Cin's sketches n' stuff

Cinnamon

Hello, my name is Cinnamon and this is my art thread! (Shock horror! Really??!).

I am going to post random things I do, mostly sketches, perhaps the occasional something else, if I write a thing that I want feedback on, or make a really good looking meal or something. We'll see! That is the mystery of the " n' stuff " at the end of the thread title. :P

I would really appreciate it if you could give me lots of constructive criticism because I really want to improve my skills and become better at this thing I love!

So without further ado... here are some sketches for y'all.

Spoiler

This dude is a random drawing I did when I couldn't sleep the other night, I liked it better before I added the fine liner and the yellow but, oh well!

Spoiler

beaniedude.png.4e14d566f3b2a95876af85f218bf9675.png

Number two this one is also a 'late night I cant sleep' but it has the added bonus of being drawn while I was having a breakdown and was bawling my eyes out! Yay! Don't you just looove bad mental health! :/

Here's a game; can you spot the tearstains I've tried to draw over/ hide? Its tricky!

Spoiler

Ixchel.png.63fc225f0875a43697725227f3ba7f8f.png

^^^ I don't love the face on this one, but the hair looks cool and flowy so I still like it. PS. her name is Ixchel (ish-elle)

This is Eddie. My little brother named him. (awwwwww) Just ignore the left hand with the helmet, its kinda sketch. (get it? 'sketch', and it is a sketch;)) The typography at the bottom is supposed to be on his shirt, but I don't really know how to make clothes look good with folds and things so I definitely didn't know how I would go about logo-ing without it looking absolutely terrible.
Bonus points if you get the Artemis Fowl reference. 

Spoiler

Eddie-Randomosity.png.9e910e0977d8de21217a985608607029.png

Spoiler

Thank you Facepalm, Star and Aes for giving me the push I needed to actually do this!

@Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat, @Ookla The Praetorium, @Ookla the Ta'veren

That is all for now, but you will soon get more! Please give me feedback, and I hope you enjoy! :D 

i am going to cry because i do not understand the Artemis reference, and that is one of my favorite book series ever written ;-; might you explain it to a poor simpletoon? haha see i slipped one in there hehehe

and your art style is so pretty! i especially like the second one (though i am saddened by the suffering present at its creation).

edit: wait... is "randomosity" what's written on the t-shirt Artemis's mom tries to make him wear?

Edited by Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat

55 minutes ago, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

edit: wait... is "randomosity" what's written on the t-shirt Artemis's mom tries to make him wear?

Indeed it is!!

I just finished drawing this! My little bro wanted me to draw a “dude with fire hair” so an attempt was made. The hair doesn’t look very fire-y but it is still pretty cool!

Oh and just ignore the thing in the top left that was just for me to remember where my light source was.

Spoiler

639007557bdd5_firehair.png.fadc37ce7479fa60f23d56e6c334a3f0.png

Edited by Ookla the catastrophizer
The photo didn't show!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I am terribly sorry about the lack of posting art :mellow:. I am currently on holidays overseas (yay!) and the only devices I have access to don’t have international coverage so I can only get online when I am on the internet at my grandparents house, their internet is not the best so I cannot upload images :mellow:

I will have lots and lots of art for this thread when I get home but sadly that is not until late January (not sure of the precise dates but I think it is around the 24th)

Just thought I’d let you know, I am still planning on posting in this thread, I am just unable to for a while.:lol:

Happy Koloss Head Munching Day to everyone!

-Cin

Edited by Ookla the catastrophizer

• 1 month later...

Double posting! oh no!!!!!

Welp I'm back and I have the glorious internet. I actually didn't draw as much as I should have but I did do some sketching and have a couple unfinished sketches I can share with you guys.

Again please, I want feedback!^_^ If I don't get any feedback I will come for your souls thank you!

Spoiler

this is just a sketch of some mountains and trees and a lake that I did when I needed to relax. I added some yellow fineliner to it because I wanted to.

Spoiler

63d0c103168e7_mountainswithlake.thumb.jpg.bb879faa5bb76c1634d0a9f3fdea688d.jpg

This is just a page of random nonsense I did when I was bored.

Spoiler

bored.thumb.jpg.77d417df488b5cbbc4e60ccb343cde1f.jpg

Some hands in different positions for practice.

Spoiler

Hands.thumb.jpg.eaacaad8869259751fd5903fcfc12938.jpg

Unfinished sketches number one and two, I will continue them and share the progress with you.

Spoiler

63d0c10119f33_I-eyesunfinished.thumb.jpg.cb6894dd107e4e2f7d63038a9b0d3550.jpgunfinished.thumb.jpg.83c7421fb8ce95211e20e6aefa0d8d12.jpg

just a sword. Swords are cool so I drew one! It is loosely inspired by the design of Gavilar's Shardblade

Spoiler

sword.thumb.jpg.9792d2ea061bfaa0719c4e47d9f6aa9e.jpg

This it a wack looking tree I sketched. I don't know what is wrong with it, it just feels off. Maybe it is the trunk thickness or the thin branches? I don't know. suggestions?

Spoiler

63d0c10c1e072_wacktree.thumb.jpg.9da73174b465874753bdc7233ddf8318.jpg

This last one I didn't really plan or anything, I was just sad and confused about who I was and some stuff that I shall not disclose. This is what came out. I actually really like this even though it is not the best thing I have drawn, I feel like it has a part of my soul captured in it.

Cheesy much?

Spoiler

63d0c10dbc87b_WhoamIportaltoselfordoom.thumb.jpg.ab342a7f3ee8db617d8f70b8ae5c1e5d.jpg

sorry idk how to get rid of this, just ignore it

Spoiler

mountains with lake.jpg

Edited by Cinnamon
formatting

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Double posting! oh no!!!!!

Welp I'm back and I have the glorious internet. I actually didn't draw as much as I should have but I did do some sketching and have a couple unfinished sketches I can share with you guys.

Again please, I want feedback!^_^ If I don't get any feedback I will come for your souls thank you!

Hide contents

this is just a sketch of some mountains and trees and a lake that I did when I needed to relax. I added some yellow fineliner to it because I wanted to.

Hide contents

63d0c103168e7_mountainswithlake.thumb.jpg.bb879faa5bb76c1634d0a9f3fdea688d.jpg

This is just a page of random nonsense I did when I was bored.

Hide contents

bored.thumb.jpg.77d417df488b5cbbc4e60ccb343cde1f.jpg

Some hands in different positions for practice.

Hide contents

Hands.thumb.jpg.eaacaad8869259751fd5903fcfc12938.jpg

Unfinished sketches number one and two, I will continue them and share the progress with you.

Hide contents

63d0c10119f33_I-eyesunfinished.thumb.jpg.cb6894dd107e4e2f7d63038a9b0d3550.jpgunfinished.thumb.jpg.83c7421fb8ce95211e20e6aefa0d8d12.jpg

just a sword. Swords are cool so I drew one! It is loosely inspired by the design of Gavilar's Shardblade

Hide contents

sword.thumb.jpg.9792d2ea061bfaa0719c4e47d9f6aa9e.jpg

This it a wack looking tree I sketched. I don't know what is wrong with it, it just feels off. Maybe it is the trunk thickness or the thin branches? I don't know. suggestions?

Hide contents

63d0c10c1e072_wacktree.thumb.jpg.9da73174b465874753bdc7233ddf8318.jpg

This last one I didn't really plan or anything, I was just sad and confused about who I was and some stuff that I shall not disclose. This is what came out. I actually really like this even though it is not the best thing I have drawn, I feel like it has a part of my soul captured in it.

Cheesy much?

Hide contents

63d0c10dbc87b_WhoamIportaltoselfordoom.thumb.jpg.ab342a7f3ee8db617d8f70b8ae5c1e5d.jpg

sorry idk how to get rid of this, just ignore it

Hide contents

mountains with lake.jpg

Wow... I wish I was this good at drawing. The most artistic things I can do are acting (sort of) and poems.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my goodness gracious me! I found a sketckbook that I lost and guess what was in it? It was an unfinished drawing inspired by this short story by @Shining Silhouette!

I wait alone in the dark, listening. My hands are trembling with anticipation, vibrating to the hypnotic beat of my heart. My feet anxiously drum on the floor, pattering a rhythm unfamiliar to me. My brain is whirling at maximum speed, pleading with me to begin. Yet I cannot.

I watch. My eyes drift along the landscape of my living room, sweeping past the throng of stringed instruments lined in a row, the pair of well-loved couches incessantly curtsying at one another, and the stack of music books balancing precariously in the corner. Above me, I hear my father pacing the floor of his office; it’s a quiet, comforting pattern. 

I close my eyes and begin to meditate. As I breathe, I feel currents of calming air fill my lungs. I exhale, willing my superfluous thoughts to follow my breath and evaporate into nothing. As my mind is cleared, I grow lighter, and I feel myself begin to float. I revel in this freedom, the wild liberty of the mind. I ascend, soaring to cerebral horizons far above my perceived mental limits, experiencing facets of reality I’d never dreamed of. I continue to cleanse my thoughts for a few minutes until I feel a pull from my body gently tugging me back, and I glide down into awareness. My mind is clear; I am ready.

My fingertips inspect the patterns of the chiseled white in front of me, tenderly tracing the black and white slabs. Each has a distinct character, charisma, and charm. I imagine the colors that will soon be woven, picturing shades of emotion fearlessly melding together. I consider for an instant, then I select my palette. I relish this moment, when the painting is still shrouded in mystery. Then, finally, I thrust open the door of my imagination.

It starts with one note: a low B-flat, resonant and strong, but susceptible to severe bouts of sentiment. A cluster from the upper octaves joins the mix, then tentatively makes its way down the glossy ivories. Tones mingle with one another, each combination adjusting the color. As the notes blend, they become spiraling lattices of harmony. Sound lingers in my ears for a moment, then curves past, dancing away to the peripherality of my perception. 

My hands move of their own accord, mutinously plastering the air with bundles of my most profound feelings. Sometimes, my inner thoughts are manifested so extraordinarily that I must sit in silence until I can fully digest the sensations. This period of introspection is excruciating, but I invariably continue, for I’m in an oasis of self-discovery, captivated to the extreme.

At this moment, my faults, my flaws, and my failures all disappear. The light of my imagination is enough to banish my darkest fears from the forefront of my mind. I no longer feel inadequate, weak, or broken; here, I’m strong and powerful, sheltered and secure. I cry as I come to this realization, eyes welling up with tears of relief. These drops trickle past my nose to the bottom of my chin, where they dive down to the warm embrace of my carpet-cloaked floor.

Music is my all, and I am my music. I am the fluttering birdsongs of the upper registers, the thundering growls of the rumbling bass, the triumphant trumpets of the middle of the instrument. The sound rippling through the room expresses the most intimate facets of my being. I am at peace. I am understood. 

Time is fluid, a silvery mercury that oozes down the meandering conduits of my consciousness. It drifts at its own pace, but as I play, it accelerates, spreading thinly along the walls of the abstract passage. As the night races by, I wish I had a larger supply. 

And in a moment, I find myself listening to the reflective echo of the last chiming note. My face is washed clean, my hands are relaxed and calm, and my brain finally is satisfied. My work is done. I stand up and turn on the lights.

Spoiler

63e4bc1e76dfa_piano1.png.e27ef18ecd1492b4d81a67f55a03d281.png

I drew it as soon as I read it and totally forgot about it until I saw @Telraos commission they did for Silho! I went back though my phone and found some progress pics I took while I was drawing it (along with this picture I posted, I suppose that it would have been a 'progress pic' too if I'd ever finished it) . Then I hunted for the actual sketchbook!

progress pics:

Spoiler

63e56c88daa9c_piano1.1.png.bdf13bf2dc51919b6c33a9c6a6a9021c.png63e56c8a2ae3b_piano2.png.7eefde426336579365a1fc056a5dbbe0.png

63e56c8b7a523_piano3.png.e28d9eb86388a8bf988cc19a39f2bc3d.png63e56c8cbac9d_piano4.png.9c42c08d107eabc8857b710eb8e4d7c0.png

Should I finish it?

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Oh my goodness gracious me! I found a sketckbook that I lost and guess what was in it? It was an unfinished drawing inspired by this short story by @Shining Silhouette!

Hide contents

63e4bc1e76dfa_piano1.png.e27ef18ecd1492b4d81a67f55a03d281.png

I drew it as soon as I read it and totally forgot about it until I saw @Telraos commission they did for Silho! I went back though my phone and found some progress pics I took while I was drawing it (along with this picture I posted, I suppose that it would have been a 'progress pic' too if I'd ever finished it) . Then I hunted for the actual sketchbook!

Should I finish it?

I'm really really touched by this!! ^_^

I would love it if you finished it :DDD

Just now, Cinnamon said:

okie dokie! It'll hopefully be done by tonight! What colour would you like the suit/ hair? Do you want it similar to Telrao's?

That sounds fantastic!!

Whichever colour you prefer for the suit! As for the hair, dirty blond works well :D

Also, the hair that both of you have drawn is much cooler than mine—maybe I'll get inspired :P

7 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Also, the hair that both of you have drawn is much cooler than mine—maybe I'll get inspired :P

Ha! Well blame the creation spren for mine, I wasn't necessarily trying to draw you when I started. The short story just inspired me! So really its because of you that your hair is cool so by extension your hair is cool! (not that it wasn't originally, its just extra cool now!)

I DID SOME MAGNUS ARCHIVES FANART. @Szeth's Facepalm CONVINCED ME TO LISTEN TO IT, I DID  AND IT IS REALLY GOOD. YOU SHOULD GO LISTEN TO IT TOO.

Spoiler

63e4b963629e9_ExAltiora.png.1212fd715a60cc7a5f9d9578520e692b.png

Edited by Cinnamon

Just now, Cinnamon said:

Ha! Well blame the creation spren for mine, I wasn't necessarily trying to draw you when I started. The short story just inspired me! So really its because of you that your hair is cool so by extension your hair is cool! (not that it wasn't originally, its just extra cool now!)

Lol no wonder!

Glad I inspired something cool :D

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I DID SOME MAGNUS ARCHIVES FANART. @Szeth's Facepalm CONVINCED ME TO LISTEN TO IT, I DID  AND IT IS REALLY GOOD. YOU SHOULD GO LISTEN TO IT TOO.

DARN RIGHT U SHOULD

Also i know i already said but the book is rly cool :3

26 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

progress pics:

Reveal hidden contents

63e56c88daa9c_piano1.1.png.bdf13bf2dc51919b6c33a9c6a6a9021c.png63e56c8a2ae3b_piano2.png.7eefde426336579365a1fc056a5dbbe0.png

63e56c8b7a523_piano3.png.e28d9eb86388a8bf988cc19a39f2bc3d.png63e56c8cbac9d_piano4.png.9c42c08d107eabc8857b710eb8e4d7c0.png

Should I finish it?

WOW! Cin, that's so awesome! My girl, you should totally finish it! I love the sketch - it's so good!!!

TAKE MY REP :D 

8 minutes ago, Telrao said:

WOW! Cin, that's so awesome! My girl, you should totally finish it! I love the sketch - it's so good!!!

TAKE MY REP :D 

THANK YOU!! *throws pain au chocolat*

I’M GOING TO GO DO IT RIGHT NOW GOODBYE. SEE YOU IN A COUPLE HOURS (?) WITH A MORE FINISHED VERSION!!!!!!

IM ON MOBILE AND MY DOUBLE ARROW CAPSLOCK THING WONT UN CLICK. WOOOOOO. YELLING IN CAPITAL LETTERS IS SO FUN!!!!