Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Nameless scribbled down some notes as the mouse was vaporized. "Interesting. It appears that my intent is enough for the barrier to kill the mouse. Perhaps if I dilute it somehow?" he twirled his pencil absently, considering. "Haly, you any good at making Rube Goldberg machines?"

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Wait. What? Spike? What spike? Panic peaked. What does it do? 

You don't know? I find it pretty confusing, myself. It's a small metal spike that must somehow avoid hitting any major internal organs, which is very unlikely given its placement. It seems to have some sort of effect on his soul, although it's hard to understand. A lot of things confuse me about his soul, actually. It's practically in pieces, but has a lot of weird connections and properties. Has something changed about him since he left?

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless scribbled down some notes as the mouse was vaporized. "Interesting. It appears that my intent is enough for the barrier to kill the mouse. Perhaps if I dilute it somehow?" he twirled his pencil absently, considering. "Haly, you any good at making Rube Goldberg machines?"

“Um. No idea what that is.”

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

You don't know? I find it pretty confusing, myself. It's a small metal spike that must somehow avoid hitting any major internal organs, which is very unlikely given its placement. It seems to have some sort of effect on his soul, although it's hard to understand. A lot of things confuse me about his soul, actually. It's practically in pieces, but has a lot of weird connections and properties. Has something changed about him since he left?

Left… left where? He’s left a lot. I mean, I don’t know. His soul is damaged. It hurts for him to burn metals.

"A do-nothing machine? Basically, I'm thinking that we can use some kind of contraption to put things into the barrier without them having the Intent to do so, or anyone else having the direct intent to put them into it."

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Left… left where? He’s left a lot. I mean, I don’t know. His soul is damaged. It hurts for him to burn metals.

Since he left our... homeworld. Describe to me what this metal burning does. Do you know how or why he can do it?

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"A do-nothing machine? Basically, I'm thinking that we can use some kind of contraption to put things into the barrier without them having the Intent to do so, or anyone else having the direct intent to put them into it."

“I have marshmallows. And chocolate. And bowls. And popcorn butter. I mean, maybe we could… yeah, sorry. I don’t have the slightest idea how to make something like that. Unless we bounce on a shaky marshmallow or something.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Since he left our... homeworld. Describe to me what this metal burning does. Do you know how or why he can do it?

There’s these different metals that do different things. He can push and pull metal, for example, and stuff like that. He gave me a bead of Lerasium or something. I haven’t used it. (If she did use it and I forgot, lemme know) I think they go slowly and stuff. He burned pewter, I think, back when he was… dying. When I flooded the floor. 

“I have marshmallows. And chocolate. And bowls. And popcorn butter. I mean, maybe we could… yeah, sorry. I don’t have the slightest idea how to make something like that. Unless we bounce on a shaky marshmallow or something.

"If we had a computer, we could set up a program that would drop the creature into the barrier at some random time. Maybe there's some magic on this planet that could replicate that?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"If we had a computer, we could set up a program that would drop the creature into the barrier at some random time. Maybe there's some magic on this planet that could replicate that?"

“Or we could maybe have a contraption where a machine pulls a plank out from under something and drops them through. Or pushes, or something. I wonder if that would work. We could use a horse or something to power it.”

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Wynn raised her hand. 

"My duel disk has a computer system... if that works."

There’s these different metals that do different things. He can push and pull metal, for example, and stuff like that. He gave me a bead of Lerasium or something. I haven’t used it. (If she did use it and I forgot, lemme know) I think they go slowly and stuff. He burned pewter, I think, back when he was… dying. When I flooded the floor. 

I think we decided that the lerasium would grant her alternate effects because of her connection to a different magic system. She maybe used it in order to break into TAAron's prison box.

Ah. That explains a good deal. So he had an allergic reaction, you fought, and then you just became friends? I wouldn't have expected that. TAAron was sort of the reserved type back... back then.

“Or we could maybe have a contraption where a machine pulls a plank out from under something and drops them through. Or pushes, or something. I wonder if that would work. We could use a horse or something to power it.”

"That could work. Depends on whether the horse would dilute our intent enough."

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn raised her hand. 

"My duel disk has a computer system... if that works."

"Can we hook it up to a machine?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Ah. That explains a good deal. So he had an allergic reaction, you fought, and then you just became friends? I wouldn't have expected that. TAAron was sort of the reserved type back... back then.

Well, yep. That was pretty much what happened. 

Reserved? I can see that. He researches a lot and stuff. But he’s also nice. And he fought Karden. So yeah. 

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Yes. It might take me a second to reconfigure it, but yes."

Haly realized that they just might get out of here. They just might be able to find that tower and complete the quest! This was exciting!

She wished she had a fluffy thing to cuddle. She Found a kitten shaped marshmallow and cuddles that instead.

She wished she had a fluffy thing to cuddle. She Found a kitten shaped marshmallow and cuddles that instead.

Wynn rolled her eyes.

"Winged Kuriboh."

A small fuzzy creature appeared.

"This one won't try to kill you."

Spoiler

Winged Kuriboh Card Profile : Official Yu-Gi-Oh! Site

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"That could work. Depends on whether the horse would dilute our intent enough."

"Can we hook it up to a machine?"

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Yes. It might take me a second to reconfigure it, but yes."

I'm going to say that the computer won't dilute your Intent, but the horse probably will

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Well, yep. That was pretty much what happened. 

Reserved? I can see that. He researches a lot and stuff. But he’s also nice. And he fought Karden. So yeah. 

Haly realized that they just might get out of here. They just might be able to find that tower and complete the quest! This was exciting!

He used to hate school, actually. I wonder why he became a scholar.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn rolled her eyes.

"Winged Kuriboh."

A small fuzzy creature appeared.

"This one won't try to kill you."

Hide contents

Winged Kuriboh Card Profile : Official Yu-Gi-Oh! Site

“THANK YOU WYNN! You’re the BEST.” She cuddled the Kuroboh, Losing the cat marshmallow. “Thank you so much.”

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

He used to hate school, actually. I wonder why he became a scholar.

I guess because the world is way more fun when you learn the things you want to learn. When nobody’s pushing you. 

And then, of course, there’s the things you DONT want to learn. So you make the same painful mistake again and again and again.

Haly cleared her throat. Sorry. Okay, back to the subject at hand. 

I guess because the world is way more fun when you learn the things you want to learn. When nobody’s pushing you. 

And then, of course, there’s the things you DONT want to learn. So you make the same painful mistake again and again and again.

Haly cleared her throat. Sorry. Okay, back to the subject at hand. 

TAAron provided a reason for his pursuits, actually. He said it was to figure out how and why his home was destroyed.

Actually, he said that he wanted to find out why his home was destroyed. Slipped my mind. Im like that.

Oh. And he abandoned it? Why? When I found him, he wasn't researching anything of that sort. It was "The Potential uses of Investiture-Dense Materials on Arealmatic Subjects, Chapter Two: Lerasium." Wait. Isn't that the thing he gave you a bead of?

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Oh. And he abandoned it? Why? When I found him, he wasn't researching anything of that sort. It was "The Potential uses of Investiture-Dense Materials on Arealmatic Subjects, Chapter Two: Lerasium." Wait. Isn't that the thing he gave you a bead of?

Yeah. That’s… hmm. I hope he’s okay…she cast a concerned glance at him. Maybe it was the guy in the room? Maybe he made TAAron forget?

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless finished his contraption, then grabbed the Kuroboh from Haly and shoved it into his machine. "Ready for the test?"

“Oh yeah! Let’s do it!” Haly crouches by the creature for a moment and ruffled its fur. “It was nice knowing you.”