Shower thoughts

Sorry if this is already done I don't want to go back through and read everything

Why do we call it a pair of pants?!? A pair of socks makes sense because they are two separate articles of clothing, but a pair of pants? And we never use the singular form. We don't say "I have one pant on my left leg and one pant on my right leg. It's just a pair of pants!! 

One day, one of your parents will pick you up, put you down, then never pick you up again. Also, the same thing will happen when someone says your name meaning you. How sad, if you really think about it. Eventually we'll all be dead and forgotten. But that's why we don't think about it! :D

On 12/20/2022 at 2:33 PM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Why does english break it's own rules so much? It's like it makes the rules just so that it can break them.

Because it uses French spelling with German grammar, with a bit of Latin mixed in, and then it has been left to simmer for hundreds of years.

Your future self is spying on you through your memories.

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

.....Oh my scud.

You just broke my brain forever.

I can still remember the first time I heard that. I straight up paniced, and now everytime I think about that, I spy on that particular moment. Hundreds of Frustrations are watching that moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Monty Python are basically the Beatles of British comedy, aren't they? A lot of younger people (myself included) don't really get them, but they were massively popular and invented/perfected a lot of the tropes used in modern works. Like them or not you can't deny the influence they had on the genre.

• 4 weeks later...