Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"All right. Great. Thanks for the help. You can leave now."

Sicarius cocked his head. "You seem a bit hostile. I have just as much right to be here as you do. If I may ask, how did your friend get his soul damaged in the first place?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Sicarius cocked his head. "You seem a bit hostile. I have just as much right to be here as you do. If I may ask, how did your friend get his soul damaged in the first place?"

"You may ask. I still don't trust you, and you've given me no reason to do so."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I've given you no reason to distrust me, and you've hardly provided an avenue to your trust."

"Sorry I don't immediately trust the mysterious stranger who randomly found us in this uninhabited dimension. I've read too many books to be that stupid."

"Sorry I don't immediately trust the mysterious stranger who randomly found us in this uninhabited dimension. I've read too many books to be that stupid."

"I guess that's a good instinct to have." He picked up his briefcase, walked a few feet away, and sat down on the floor. It had no latch. Instead, he placed a finger where the latch would be. There was a click, and it opened.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I guess that's a good instinct to have." He picked up his briefcase, walked a few feet away, and sat down on the floor. It had no latch. Instead, he placed a finger where the latch would be. There was a click, and it opened.

Nameless stepped forward, looking inside the briefcase.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless stepped forward, looking inside the briefcase.

Inside, an array of shards of silvery metal were slotted together, forming a perfect circle. It looked something like a sheet of glass that had been struck in the center with a hammer, with a central piece and breaks propagating out from the center, dividing the circle into neatly spaced sections. The edges of each shard were tapered off, forming a jagged, dagger-like blade.

Sicarius picked one up very carefully. "Odd artifacts, these. I can't figure out what they do."

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Inside, an array of shards of silvery metal were slotted together, forming a perfect circle. It looked something like a sheet of glass that had been struck in the center with a hammer, with a central piece and breaks propagating out from the center, dividing the circle into neatly spaced sections. The edges of each shard were tapered off, forming a jagged, dagger-like blade.

Sicarius picked one up very carefully. "Odd artifacts, these. I can't figure out what they do."

"Can they help us in some way?"

"Can they help us in some way?"

"I just said I have no idea what they do. But I might as well find out. Ouch!" He dropped the shard he was holding. It had cut a gash in his hand, which was now bleeding. "I'll have to be careful with those. Maybe they need some sort of magical ability to use properly."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I just said I have no idea what they do. But I might as well find out. Ouch!" He dropped the shard he was holding. It had cut a gash in his hand, which was now bleeding. "I'll have to be careful with those. Maybe they need some sort of magical ability to use properly."

Nameless raised an eyebrow. "You want me to help you figure these things out?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless raised an eyebrow. "You want me to help you figure these things out?"

"If you want to..." Sicarius placed his hand on the piece in the center of the array. He pulled it away quickly as though it had burned him. "Woah. That was weird."

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"I don't really want to, no."

Mehehe.

"Alright." In a swift motion, Sicarius brought up one of the shards and sliced it in the air. Space around him seemed to bend. Nameless grew further away from him, as did Wynn and the Nurse, but TAAron was now positioned next to him. He grasped the wickedly sharp shard, which cut further into his hand. Paying the cut no attention, he went to slice the shard across TAAron's neck.

roll for initiative

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Alright." In a swift motion, Sicarius brought up one of the shards and sliced it in the air. Space around him seemed to bend. Nameless grew further away from him, as did Wynn and the Nurse, but TAAron was now positioned next to him. He grasped the wickedly sharp shard, which cut further into his hand. Paying the cut no attention, he went to slice the shard across TAAron's neck.

Nameless swiftly caught Sicarius' hand with the flows of air he'd positioned around him earlier. "Please. Did you really think I didn't expect a betrayal? I just said I didn't trust you."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless swiftly caught Sicarius' hand with the flows of air he'd positioned around him earlier. "Please. Did you really think I didn't expect a betrayal? I just said I didn't trust you."

"You think me a fool," Sicarius said. "Hardly. I knew you were suspicious, and you would only become more so with time." While deterred from killing TAAron, he was still able to use his weapon for its magical properties. With a swipe of his hand, a random piece of debris appeared with a flash of light in the sky above TAAron and he, and began hurtling down.

"I know you can't use your magic forever! You only just recovered from the last time we met."

23 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"You think me a fool," Sicarius said. "Hardly. I knew you were suspicious, and you would only become more so with time." While deterred from killing TAAron he was still able to use his weapon for its magical properties. With a swipe of his hand, a random piece of debris appeared with a flash of light in the sky above TAAron and he, and began hurtling down.

"I know you can't use your magic forever! You only just recovered from the last time we met."

Nameless cursed, pulling in more saidin, the effort almost breaking his hold over the Power. Head spinning, Nameless opened two gateways, one in between TAAron and Sicarius, the other beneath the falling debris.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless cursed, pulling in more saidin, the effort almost breaking his hold over the Power. Head spinning, Nameless opened two gateways, one in between TAAron and Sicarius, the other beneath the falling debris.

Where do the gateways lead?

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Ah.

The object hit Sicarius like an oncoming train, throwing him backwards and driving him into the ground. Somehow, despite having a wholly broken body, the man stood up. He snapped his fingers, and one of the wrought iron posts from the fence twisted, coming off and flying to his hand. He threw it at Nameless and cut with his shard, shortening the distance between him and the gnarled piece of metal.

typing hard :(

33 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

The object hit Sicarius like an oncoming train, throwing him backwards and driving him into the ground. Somehow, despite having a wholly broken body, the man stood up. He snapped his fingers, and one of the wrought iron posts from the fence twisted, coming off and flying to his hand. He threw it at Nameless and cut with his shard, shortening the distance between him and the gnarled piece of metal.

Nameless tried to dodge out of the way of the post, but it was moving too fast and hit him in the shoulder. The sharp pain broke through the void, and Nameless' hold on saidin shattered as he fell to his knees, eyes watering in pain. Wynn, Haly, I hope one of you has a few tricks up your sleeve.

@Ookla the Obstinate @Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless tried to dodge out of the way of the post, but it was moving too fast and hit him in the shoulder. The sharp pain broke through the void, and Nameless' hold on saidin shattered as he fell to his knees, eyes watering in pain. Wynn, Haly, I hope one of you has a few tricks up your sleeve.

@Ookla the Obstinate @Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

Sicarius stumbled towards the fallen Nameless, wielding the shard.

Grab me.

Tors flew in nearby and stopped to hover beside his arm.

Do it!