Kajsa's Corner

Kajsa

Welcome, welcome, to the 74th annual---

Hi! Kajsa (KAY-sa) here. This is where I'm gonna put ALL my many creative works to show off. Feel free to leave comments or suggestions, but please refrain from unsolicited critiques. Thank you!

Let's start with a portrait I did of my OC Mira Dethridge, the antagonist in my fantasy novel Harlow. She is sometimes referred to as "Snake Eyes," due to her burning yellow-orange eyes and her devilish manner. Yes, she is a pyrokinetic, and she's very fun to draw! I wish the fire was brighter and her outfit was more dynamic, or maybe I should have incorporated green or blue into the background because color theory. This took me about four hours overall to complete, and I did it on my iPad using Procreate. For aspiring digital artists out there, I recommend watching Sam Yang's YouTube Channel (Samdoesarts) or following him on social media, etc. Watching him work gives you a good idea of how to do it yourself. He has a ton of good videos, and also he's mostly family-friendly! I actually did a study of one of his pieces, incorporating @Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff's OC Haly into it. That's the one with the marshmallow. Anyway, have a wonderful day!

-Kajsa

Mira.jpg

Haly.jpg

On 11/25/2022 at 11:35 PM, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Hot dang that looks good

Thank you Fadran :D

20 hours ago, Ookla the Theoretical said:

:blink:those are absolutely incredible!!!!

Thank you so much!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright. You all remember this picture of Mira:

unnamed.thumb.png.279060fa19815b90df5caf2b27a35cc5.png.22845523fc799f3f16d1c6544bdebc8c.png

But that's just the before. Or the "How it started." You're here to see how it's going. First, let me point out the issues with this piece. First off, it's sloppy and the lies and colors aren't harmonious. They're chaotic--in a bad way. Also her hands are awful, and what is that foot/boot?! Her face looks fine but mostly everything else is a wreck. So I decided to do a redraw.

I present to you, Mira On Her Throne 2.0

IMG-2134.thumb.JPEG.c3a671d5b7bb5d3940a3dca3728ba1e5.JPEG

I tried a different sort of style for this one and I LOVE how it turned out. She looks so creepy!!!! I painted it in Procreate on my iPad. Also I don't care that my real name is in the signature because one: that's my Insta tag, and two: over half of you people that follow me already know my name. So there.

Here's another piece I did recently of my OC/protagonist Hadley Harlow (this is the before though):

Untitled-Artwork.thumb.JPEG.ce27b16d51e506eb0cbae550b9969b3b.JPEG

There are some obvious issues here--the armor blends into itself, her face looks flat and squished, and it's MESSY as HECK. So... here's the after (one with the mask, one without it to show you that I don't run from my responsibilities ;)).

6434b6c9f26cf_HadleyHarlowPortrait1.thumb.jpg.4eba0979abe808e9052d3597e682ea4f.jpgIMG-2192.thumb.PNG.30d5acd5d5276e5369762810f5efad5d.PNG

This one is so much neater, the clothes make sense and my chasms can we appreciate the swords! The rim lighting also was a blast, and I had so much fun rendering her face!!! The only con is that it took me 6 minutes short of 5 hours. :sweat:

The last piece I wanna share with you guys was a request from none other than @The Wandering Wizard himself. He wanted a piece of his OC Emma. It's kind of a mess and the lighting's wrong and colors are crazy, but it was a super fun piece and despite its flaws I think it turned out pretty well!IMG-2164.thumb.JPEG.ef80bd400402fa2572ae178c0fcc320f.JPEG

My favorite part of this piece overall is probably her expression (sometimes it's hard to draw expressive characters without making them look creepy) and the crackly lightning powers! Her hair was also a blast as well as the fancy sparkle/spark/ember effects.

Anyways, these are my newest pieces! I hope you enjoy :) 

9 minutes ago, Kajsa :) said:

The last piece I wanna share with you guys was a request from none other than @The Wandering Wizard himself. He wanted a piece of his OC Emma. It's kind of a mess and the lighting's wrong and colors are crazy, but it was a super fun piece and despite its flaws I think it turned out pretty well!

Book Emma I should clarify :P

And I only told her basic descriptions and gave her full reign and she KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK AND THEN OUT OF THE WORLD!

10 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Book Emma I should clarify :P

And I only told her basic descriptions and gave her full reign and she KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK AND THEN OUT OF THE WORLD!

Hooray for creative liberties!!! Thanks Wizzy :wub:

8 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

Duuuuuddde Kajsa, that's...dude.

You're incredible. That time was well spent.

Oh my gosh thank you :) Do you have a favorite piece?

On 4/11/2023 at 8:56 AM, Aes Sedai said:

They're all awesome...if I had to pick, I think the Hadley one with the mask. It's really good, and I like swords :) 

Hehehe me too. Thanks! 

On 4/11/2023 at 10:53 AM, Wittles of Shinovar said:

Amazing! You're so good at arts!

Aw thanks Unwittingly Witty Wittles the First :D 

Okay, I am aware that this is a double post. But I no care. My topic. Must respond and post new content. 

So, as I promised, here's that traditional sketch I was talking about, along with those two covers I decided to record for absolutely no reason.

The left eye is a little wonky, but I was scared to fix it in case it erased the whole thing. It's kind of a tiny drawing. 

unnamed.thumb.jpg.a927f81e06ec6860b865a8ae65762bbd.jpg

And here are the song covers. 

Lost Boy Full Run.m4a--originally by Ruth B. (this one gets a little weird in the second chorus when I was really feeling the music and decided to try something different with the melody--and then I was like, well, I gotta stay consistent. So sorry about that. Also in the last verse my voice gets kinda weird and shaky for a reason idk but whateves! These were just for fun lol.)

Already Gone Full Run.m4a--originally by Sleeping At Last. Some of you have already heard the first verse and chorus of this song, but I wanted to do a full version and post it once I got the bridge(s) down. So that's this. The recording is a little harsh since I was actually using a microphone, but I think as long as your volume's below 65%ish you should be fine.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 8:09 PM, Cinnamon said:

The shading on that sketch is very good!!!

I really like the second song :) it suits your voice super well and I think the piano chords fit with the quiet, acoustic-y feel of the song. 

Thank you! It took forever to get all the values right xD

That makes me so happy! Thank you! :DDDDDD

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 10:25 AM, Morningtide said:

You're so good! I love your style. The little sketch is crazy impressive!

Thank you so much, Morningtide :))))) That makes me really happy :D 

• 3 months later...