Mistborn Metals and Fabriels

Raijai

Question

I'm sure someone else has already asked this... But could you hypothetically create Atium on Roshar? I have no Idea how you would... but if you did, what kind of fabrial could you make with it?

I have to bring up another question.. If Atium was created by turning the body of Ruin into metal, could other -different- god metals be created by using the bodies of the other shards?

3 answers to this question

To answer the second question: Yes! Every shard has a god metal that does something different. Lerasium, the metal that turns people into Mistborn, is Preservation's god metal. We can assume that each shard has a god metal, we just don't know what all of those are yet, or what they do.

Rhythm of War spoilers:

Spoiler

We see Odium's god metal, Raysium, used in some interesting ways in this book.

As for what an Atium Fabrial would do...I have no idea. It would probably have something to do with the future, based on it's allomantic properties, but I really have no clue.

These are good questions to be asking, though!

Edited by Ookla the Perpetual

2 hours ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

As for what an Atium Fabrial would do...I have no idea. It would probably have something to do with the future, based on it's allomantic properties, but I really have no clue.

I want to highlight this because we have seena  little bit about how Fabrials are made and at least a few of them use metals that are viable for allomancy and have related effects to the allomantic effects of those metals. which suggests that looking at what a metal does in allomancy (and to be honest the other metallic arts as well, i'd bet) is actually a very good way to guess at what it could be used for in Fabrial creation.

I think the most obvious two options would be a Fabrial to Manipulate Age or a Precognition Fabrial, mimicking the two known metallic arts affects.   Id be curious to see if an Atium fabrial fueled by Stormlight would make atium style precognition or if it would act more like the Illumination/Rosharan Surge style "Stained-Glass Window" version we've seen.