Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless finished his contraption, then grabbed the Kuroboh from Haly and shoved it into his machine. "Ready for the test?"

To clarify: If a computer program is controlling the machine, it won't work. If the Kuroboh is controlling it, that's fine.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Yeah. That’s… hmm. I hope he’s okay…she cast a concerned glance at him. Maybe it was the guy in the room? Maybe he made TAAron forget?

“Oh yeah! Let’s do it!” Haly crouches by the creature for a moment and ruffled its fur. “It was nice knowing you.”

I wish I could ask him myself. I wonder if his amnesia can be cured without healing his soul.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

I wish I could ask him myself. I wonder if his amnesia can be cured without healing his soul.

Maybe. I wish I knew more about these things so I could help out more. Oh well, I guess I can give him marshmallows. But that doesn’t help with amnesia. I bet the spike has something to do with this! I wonder if there’s a way to get it out—a special acid he could swallow or something.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Oh yeah! Let’s do it!” Haly crouches by the creature for a moment and ruffled its fur. “It was nice knowing you.”

"I-yeah. Let's activate the machine." Nameless pulled a rope, which promptly snapped in two. "Hm. That's unfortunate. Hey, TAAron, can you come over here and tie this rope back together?"

Maybe. I wish I knew more about these things so I could help out more. Oh well, I guess I can give him marshmallows. But that doesn’t help with amnesia. I bet the spike has something to do with this! I wonder if there’s a way to get it out—a special acid he could swallow or something.

To clarify: The spike has nothing to do with it, except it means he already had very small amount of soul damage before his incident. It grants him the ability to store mental speed. You really should read Mistborn to know how all this works, by the way. no pressure

Maybe...

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"I-yeah. Let's activate the machine." Nameless pulled a rope, which promptly snapped in two. "Hm. That's unfortunate. Hey, TAAron, can you come over here and tie this rope back together?"

"Uh... I guess so. Why me?"

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Because you were really good with knots before you lost your memory, of course." Nameless walked over to the machine and fiddled with it, making a shushing gesture towards Haly before she could protest. "There, it's disabled. Don't worry about activating the thing; just make sure that knot's good and tight." Nameless smiled encouragingly. I hope this works.

"Because you were really good with knots before you lost your memory, of course." Nameless walked over to the machine and fiddled with it, making a shushing gesture towards Haly before she could protest. "There, it's disabled. Don't worry about activating the thing; just make sure that knot's good and tight." Nameless smiled encouragingly. I hope this works.

"I... was? Alright." Cautiously, TAAron approached the rope, grabbing both ends and bringing them together. Awkwardly, he began trying to tie them together.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Maybe...

Yeah. I should. *sigh* I wish I had my drivers license so I could drive to the library.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Haly was confused. Had he been? She didn’t remember TAAron being exceptional with knots. Huh. Maybe this was part of a plan.

Haly was confused. Had he been? She didn’t remember TAAron being exceptional with knots. Huh. Maybe this was part of a plan.

Nameless walked over to Haly. "Don't worry," he whispered quietly. "That rope's on a hair trigger. As soon as he pulls it even a little, the machine will activate."

Nameless walked over to Haly. "Don't worry," he whispered quietly. "That rope's on a hair trigger. As soon as he pulls it even a little, the machine will activate."

“Ohhh!” Haly kept her voice quiet. “That’s genius. D’you think it’ll be enough?”

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly nodded, then offered Nameless a marshmallow.

"I really don't feel like I'm qualified for this. There's barely any slack on this rope!" Trying to get more rope to work with, TAAron tugged on both ends.

Nameless took the marshmallow and ate it, watching TAAron struggle to tie the rope back together.

"I really don't feel like I'm qualified for this. There's barely any slack on this rope!" Trying to get more rope to work with, TAAron tugged on both ends.

“You’ve got this. We believe in you!” Haly summoned a bowl of marshmallows and chocolate sauce and started munching, feeling sort of silly watching TAAron while doing nothing. Oh well. Couldn’t be helped.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

The machine went off with a sharp crack and the unsuspecting Kuroboh was launched into the barrier. Nameless smiled, observing as the creature flailed around for a short time before dissolving. "Excellent. The machine works."

The machine went off with a sharp crack and the unsuspecting Kuroboh was launched into the barrier. Nameless smiled, observing as the creature flailed around for a short time before dissolving. "Excellent. The machine works."

It wouldn't have dissolved, it would have just fallen through.

TAAron yelped. "Oh no! I though you said that it was turned off!"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

“Cool! Now we just need to do things.”

TAAron yelped. "Oh no! I though you said that it was turned off!"

Haly walked up and offered TAAron a chocolate marshmallow dragon. “You did it! Yay. Also, blame Nameless.” She grinned.

“Cool! Now we just need to do things."
Haly walked up and offered TAAron a chocolate marshmallow dragon. “You did it! Yay. Also, blame Nameless.” She grinned.

"I... Oh." Light dawned in TAAron's eyes. "That was a cruel trick. I though I had ruined the machine!"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I... Oh." Light dawned in TAAron's eyes. "That was a cruel trick. I though I had ruined the machine!"

“Still blame Nameless! It wasn’t me!” Haly grinned again, then finished the marshmallows in popcorn butter and Lost the bowl.

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn looked up from her duel disk. 

"Hmm? Did it work?"

“Yes! Yes it did.”

“Still blame Nameless! It wasn’t me!” Haly grinned again, then finished the marshmallows in popcorn butter and Lost the bowl.

“Yes! Yes it did.”

"But now I know the trick! How will we get it to work again?"

"Sorry. Had to figure out some way to bypass Intent, and I figured that was the best way. We can trick someone else to get us through. Now, I just need to make sure that we get through the barrier without our own intent getting us killed. I think knocking us all unconscious should work."