Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Tears stung her eyes. “Stop it! Stop talking like that. You’re scaring me.”

"The question is, do I... care about you more than I hate myself?" His grip on her arm was very tight, like he was clinging on lest he get pulled away and lost forever.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"The question is, do I... care about you more than I hate myself?" His grip on her arm was very tight, like he was clinging on lest he get pulled away and lost forever.

She grabbed his arm back. “You shouldn’t hate yourself. You’re a wonderful person. Ask Nameless. Ask Wynn. Ask King Edward. Ask… ask me.”

Gotta sign off… bye!

1 hour ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She grabbed his arm back. “You shouldn’t hate yourself. You’re a wonderful person. Ask Nameless. Ask Wynn. Ask King Edward. Ask… ask me.”

Bye, thanks for engaging in my character's rapid downwards spiral!

"Thank you. Again. But forgive me if I can't agree with your judgement of my character. You are wonderful. Caring, loyal, dedicated. I'm just a scholar who is equally damaged physically, mentally, and spiritually, and who can't keep himself from hurting other people when he loses control. I'm sorry." He shook his arm away. Then, looking into her eyes, he took her hand, squeezed it gently, and then fell to the ground.

Unconscious, again.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

7 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Thank you. Again. But forgive me if I can't agree with your judgement of my character. You are wonderful. Caring, loyal, dedicated. I'm just a scholar who is equally damaged physically, mentally, and spiritually, and who can't keep himself from hurting other people when he loses control. I'm sorry." He shook his arm away. Then, looking into her eyes, he took her hand, squeezed it gently, and then fell to the ground.

Unconscious, again.

Of course he passes out now. Why couldn't he have done that before he threw me thirty feet? Well, I guess I probably asked for it, provoking him like that.

Wynn stood up. Yep. Definitely dislocated.  She turned to Haly and Nameless.

"Should we maybe try to take his metals away so he doesn't hurt himself again? Doesn't burning them make his soul damage worse?"

3 hours ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Of course he passes out now. Why couldn't he have done that before he threw me thirty feet? Well, I guess I probably asked for it, provoking him like that.

Wynn stood up. Yep. Definitely dislocated.  She turned to Haly and Nameless.

"Should we maybe try to take his metals away so he doesn't hurt himself again? Doesn't burning them make his soul damage worse?"

Nameless stood up with the help of Nurse Joy, slowly limping over to TAAron. “That would probably be a good idea, yeah.”

1 hour ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Haly, do you know where TAAron keeps his metal vials?"

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

They're in the bag that's on him at all times. Wynn should be able to find them.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

4 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Wynn's shoulder is dislocated and her other arm isn't in much better condition. She is unable to look for the vials, but doesn't want the others to know that. 

Okay, better get this over with. 

"Nameless, on the count of three, I need you to push my shoulder back into its socket."

@Ookla the Untitled

Wynn will not let Nurse Joy fix her shoulder under any circumstances.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless cocked an eyebrow. "You sure I can't just heal it with saidin?"

Suddenly, Nameless felt a splitting pain in his head dissimilar from the concussion. Tors' voice spoke in his head.

Can you let me in, please? Sorry about the pain.

Suddenly, Nameless felt a splitting pain in his head dissimilar from the concussion. Tors' voice spoke in his head.

Can you let me in, please? Sorry about the pain.

"Um, sure, I guess? Unless you're like an evil spren pretending to be Tors."

The pain ceased.

No, and what is a spren?

The voice was clear and very human-sounding.

"It's basically what you are. Magic entity that is native to another dimension, strong ones can bond with people and transform into a weapon. Has TAAron not told you about them?"

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"It's basically what you are. Magic entity that is native to another dimension, strong ones can bond with people and transform into a weapon. Has TAAron not told you about them?"

He hasn't had much time. It's only been about a day or two since I found him and then we departed on this whole mess. An I didn't turn into a weapon. It's just what I am. I was forged, and I came from the same dimension he did.

He hasn't had much time. It's only been about a day or two since I found him and then we departed on this whole mess. An I didn't turn into a weapon. It's just what I am. I was forged, and I came from the same dimension he did.

"Ah. Well, spren can be like that too."

"Ah. Well, spren can be like that too."

Well, there aren't many spren made out of Stacis crystal, or for the express purpose of killing a god. I would imagine. Is this conversation productive? We have an unconscious boy and a girl with a dislocated shoulder here!

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Well, there aren't many spren made out of Stacis crystal, or for the express purpose of killing a god. I would imagine. Is this conversation productive? We have an unconscious boy and a girl with a dislocated shoulder here!

"You're probably right."

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Um... Are you up to that? What if you accidentally vaporized me or something?"

"Yes I'm sure. Nurse Joy patched me up."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Okay. If I melt, I'm blaming you."

"You'll be fine. If anything, I'll be the one that dies." Before Wynn could protest further, Nameless drew in saidin, placing a hand on her shoulder and forming a healing weave of all five Powers.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"You'll be fine. If anything, I'll be the one that dies." Before Wynn could protest further, Nameless drew in saidin, placing a hand on her shoulder and forming a healing weave of all five Powers.

Alright, great. Now, what do we do about TAAron? He's still out cold.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Dies?" Wynn stared at him. "Fixing a dislocated shoulder is not worth death!"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Alright, great. Now, what do we do about TAAron? He's still out cold.

"I don't know. Nurse Joy is looking at him right now."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Dies?" Wynn stared at him. "Fixing a dislocated shoulder is not worth death!"

"It's very unlikely. I'm nowhere near tired enough to lose control of saidin."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"I don't know. Nurse Joy is looking at him right now."

In that case, how close are you to being ready to make a portal to this tower thing?

Wynn shook her head. Ugh. Boys. If not for Haly, I swear...

She grabbed TAAron's bag. 

"Look, his metals. I'm just going to hold on to these for the time being."