Mistborn Audiobook CD

Lucy

Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to introduce my husband to the Cosmere by buying him some Mistborn audiobooks preferably CDs. He likes to collect old Cassette and CD audiobooks... 

I've been searching and can't seem to find the Mistborn CDs narrated by Michael Kramer, but I have found the graphic audio version.

Any thoughts on where I can find the Michael Kramer version? Does anyone like the graphic audio version?

Edited by Lucy

Graphic Audio isn't quite like your traditional Audiobook, it 's more like an audio drama. It's the unabridged book, but narrated by a full cast with background music. From what little of the graphic audios I've listened to, they seem to be very high quality.

I was able to find the traditional audiobook on CD on the Macmillan Audio website (the subset of Brandon's publishing house that handles audio) 

https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781427275103/mistborn

the only downside appears to be the price. If you were looking to get all of the original Mistborn trilogy like this, it would cost roughly 240 US dollars. If this is around the same price as the Graphic audio and you're willing to spend that much, then these are really good audiobooks, and I quite like them. On the other hand, occasionally public libraries will have copies of the audiobook cds available to loan, which may be a better option for seeing if your husband likes them before dropping the big cash on the audiobooks.

3 hours ago, Ookla The Long 'Wyn'ded said:

Graphic Audio isn't quite like your traditional Audiobook, it 's more like an audio drama. It's the unabridged book, but narrated by a full cast with background music. From what little of the graphic audios I've listened to, they seem to be very high quality.

I was able to find the traditional audiobook on CD on the Macmillan Audio website (the subset of Brandon's publishing house that handles audio) 

https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781427275103/mistborn

the only downside appears to be the price. If you were looking to get all of the original Mistborn trilogy like this, it would cost roughly 240 US dollars. If this is around the same price as the Graphic audio and you're willing to spend that much, then these are really good audiobooks, and I quite like them. On the other hand, occasionally public libraries will have copies of the audiobook cds available to loan, which may be a better option for seeing if your husband likes them before dropping the big cash on the audiobooks.

Thank you for pointing me the right direction! Yea those are pretty pricey. I might check out our library and see if they have it so he can see if he likes it first. I knew someone on here would have a better idea of where to look! Really appreciate it!

37 minutes ago, Lucy said:

Thank you for pointing me the right direction! Yea those are pretty pricey. I might check out our library and see if they have it so he can see if he likes it first. I knew someone on here would have a better idea of where to look! Really appreciate it!

Used bookstores can be a goldmine for audio book CDs. The savings aren't always amazing, but they're generally cheaper than the list price for a new copy.

On 11/28/2022 at 4:40 PM, Returned said:

Used bookstores can be a goldmine for audio book CDs. The savings aren't always amazing, but they're generally cheaper than the list price for a new copy.

Update! I found Mistborn and Well of Ascension CDs at this little bookstore for $15 each! Boxes are pretty beaten up and the CDs have some scratches, but the few I've tried have worked. Super excited! Just need to keep my eyes open for the last book. Thanks again!

11 minutes ago, Lucy said:

Update! I found Mistborn and Well of Ascension CDs at this little bookstore for $15 each! Boxes are pretty beaten up and the CDs have some scratches, but the few I've tried have worked. Super excited! Just need to keep my eyes open for the last book. Thanks again!

Congratulations! Good luck on the third book. It's out there somewhere!

On 28/11/2022 at 5:02 PM, Lucy said:

For what it's worth, right now in December they have a special discount on graphic audio for the set of all the audio drama parts for the first 6 Mistborn books, the Secret History Novella, the Allomancer Jak short story, and the Eleventh Metal short story as well. Here is the link but as if this writing the whole set minus the recently released Lost Metal adaptation costs less than 165 bucks in total: https://www.graphicaudiointernational.net/mistborn-series-set.html

Most importantly, they are absolutely fantastic adaptations.