Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

48 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Well, I don't know if he created them, but he certainly wrote about them. Anyways, I think Intent plays some kind of role in your barrier's destructive capabilities."

"That's interesting. Perhaps he's scholar type."

This is a fine time. Nameless already pretty much figured it out.

It was. Nothing that can be done now, though.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Sure. But if we're gonna kill it, you probably shouldn't get too attached. Also, keep it away from scissors."

The mouse sat contentedly, taking in its surroundings with the apathy of a stuffed animal. Occasionally, it nibbled on its donut. 

“YAYYYY!” Haly petted it, then picked it up and gave it a gentle cuddle.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

It was. Nothing that can be done now, though.

Tors, maybe you should hold a fluffy mouse. It helps.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Sure. But if we're gonna kill it, you probably shouldn't get too attached. Also, keep it away from scissors."

The mouse sat contentedly, taking in its surroundings with the apathy of a stuffed animal. Occasionally, it nibbled on its donut. 

"If the experiment goes right, it'll be fine."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I prefer to think of him as the best writer in the multiverse, but I suppose some research is required for that role."

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

"Careful. If it scratches you, even on accident, you'll be unconscious for at least an hour.

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"If the experiment goes right, it'll be fine."

"Well, I'm just gonna dismiss it when we're done anyway. The thing seems cute until it finds a pair of scissors. Or shears."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Careful. If it scratches you, even on accident, you'll be unconscious for at least an hour.

"Well, I'm just gonna dismiss it when we're done anyway. The thing seems cute until it finds a pair of scissors. Or shears."

“Aww, he would never do anything bad.” Haly gently stroked the top of its head. “But I’ll be careful in case.”

Just now, Nameless said:

"That's fine with me." Nameless glanced at Haly. "She might have a problem with it though."

“Nah. I’ll survive.” Haly cuddled it again.

Just now, Nameless said:

"That's fine with me." Nameless glanced at Haly. "She might have a problem with it though."

"If she wants a pet, I can summon something less dangerous. I only picked a Fluffal because they're really durable. Almost as durable as a sentient being."

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"If she wants a pet, I can summon something less dangerous. I only picked a Fluffal because they're really durable. Almost as durable as a sentient being."

"Durability won't really matter." Nameless made a circular gesture, opening a gateway to the barrier. "Come on, let's get started."

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

"Durability won't really matter." Nameless made a circular gesture, opening a gateway to the barrier. "Come on, let's get started."

Wynn grabbed the mouse from Haly and tossed it to Nameless.

"I don't know what to do. You hold the thing."

1 hour ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Tors, maybe you should hold a fluffy mouse. It helps.

I can't hold anything.

1 hour ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She’s not wrong. He is kinda cute.

Haly redded slightly at the thought, barely perceptibly, then turned her attention to a jade vase.

Just saw this. I'm going to assume that that was detectable by Tors, because even if the words weren't the feeling would be. Just let me know if the words should have been.

And what was that just now about TAAron?

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

I can't hold anything.

Wynn noticed Haly staring into space again. She's connected to Tors, and Tors is connected to TAAron. What am I even doing here? These guys don't need me. If only Ranryu hadn't been so stupid... Ranryu? The card? No... a person. Stay focused, Wynn. Help fix his soul. Keep those stormin' card spirits in the spirit realm where they belong. Don't let them distract you from the problem at hand.

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn noticed Haly staring into space again. She's connected to Tors, and Tors is connected to TAAron. What am I even doing here? These guys don't need me. If only Ranryu hadn't been so stupid... Ranryu? The card? No... a person. Stay focused, Wynn. Help fix his soul. Keep those stormin' card spirits in the spirit realm where they belong. Don't let them distract you from the problem at hand.

"Wynn, is everything okay? You seem... frustrated, maybe?" TAAron had been standing mostly silent by the side until then.

If you didn't know, TAAron's soul damage, while being generally detrimental, has granted him a passive ability of being more aware of emotions in the people around him. He doesn't always know how to use them or understand them, but he has a sense.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Wynn, is everything okay? You seem... frustrated, maybe?" TAAron had been standing mostly silent by the side until then.

"TAAron, never impale yourself." Wynn poked him. "I don't care how fun it sounds... just don't. It makes things ever so complicated for the rest of us."

Hmm. Where'd that come from?

"So, what's up with the mouse?"

Gotta go. See you guys ;)

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"TAAron, never impale yourself." Wynn poked him. "I don't care how fun it sounds... just don't. It makes things ever so complicated for the rest of us."

Hmm. Where'd that come from?

"So, what's up with the mouse?"

"Impale? I don't think I've ever... did I impale myself before?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

No reason, I suppose.

Tors paused, as though thinking.

I never asked. How did you meet TAAron? How did you two become friends?

Oh, he was having an allergic reaction. He thought he was hallucinating because my hand was a platypus. The recollection made Haly smile. Then we did some sparring. 

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Oh, he was having an allergic reaction. He thought he was hallucinating because my hand was a platypus. The recollection made Haly smile. Then we did some sparring. 

You sparred with him immediately after he had an allergic reaction? I imagine he didn't put up much of a fight. You have abilities, he's pretty much normal.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

You sparred with him immediately after he had an allergic reaction? I imagine he didn't put up much of a fight. You have abilities, he's pretty much normal.

No, he was better then. And burning those metals. He won, actually. My popcorn butter didn’t do much good. She smiled again.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

No, he was better then. And burning those metals. He won, actually. My popcorn butter didn’t do much good. She smiled again.

Burning metals? Does that have anything to do with the spike in his stomach?

I don't know if Haly knows about the spike... probably not.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted