SP1 - head buried in sand

JoBeji

Hello,

I have purposely buried my head in the sand about the secret projects.  I do have one question I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to answer.  What should I re-read before SP1 is sent out?  I tried skimming topic titles but didn't want to dive too deep into SP1's discussions before I have book in hand.  I know "Re-read all the Cosmere" would answer my question, but I was hoping someone could be a bit more specific about which books/series most closely precede SP1.

Thank you!

Maybe read up the new book (Edit: Sorry didn't realize)

There is a person in that book with access to a thing that has something in common with SP1. I think. 

Is that general enough or is it too much?

Edited by JustQuestin2004
removing mention of spoiler

There really isn't very much to catch. The story seems to be very isolated from other events we have seen.

You absolutely don't need to read anything before SP1. It seems to be stand alone. There are very very slight connections to something on Roshar and something in The Lost Metal, but these are not needed in any way. 

Edited by teknopathetic

5 hours ago, JustQuestin2004 said:

Maybe read up Mistborn The Lost Metal as well?

There is a person in that book with access to a particular Magic System that has something in common with SP1. I think. 

Is that general enough or is it too much?

General enough.  Thanks!

I agree with everyone else, nothing is necessary, from what we have read of it, it is its own story. 

In terms of what would be helpful, yeah, parts of Words of Radiance and Oathbringer are relevant. Along with TLM. Not completely sure about White Sand, that is moreso for potential connections, than anything we have confirmed. 

• 4 weeks later...

Correction now that I have read it, on what I feel would be good to read. But what I said before stands true, nothing is necessary. Most are just references, or things that can be enjoyed even if you don't fully understand it. Brandon made sure to make it readable without reading everything.

Spoiler

Secret History

Elantris (10th Anniversary edition, in particular.)

Stormlight Archive (unimportant, just a passing reference)

Warbreaker

White Sand (another passing reference)

Edited by Firesong