Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 hour ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless tried to dodge out of the way of the post, but it was moving too fast and hit him in the shoulder. The sharp pain broke through the void, and Nameless' hold on saidin shattered as he fell to his knees, eyes watering in pain. Wynn, Haly, I hope one of you has a few tricks up your sleeve.

@Ookla the Obstinate @Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

It took Wynn a second to process what was going on. 

Idiot. You're wasting valuable time.

"I summon Cyber Dragon! Attack!"

As her dragon attacked, Wynn dragged TAAron away from the fight. 

"Mirror Force!" An iridescent bubble appeared around TAAron. She turned to Sicarius. "Assassin, you're gonna regret that!"

38 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

It took Wynn a second to process what was going on. 

Idiot. You're wasting valuable time.

"I summon Cyber Dragon! Attack!"

As her dragon attacked, Wynn dragged TAAron away from the fight. 

"Mirror Force!" An iridescent bubble appeared around TAAron. She turned to Sicarius. "Assassin, you're gonna regret that!"

What does Cyber Dragon do, exactly?

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Actually, it might be for him. He isn't able to use his full power for a few reasons. Also, in case it wasn't obvious, Sicarius is Malum, just in a new body.

Sicarius snapped his fingers, and the ground beneath the snake tremored. Contracting and dilating space around him, he quickly positioned himself beside the snake, and plunged his shard into it's body. It didn't go in very far, but it cut easily, slicing a gash into its side.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Sicarius snapped his fingers, and the ground beneath the snake tremored. Contracting and dilating space around him, he quickly positioned himself beside the snake, and plunged his shard into it's body. It didn't go in very far, but it cut easily, slicing a gash into its side.

Cyber Dragon, being a robot, began sparking but was otherwise undamaged. It reared up and let out a mechanical roar.

Spoiler

Cyber Dragon:

Card Artworks:Cyber Dragon | Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki | Fandom

"You good?" Wynn asked Nameless.

@Ookla the Untitled

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Cyber Dragon, being a robot, began sparking but was otherwise undamaged. It reared up and let out a mechanical roar.

Reveal hidden contents

Cyber Dragon:

Card Artworks:Cyber Dragon | Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki | Fandom

"You good?" Wynn asked Nameless.

@Ookla the Untitled

Contracting space vertically, Sicarion lept up and landed atop the dragon's head. He plunged his blade deep into the skull, twisting it so as to cause as much damage as possible.

24 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless forced himself to stand. "Yeah." 

Sicarius leaped down from the snake's head, hitting the ground with a terrible impact. This time, he remained on the ground.

Then, he began laughing.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Sicarius leaped down from the snake's head, hitting the ground with a terrible impact. This time, he remained on the ground.

Then, he began laughing.

That's never a good sign.

"So, you're some kind of god? What do you want with TAAron? You already destroyed his universe. Why do you want to kill him too?"

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

That's never a good sign.

"So, you're some kind of god? What do you want with TAAron? You already destroyed his universe. Why do you want to kill him too?"

"Ah, my friend. That's who I am. And, you know, the more you keep holding me off, the weaker you'll get. But I won't get weaker. I'll just get annoyed. Soon, I'll stop toying with you and just get it over with."

20 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Ah, my friend. That's who I am. And, you know, the more you keep holding me off, the weaker you'll get. But I won't get weaker. I'll just get annoyed. Soon, I'll stop toying with you and just get it over with."

"Oh please. You think I'm getting weaker? I'm just getting started." Nameless reached out and grabbed Tors.

"Oh please. You think I'm getting weaker? I'm just getting started." Nameless reached out and grabbed Tors.

Finally!

Tors hummed in his hand.

Now go over to him so I can hit him!

She sounded eager. After all, this was her purpose.

Sicarius' eyes widened in surprise for the briefest of moments. "I guess I'd better go." Wisps of darkness began exiting the crippled body, slowly forming a dark mass.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Finally!

Tors hummed in his hand.

Sicarius' eyes widened in surprise for the briefest of moments. "I guess I'd better go." Wisps of darkness began exiting the crippled body, slowly forming a dark mass.

Nameless drew in saidin again and stabbed Tors forward, pulling a trick from Sicarius' book and opening a gateway to bridge the distance between them.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Finally!

Tors hummed in his hand.

Thanks, Cyber Dragon, Wynn said to the monster spirit as she released it.

Nameless seemed to have things more or less under control, so she turned to TAAron to make sure he was alright.

Edited by Ookla the Obstinate

Nameless drew in saidin again and stabbed Tors forward, pulling a trick from Sicarius' book and opening a gateway to bridge the distance between them.

Tors guided his aim, striking the man in the chest. There was an unearthly scream, and the black mass that had formed pulsed. "GOODBYE, HERO. UNTIL NEXT TIME," emanated the voice from the black mass. Unlike at any point before, there was the slightest hint of fear in it. The final wisps of darkness exited the body. Tors pulled herself out of the man's chest, free of any blood.

Oddly, despite Malum having apparently retreated, the man coughed weakly, and raspy breaths were still coming from his lungs.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Thanks, Cyber Dragon, Wynn said to its spirit as she released it.

Nameless seemed to have things more or less under control, so she turned to TAAron to make sure he was alright.

TAAron is unharmed physically, but still unconscious and not in very good shape.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Tors guided his aim, striking the man in the chest. There was an unearthly scream, and the black mass that had formed pulsed. "GOODBYE, HERO. UNTIL NEXT TIME," emanated the voice from the black mass. Unlike at any point before, there was the slightest hint of fear in it. The final wisps of darkness exited the body. Tors pulled herself out of the man's chest, free of any blood.

Oddly, despite Malum having apparently retreated, the man coughed weakly, and raspy breaths were still coming from his lungs.

Nameless immediately dropped to his knees, the power fleeing him as he gasped in pain. "Th-thanks, Tors. I don't think I could've beaten him without your help."

Wynn ran over.

"Quick, Nameless, do you think you can heal him?"

Nameless looked up, wincing. "Does he need healing immediately, or can it wait a few minutes?"

Nameless immediately dropped to his knees, the power fleeing him as he gasped in pain. "Th-thanks, Tors. I don't think I could've beaten him without your help."

Nameless looked up, wincing. "Does he need healing immediately, or can it wait a few minutes?"

No problem.

The man's eyes became unfocused, bloody splotches forming on his shirt where Tors' prongs had pierced him.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Don't heal him if it kills you, but you just stabbed him in the chest, so he's probably gonna die soon."

"Wait."  Wynn's face lit up with an idea. "Time freeze." The man became encased in ice. "One frozen almost dead guy, with a side of magic."

Wait is he supposed to die

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Don't heal him if it kills you, but you just stabbed him in the chest, so he's probably gonna die soon."

"Wait."  Wynn's face lit up with an idea. "Time freeze." The man became encased in ice. "One frozen almost dead guy, with a side of magic."

He doesn't have to, necessarily. I wasn't sure if you would want to or be able to, but you can.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Yes. The ice is more of a barrier marking where the time freeze zone starts and keeping things from accidentally falling into it.

"I'm just gonna slide this over here." Wynn pushed the block of ice over to TAAron and her duel runner. "Don't wanna let the space demons get ahold of it."

"You okay Nameless? You look kinda tired."

"I'm just gonna slide this over here." Wynn pushed the block of ice over to TAAron and her duel runner. "Don't wanna let the space demons get ahold of it."

"You okay Nameless? You look kinda tired."

"What? Yeah, I'm... fine. Just, ow. Getting stabbed hurts."

"What? Yeah, I'm... fine. Just, ow. Getting stabbed hurts."

"Uh..."

Dang it. Nurse Joy must've gone back to her own dimension.

"You sure you're okay? I think being stabbed qualifies as 'not fine'. Oh wait. You can heal. Never mind."