Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly came back from wherever she’d been. Her eyes widened and she quickened her pace to almost a run. “What happened?” She asked Wynn. “Is TAAron okay? And Nameless and you?”

"Who are you?" Lerac asked. "I'm being told that I had my body controlled and tried to kill everyone. I'm not sure I believe it, though."

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Usually is, yeah. What's your relationship with him? Where do you all come from, anyway?"

“We’re all from the Insanity Clinic. His soul got damaged by Malum, so we’re trying to fix it. It’s… not going so well.” She examines him with concern, looking for any signs of harm.

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“We’re all from the Insanity Clinic. His soul got damaged by Malum, so we’re trying to fix it. It’s… not going so well.” She examines him with concern, looking for any signs of harm.

"What, you have a thing for him or something?"

Flash characterization: Lerac is the honest type.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"What, you have a thing for him or something?"

Haly went very, very red. “Um. I don’t know. We’re friends. Really good friends—I think. I’m just… I’m just worried. For a friend.” She willed her face not to spontaneously combust. She didn’t have a lot of faith in a possible favorable outcome.

Haly went very, very red. “Um. I don’t know. We’re friends. Really good friends—I think. I’m just… I’m just worried. For a friend.” She willed her face not to spontaneously combust. She didn’t have a lot of faith in a possible favorable outcome.

"So you do. About how about him, he feel the same?" He offered a flower stem of the same type he had be eating. "Want some? It's good."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"So you do. About how about him, he feel the same?" He offered a flower stem of the same type he had be eating. "Want some? It's good."

Haly attempted to hide behind her hair. “I don’t know,” she mumbled, taking a stem. “How do you measure that?”

Haly attempted to hide behind her hair. “I don’t know,” she mumbled, taking a stem. “How do you measure that?”

Lerac laughed. "Me? I would just ask him. I guess you can't do that right now. I would try to wake him up for you, but I'm tired out from healing the other guy. Has he said anything?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac laughed. "Me? I would just ask him. I guess you can't do that right now. I would try to wake him up for you, but I'm tired out from healing the other guy. Has he said anything?"

“Ask him?!?! No. Never, no thank you, no. Friends is fine. And… no, he’s never said anything. So yeah.” She rubbed a few grains of dirt between her fingers.

I rly need sleep so… see you! Maybe be back tomorrow night if I’m really lucky!

Edited by Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

4 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Ask him?!?! No. Never, no thank you, no. Friends is fine. And… no, he’s never said anything. So yeah.” She rubbed a few grains of dirt between her fingers.

"Nothing at all? I don't mean directly, but he's never said anything that shows he cares about you? More than the normal amount, maybe?"

See you. I'll have time to think about how I can make the conversation as awkward as possible :ph34r:

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

9 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

9 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Nothing at all? I don't mean directly, but he's never said anything that shows he cares about you? More than the normal amount, maybe?"

Wynn listened in amusement for a minute, then realized that nothing good would come from this conversation.

"I hate to interrupt, but I think we have more important things to do than discuss Haly's love interests. Like fixing TAAron's soul, maybe?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

“I made a gateway.”

"That makes perfect sense. Thanks for explaining in detail." Wynn rolled her eyes.

Nameless sighed. “Fine. I can tell you in detail, if you want. It’s a bit of a long story.”

Wynn looked at Haly and Lerac, who were still having their awkward conversation.

"I think we have time."

26 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn looked at Haly and Lerac, who were still having their awkward conversation.

"I think we have time."

"All right. Well, I guess my story starts when I first learned that I could use the power. You're familiar with the taint on saidin and the madness that resulted from using it?"

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"All right. Well, I guess my story starts when I first learned that I could use the power. You're familiar with the taint on saidin and the madness that resulted from using it?"

"Yep. I read the first few books a while ago."

"Ah. Well, just so you know, my story does have some spoilers for those books, so, you know, fair warning."

"Nah, don't worry about it. I kind of got bored of the series after a while, and we're probably gonna die on this adventure, so it's unlikely I'll ever get around to reading them again." 

Wynn sat crossed legged on the ground.

"You gonna tell or not?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Nah, don't worry about it. I kind of got bored of the series after a while, and we're probably gonna die on this adventure, so it's unlikely I'll ever get around to reading them again." 

Wynn sat crossed legged on the ground.

"You gonna tell or not?"

"Okay. if you're certain, I'll continue." Nameless sat down in front of Wynn, drawing in saidin and summoning a small flame above his palm. "I was born after the events of the series. The taint was cleansed, the Dark One defeated. I went to the Black Tower to train, which was a much nicer place by that time, and at first things went well. It turned out I had a talent for gateways, although my talent for them seemed... different. There was another man in the tower with a talent for making gateways, and even though should have been too weak in the Power to make them, he could make them larger than all but the most powerful Asha'man, and faster than any channeler I've ever met. I shared that speed, but not his ability to make gateways larger than his ability in the Power should have allowed. At the time, I figured that my talent was just different from his. My training proceeded well, and for a while I was content to ignore that difference. Eventually, after I became a full Asha'man, I started to wonder. I couldn't make abnormally large gateways, but I realized that I could travel to places I knew well from anywhere, even if I didn't know the area. Something that's supposed to be impossible. Every channeler I've met besides myself has to know an area well before they can travel from it, no matter what their location was. Anyways, I figured out that I can make gateways that go further than other people. I can make gateways into space, between planets. I even figured out how to travel into the World of Dreams with a gateway without anyone else's help. In the end, it was my own stupidity that got the best of me. I wanted to see if I could make a gateway outside of the Pattern, so I grabbed an angreal, went to a place I knew really well, and tried it. To my own misfortune, I managed to make a gateway to the void between worlds. I went through it and got lost in the nothingness for a while before eventually coming out on Earth." Nameless paused, thinking. "Yeah, I think that's about it."

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Okay. if you're certain, I'll continue." Nameless sat down in front of Wynn, drawing in saidin and summoning a small flame above his palm. "I was born after the events of the series. The taint was cleansed, the Dark One defeated. I went to the Black Tower to train, which was a much nicer place by that time, and at first things went well. It turned out I had a talent for gateways, although my talent for them seemed... different. There was another man in the tower with a talent for making gateways, and even though should have been too weak in the Power to make them, he could make them larger than all but the most powerful Asha'man, and faster than any channeler I've ever met. I shared that speed, but not his ability to make gateways larger than his ability in the Power should have allowed. At the time, I figured that my talent was just different from his. My training proceeded well, and for a while I was content to ignore that difference. Eventually, after I became a full Asha'man, I started to wonder. I couldn't make abnormally large gateways, but I realized that I could travel to places I knew well from anywhere, even if I didn't know the area. Something that's supposed to be impossible. Every channeler I've met besides myself has to know an area well before they can travel from it, no matter what their location was. Anyways, I figured out that I can make gateways that go further than other people. I can make gateways into space, between planets. I even figured out how to travel into the World of Dreams with a gateway without anyone else's help. In the end, it was my own stupidity that got the best of me. I wanted to see if I could make a gateway outside of the Pattern, so I grabbed an angreal, went to a place I knew really well, and tried it. To my own misfortune, I managed to make a gateway to the void between worlds. I went through it and got lost in the nothingness for a while before eventually coming out on Earth." Nameless paused, thinking. "Yeah, I think that's about it."

"What an interesting story!" Lerac, unknown to the pair, had begun listening in. "So, is your special ability what led you to believe that you are the 'protagonist?'"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"What an interesting story!" Lerac, unknown to the pair, had begun listening in. "So, is your special ability what led you to believe that you are the 'protagonist?'"

"What? No, that's just because I managed to escape the clinic."