The Wingfeather Saga

S. Stormy

I'm partway through the last book. I'm loving it so far. I'm enjoying the series more than I've enjoyed any books in a while. The trailer for the Angel Studios production looks... very cute. And the first book is cute, but the books aren't just cute. They get intense. I'm really intrigued by how they'll do that. @The Wandering Wizard

On 12/3/2022 at 8:30 PM, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

What did y'all think if you watched it?? @Ookla the Myopic @Gregorio

I thought it was fantastic. It was different from the book, but in a good way that helped it to entertain instead of staying 100% true to the og saga. If this is how it's going to go. I'll watch the rest with glee! You?

Edited by Gregorio

21 minutes ago, Gregorio said:

I thought it was fantastic. It was different from the book, but in a good way that helped it to entertain instead of staying 100% true to the og saga. If this is how it's going to go. I'll watch the rest with glee! You?

It was a little bit... childish? I mean, that's how the books start out, but I feel like there will be parents who just will be like "oh this seems cute I'll plop my kids in front of it and do stuff"

and then they find out that

SPOILER FOR THE END OF 2! OR WHICHEVER BOOK WE GET ARTHAM'S BACKSTORY!

Spoiler

the uncle was tortured into turning half-eagle and accidentally abandoned his brother to a worse fate and is now eternally guilt-ridden and periodically insane and 

SPOILER FOR THE END OF 4!

Spoiler

ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS FREAKING DIES

38 minutes ago, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

It was a little bit... childish? I mean, that's how the books start out, but I feel like there will be parents who just will be like "oh this seems cute I'll plop my kids in front of it and do stuff"

and then they find out that

SPOILER FOR THE END OF 2! OR WHICHEVER BOOK WE GET ARTHAM'S BACKSTORY!

Reveal hidden contents

the uncle was tortured into turning half-eagle and accidentally abandoned his brother to a worse fate and is now eternally guilt-ridden and periodically insane and 

SPOILER FOR THE END OF 4!

Reveal hidden contents

ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS FREAKING DIES

Ya. I think there should be some warnings about what might happen. I hope they do good with it and don't make it too childish. Nor do I hope they make it too dark. 

• 11 months later...