Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Uh..."

Dang it. Nurse Joy must've gone back to her own dimension.

"You sure you're okay? I think being stabbed qualifies as 'not fine'. Oh wait. You can heal. Never mind."

"Nope. Healing only works on other people."

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Yep. Time is 100% not moving inside that block of ice. It won't melt, either.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Nope. Healing only works on other people."

"Great." Wynn said sarcastically. "Do you need bandages? Nurse Joy left her bag here."

These boys are gonna be the death of me.

"Great." Wynn said sarcastically. "Do you need bandages? Nurse Joy left her bag here."

These boys are gonna be the death of me.

"No. unfreeze that guy. I get the feeling that he might know how to use those artifacts better than the god that was controlling him. Maybe one of them can help us."

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"No. unfreeze that guy. I get the feeling that he might know how to use those artifacts better than the god that was controlling him. Maybe one of them can help us."

"Okay. Be ready to heal him immediately."

"I end my turn!" Wynn announced, pressing a button on her duel disk. The ice dissapeared. 

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"I end my turn!" Wynn announced, pressing a button on her duel disk. The ice dissapeared. 

The man gasped softly. Then, he began convulsing, obviously in horrible pain. His eyes were wide as he apparently struggled to breath.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Nameless grabbed the man, drawing in as much of the power as he dared and pressing healing weaves into him. Upon finishing, he promptly collapsed, unconscious and bleeding.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless grabbed the man, drawing in as much of the power as he dared and pressing healing weaves into him. Upon finishing, he promptly collapsed, unconscious and bleeding.

How much do you think that would heal him?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

I'd say it'll heal him enough to remain conscious and not die. He'll be exhausted, but able to move and talk. Nameless is really banking on Sicarius having some kind of healing artifact, because he is going to need some pretty serious medical attention in the near future.

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Wynn looked at Nameless. Then she looked at TAAron. 

Now I'm the only conscious person. Great.

She turned to the newly healed man.

"Tell me you have some kind of healing magic."

Wynn looked at Nameless. Then she looked at TAAron. 

Now I'm the only conscious person. Great.

She turned to the newly healed man.

"Tell me you have some kind of healing magic."

The man's breathing became less desperate, and he seemed to calm down. "What... what happened?" His voice was the same, but softer and with a far less confident tone.

The man's breathing became less desperate, and he seemed to calm down. "What... what happened?" His voice was the same, but softer and with a far less confident tone.

"You got possessed or something. Now you better heal the guy you stabbed, or else maybe I'll decide you're not worth keeping alive."

Better get another Time Freeze ready, just in case... Maybe an Aromage too.

"You got possessed or something. Now you better heal the guy you stabbed, or else maybe I'll decide you're not worth keeping alive."

Better get another Time Freeze ready, just in case... Maybe an Aromage too.

"Heal..." He closed his eyes for a moment. Suddenly, all around him, grass and flowers began springing up, appearing on barren dirt and peeking through pavement. His breath became regular, and he seemed relaxed. "Yes, I think I can do that."

He stood up shakily, and walked over to Nameless, placing his hand on the man's forehead. He shuddered. For a tense minute, it looked like nothing was happening. Then, Nameless' shoulder began healing, new flesh forming to replace what the fencepost had torn.

Nameless can wake up now.

@Ookla the Untitled

"Heal..." He closed his eyes for a moment. Suddenly, all around him, grass and flowers began springing up, appearing on barren dirt and peeking through pavement. His breath became regular, and he seemed relaxed. "Yes, I think I can do that."

He stood up shakily, and walked over to Nameless, placing his hand on the man's forehead. He shuddered. For a tense minute, it looked like nothing was happening. Then, Nameless' shoulder began healing, new flesh forming to replace what the fencepost had torn.

@Ookla the Untitled

Nameless' eyes snapped open, focusing on the stranger. "Ah. Good. I'm still the protagonist."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Wynn let herself relax. The man didn't seem threatening any more.

"Thanks. Uh... Sorry for threatening to kill you. So who are you actually?"

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless' eyes snapped open, focusing on the stranger. "Ah. Good. I'm still the protagonist."

"Umm... break the fourth wall much? Or do you have a concussion again?"

Wynn let herself relax. The man didn't seem threatening any more.

"Thanks. Uh... Sorry for threatening to kill you. So who are you actually?"

The man looked distrustful. "Why... do you want to know?"

"Fourth wall?" Nameless chuckled. "Don't you know that books are real life? The Stormlight Archives, Mistborn, Wheel of Time, they're all stories about people that actually exist, out there in the multiverse. We're going to one of them."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

The man looked distrustful. "Why... do you want to know?"

"Dude, you just tried to kill us. I think we have a right."

"Fourth wall?" Nameless chuckled. "Don't you know that books are real life? The Stormlight Archives, Mistborn, Wheel of Time, they're all stories about people that actually exist, out there in the multiverse. We're going to one of them."

"Cool, but you never know. Maybe everything we know is just a book written by some random guy from Minnesota. Hopefully we're a best seller." Wynn paused for a second. "Wait. We're going where?"

"Dude, you just tried to kill us. I think we have a right."

"Cool, but you never know. Maybe everything we know is just a book written by some random guy from Minnesota. Hopefully we're a best seller." Wynn paused for a second. "Wait. We're going where?"

"I do not think that I tried to kill you. I was just minding my own business, gathering flowers for my shop, and then the ground started shaking and... well, I don't remember. Anyway, I distinctly remember him trying to kill me." He indicated Nameless.

"I do not think that I tried to kill you. I was just minding my own business, gathering flowers for my shop, and then the ground started shaking and... well, I don't remember. Anyway, I distinctly remember him trying to kill me." He indicated Nameless.

"And how do you think he got so beat up? Maybe you weren't trying to kill us, but someone controlling your body was. It would be nice to at least know where you're from or how you got here so we can better prepare for things like this in the future."

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"And how do you think he got so beat up? Maybe you weren't trying to kill us, but someone controlling your body was. It would be nice to at least know where you're from or how you got here so we can better prepare for things like this in the future."

"Controlling my body? You're talking about myths and legends here." He tore a flower up that had just grown and bit the stem. He offered her a different plant of the same type. "Want to try?"

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

“Wheel of Time? Written by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson? I’m from that universe.”

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Controlling my body? You're talking about myths and legends here." He tore a flower up that had just grown and bit the stem. He offered her a different plant of the same type. "Want to try?"

Uhh... It looks edible enough.

"Thanks." Wynn accepted the plant.

"How are you making plants grow? Nothing can survive in the End of Time's soil, as far as I know. You didn't even plant any seeds. Actually, that seems a lot more complicated than being possessed. And is your name actually Sicarius?"

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

“Wheel of Time? Written by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson? I’m from that universe.”

"I kind of guessed from the whole "One Power" thing. How'd you end up in the clinic in the first place?"

Edited by Ookla the Obstinate

43 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Uhh... It looks edible enough.

"Thanks." Wynn accepted the plant.

"How are you making plants grow? Nothing can survive in the End of Time's soil, as far as I know. You didn't even plant any seeds. Actually, that seems a lot more complicated than being possessed. And is your name actually Sicarius?"

"I kind of guessed from the whole "One Power" thing. How'd you end up in the clinic in the first place?"

The plant was incredibly sour.

"Life magic. And no, I don't know where you got that name from. My name is Lerac."

Haly came back from wherever she’d been. Her eyes widened and she quickened her pace to almost a run. “What happened?” She asked Wynn. “Is TAAron okay? And Nameless and you?”

Sorry I’m staying rly late at school to get ready for a play… like really late

I think I’m gonna leave Haly out of important stuff for now and all that, and just get on when I can