Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

2 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

3 hours ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Haly, what're you staring at? Is it a card spirit? Those things are fun." 

Wynn shooed away the card spirits (which no one else could see). 

"Well, fun until they get annoyingly over-protective." She amended. "Kind of like that Mell lady, I'd bet." 

"No, it's the trident. I can see it too."

See her. My name is Tors.

"See her, I mean," TAAron corrected.

“Yep. Tors is great.”

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

"The Brandon Sanderson kind, of course."

“I’m just gonna pretend I know what thAt is and assume you guys have this under control.”

14 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Brandon Sanderson? He's a fantasy author. Makes a lot of magic systems."

"He's an author? How can an author make a real magic system?"

7 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly shrugged. “Dunno. I think she’s his guardian or something.”

You could say that. I was passed on to him after Tristan...

The anguish in her voice was evident.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

You could say that. I was passed on to him after Tristan...

The anguish in her voice was evident.

What happened to Tristan? Do you mind… never mind. It probably hurts too much. I’m sorry for your loss, Tors.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Well, I don't know if he created them, but he certainly wrote about them. Anyways, I think Intent plays some kind of role in your barrier's destructive capabilities."

15 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Well, I don't know if he created them, but he certainly wrote about them. Anyways, I think Intent plays some kind of role in your barrier's destructive capabilities."

“Hmmm…” Haly thought for a moment. “TAAron fell through—unintentionally. Right?”

Is this a good time for this epiphany? 

13 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

What happened to Tristan? Do you mind… never mind. It probably hurts too much. I’m sorry for your loss, Tors.

There was a long pause.

When my home dimension collapsed, it wasn't destroyed. Not truly, anyways. It happened very quickly. It got cut off, spatially, temporally, dimensionally. One bit at a time. Even the magic that bomnded me to Tristan was cut. He and everything else became totally detached, and thus became nothing at all. I am unique in my ability to survive such an occurrence. I don't yet know how TAAron did. Tristan... did not.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

There was a long pause.

When my home dimension collapsed, it wasn't destroyed. Not truly, anyways. It happened very quickly. It got cut off, spatially, temporally, dimensionally. One bit at a time. Even the magic that bomnded me to Tristan was cut. He and everything else became totally detached, and thus became nothing at all. I am unique in my ability to survive such an occurrence. I don't yet know how TAAron did. Tristan... did not.

Pain stabbed Haly—Tors’ pain. A familiar pain. I’m so sorry, Tors. That must have been terrible.

Just now, Nameless said:

"Indeed. And he survived."

“That probably means something.”

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

"I do not believe so. I've analyzed the barrier, and I think it was due to his lack of Intent. He fell in by accident."

“Cool! Now all we have to do is… go in… by accident.” Excitement over finding the solution faded. It was impossible. She sighed, dropping into a chair.

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"I do not believe so. I've analyzed the barrier, and I think it was due to his lack of Intent. He fell in by accident."

"Huh. He kind of gives me Chosen One vibes. Mythical injury, magic talking weapon, connection to dead card spirits. Plus he totally has that kind of face."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Huh. He kind of gives me Chosen One vibes. Mythical injury, magic talking weapon, connection to dead card spirits. Plus he totally has that kind of face."

She’s not wrong. He is kinda cute.

Haly redded slightly at the thought, barely perceptibly, then turned her attention to a jade vase.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"That's true, I suppose. But I can assure you, TAAron's not the Chosen One. I'm the main character here."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Cool! Now all we have to do is… go in… by accident.” Excitement over finding the solution faded. It was impossible. She sighed, dropping into a chair.

"Don't worry, I've devised a test." Nameless turned to the king. "Does this land have any small animals? Perhaps mice or rats?" @Ookla the Inverted

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She’s not wrong. He is kinda cute.

Haly redded slightly at the thought, barely perceptibly, then turned her attention to a jade vase.

Wynn noticed this slight blush and filed it away for future reference. Ruining what seemed like an amazing budding friendship over a boy was not optimal.

"Um... I can summon some rodents. If you'd like."

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn noticed this slight blush and filed it away for future reference. Ruining what seemed like an amazing budding friendship over a boy was not optimal.

"Um... I can summon some rodents. If you'd like."

“Yeah, that would work!”

Spoiler

Well, that happened. XD Remind me exactly how, please?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Okay."

"I summon Fluffal Mouse!" Wynn said in a dramatic tone, placing a card on her duel disk's board. 

A fat teal mouse the size of a tennis ball appeared. It was holding a tiny donut. 

Hide contents

Fluffal Mouse alternativ Render by Alex-the-Retrogamer on DeviantArt no wings

“AWWWWWWWW”

”CAN I PET IT?”