[BoM] Metalborn.io, a Mistborn Era 2 character generator!

yurisses

I'd like to introduce my pet project Metalborn.io :wub:

Metalborn.io is a character generator for Mistborn Era 2. Minor spoilers for abilities and characters revealed up to Bands of Mourning.

Just input a name and gender and find out what Metallic Arts your character can use! I've shared it on /r/Mistborn yesterday, and 3700 characters have already been generated :o

If you're unhappy with the default probabilities, there is also a page where you can tweak them! (Characters generated with non-default probabilities cannot be saved.)

This is also a fully open source Haskell and Elm project for anyone interested.

Please let me know if you find any issue!

- Tam

This is stupidly cool.

Here's what I got:

Justquestin (yes that's what I typed in)

Spoiler

Justquestin is a Pulser: he can use Allomantic Cadmium. Pulsers can create Cadmium bubbles where time flows slower than outside the bubble. This can be useful to travel forward in time or temporarily incapacitate anyone inside the speed bubble from an outsider's perspective. Bullets crossing the bubble's border seem to change course in unpredictable ways.

In addition, Justquestin can use Feruchemical Bronze, making him a Sentry. Sentries can store wakefulness. This can be used to be inhumanly alert and energetic, or conversely to cure one's insomnia.

Some call the combination of a Pulser and Sentry a Plotter. Plotters are skilled at executing long-term plans. Twinborn combinations create subtle new effects which are not well known at this time.

Justquestin owns a South Scadrian Allomantic Grenade, which can be charged with Allomantic or Feruchemical power and thrown for remote activation.

Well that's pretty cool. I can do everything Marasi could do and I can sleep whenever I want.

It's not flashy or powerful but it has it's perks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This site is pretty epic, anyway here's my character if anyone wants to see it

Spoiler

Rellius can use Allomantic Zinc, making him a Rioter. Rioters can enflame other people's emotions in a controllable area of effect. The Rioter can choose what emotion to Riot. Certain rioters known as zinc counselors use their abilities as a kind of therapy.

Furthermore, Rellius can use Feruchemical Gold, making him a Bloodmaker. Bloodmakers can store health, becoming frail while storing and able to heal from fatal injuries while tapping it.

Rellius's Twinborn combination is rare, and there is no common name for it. Twinborn co

mbinations create subtle new effects which are not well known at this time.

Rellius acquired in mysterious circumstances 1 Hemalurgic spike, granting him access to, or a boost of power in, Allomantic Pewter.

I'd say this combo is pretty cool

Edited by Witless of Shinovar
add a comment

• 2 weeks later...

Generated one named after Vin’s alias, Valette. 

As a Seeker, Valette can use Allomantic Bronze. Seekers are able to detect nearby use of Allomancy.

Additionally, as an Archivist, Valette can use Feruchemical Copper. Archivists can store memories inside copperminds. When an Archivist stores a memory in a coppermind, it immediately disappears from their memory. Memories stored in a coppermind are filed individually and are not seen as one whole memory to the Archivist.

Some call the combination of a Seeker and Archivist a Metalmapper. Metalmappers are meticulous chroniclers of Metalborn. Twinborn combinations create subtle new effects which are not well known at this time.

These types make really good academics. I can just see a Metalmapper hanging out in a lab and recording the results of scientific tests. It’s one of those quality of life improvements

• 1 month later...