Do you read non-cosmere works?

chongjasmine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really liked the Reckoners books except the 3rd. I tried the first two Cytoverse but I just couldn't get in to it. I may finish this at some point. I liked the Legion books too but they are a lot different than his normal stuff. I read the Alcatraz books with my kids they are fun but for sure geared towards younger readers. I have not read Rithmatist  and at this point will probably just wait until when/if the sequel is written. I've pretty much read all the short stories and liked them all especially Perfect State. To me this is where Brandon really shines on his non-Cosmere books the short stories. I would not consider anything I have read that Brandon wrote bad obviously the Cosmere books are just his best work. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Lego Mistborn said:

so no Cytoverse or Alcatraz for me.

Those aren't childish. Well, Alcatraz might be a little bit? The narration is very similar to Hoid's in TotES. But Cytoverse isn't childish really at all. Edit: Wow, that sounded aggressive and assertive. My, my. Apologies.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

Rithmatist is definitely worth it. It's an amazing book and is pretty close to the cosmere style (I think it was originally going to be a cosmere novel), but it does have the "book written with a sequel in mind" feel. Cytoverse is also worth reading. It's not much like a cosmere work, but it is an amazing series. I haven't finished Alcatraz, but it's fun. Reckoners is also good but is more YA feeling than the cosmere. Basically, if it's Sanderson, it won't be bad.