The false stormfather, tanavasts cognitive shadow, and kaladin

Valigus

This theory is essentially predicated on three main premises

1. that tanavasts cognitive shadow was while a part of the storm father in some measure distinct from his main consciousness.

2. That tanavast’s cognitive shadow was what spoke to facials and is responsible for the stormfathers weird behavior.

3. That the stormfather is no longer combined with tanavasts cognitive shadow

for these premises the second is a solid enough theory on its own, though Ishar is perhaps a more likely candidate, i personally find that given the supposed recency of his reclaiming an honor blade that he is unlikely to have been able to co-opt the stormfather.

the third essentially comes from if the second premise is true then there must be a reason for why we have not seen tanavasts cognitive shadow again, and I will provide an explanation of where it went in a moment. 

So accepting what I’ve said is true, where did the cognitive shadow go. 

I think that kaladin absorbed the cognitive shadow of tanavast during the first book. This is a theory I’ve seen elsewhere though I couldn’t find the post, but in way of kings when kaladin is tied up in the storm he claims to feel as it something is forcing it’s way inside him. 
Shortly after kaladin begins to be referred to as “son of tanavast” which we know is important. This would also explain the change in the stormfathers behavior we see.

this is definitely not one of my better put together theories but I just wanted to write it down for now.

2 hours ago, Valigus said:

This theory is essentially predicated on three main premises

1. that tanavasts cognitive shadow was while a part of the storm father in some measure distinct from his main consciousness.

2. That tanavast’s cognitive shadow was what spoke to facials and is responsible for the stormfathers weird behavior.

3. That the stormfather is no longer combined with tanavasts cognitive shadow

for these premises the second is a solid enough theory on its own, though Ishar is perhaps a more likely candidate, i personally find that given the supposed recency of his reclaiming an honor blade that he is unlikely to have been able to co-opt the stormfather.

the third essentially comes from if the second premise is true then there must be a reason for why we have not seen tanavasts cognitive shadow again, and I will provide an explanation of where it went in a moment. 

So accepting what I’ve said is true, where did the cognitive shadow go. 

I think that kaladin absorbed the cognitive shadow of tanavast during the first book. This is a theory I’ve seen elsewhere though I couldn’t find the post, but in way of kings when kaladin is tied up in the storm he claims to feel as it something is forcing it’s way inside him. 
Shortly after kaladin begins to be referred to as “son of tanavast” which we know is important. This would also explain the change in the stormfathers behavior we see.

this is definitely not one of my better put together theories but I just wanted to write it down for now.

Let's go and take this a step further Kaliden is "Son of Tanizast " obviously the storm  isn't  going around impregnating people. So could this mean something else?   Is could Kaliden be an avatar of Tanizast. 

4 hours ago, bmcclure7 said:

Let's go and take this a step further Kaliden is "Son of Tanizast " obviously the storm  isn't  going around impregnating people. So could this mean something else?   Is could Kaliden be an avatar of Tanizast. 

That’s kind of what I was getting at though not in those words and maybe not that strong. But yeah I think Kaladin may have absorbed tanavast a cognitive shadow and that explains a lot of weirdness.

15 hours ago, Valigus said:

That’s kind of what I was getting at though not in those words and maybe not that strong. But yeah I think Kaladin may have absorbed tanavast a cognitive shadow and that explains a lot of weirdness.

It would give a new perspective on his famous quote. " Honor is dead, But I'll see what I can do."