Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn winced. 

"Yikes. I'm glad my amnesia didn't come with any actual injuries. Those marshmallows probably came from Haly though. She has a thing for them, I've noticed. How did your soul get damaged in the first place?"

"Actually, I don't think my amnesia injured me. My understanding is that I had a soul injury already, and that caused my amnesia. So sort of vice versa, I guess."

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn winced. 

"Yikes. I'm glad my amnesia didn't come with any actual injuries. Those marshmallows probably came from Haly though. She has a thing for them, I've noticed. How did your soul get damaged in the first place?"

Haly decided to sort of take over. “He was trapped alone in some white room. That’s how it started. There was some guy.”

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly decided to sort of take over. “He was trapped alone in some white room. That’s how it started. There was some guy.”

"A white room? No one told me this!"

King Edmund looked up from the papers he was working on. "Do you think you all would like to move your conversation to a private lobby downstairs? I can open one up for you."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"A white room? No one told me this!"

King Edmund looked up from the papers he was working on. "Do you think you all would like to move your conversation to a private lobby downstairs? I can open one up for you."

“Um, sure.” Haly looked around to make sure this was satisfactory, then back to TAAron. “Giving you a quick sketch of your biography would take ages. Also, I don’t know where or who you were before you got to the clinic. I do know that you helped fight Karden, and that you know a lot about Allomatic metals (IM SORRY I NEED TO READ MISTBORN SO I CAN SPELL), and that you’re good at fighting. That’s about it.”

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn nodded. 

"Gotta watch out for those random guys who trap people in white rooms. They're never good. So how is this tower thingy supposed to fix your soul?"

"No clue. Ask @Nameless."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Um, sure.” Haly looked around to make sure this was satisfactory, then back to TAAron. “Giving you a quick sketch of your biography would take ages. Also, I don’t know where or who you were before you got to the clinic. I do know that you helped fight Karden, and that you know a lot about Allomatic metals (IM SORRY I NEED TO READ MISTBORN SO I CAN SPELL), and that you’re good at fighting. That’s about it.”

Haly does actually know some about his backstory, I think. He lived in a different dimension that contained a crystal called Stacis. That's where Tors the trident came from. Everyone other than he and Tors was obliterated for an unknown reason, the dimension collapsed. TAAron lost everyone and everything he knew, including his best friend Tristan. If Haly doesn't want to tell TAAron this, that's fine. Just wanted to remind you.

"Interesting."

2 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"No clue. Ask @Nameless."

"Interesting."

Oh yeah…

“Oh, and you came from some crystal place, and you have a companion trident named Tors. She’s nice.”

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Who's Nameless?" Wynn asked. 

"Haly, can I have a marshmallow?"

“Nameless is a friend of ours. He’s cool.” Haly pulls a dragon marshmallow out of thin air and hands it to Wynn “Sure! Any more?”

4 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Nameless is a friend of ours. He’s cool.” Haly pulls a dragon marshmallow out of thin air and hands it to Wynn “Sure! Any more?”

Dragon marshmallows! I must be dreaming! Wynn stuffed her face with the mythical treats.

"What's this about a trident?" She asked through a full mouth.

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“She talks to TAAron’s mind. And mine. She’s awesome.”

"Woah. That's cool. I don't think anyone's ever talked to me with their mind before." Wynn frowned. "Or maybe they have. Who knows?"

So, what is the immediate goal of the characters?

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Oh, and you came from some crystal place, and you have a companion trident named Tors. She’s nice.”

Nameless is in the room.

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Woah. That's cool. I don't think anyone's ever talked to me with their mind before." Wynn frowned. "Or maybe they have. Who knows?"

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Yes. Of course.

“Nameless is right over there.”

2 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Nameless is right over there.”

I'm back. How is everyone? What is this place?

Tors spoke in Haly's mind. Appearing in the corner of the room but only visible to her and TAAron.

Did you know that there's a sword at the top of this tower? It's the most powerful single object I think I've eve seen!

11 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

I'm back. How is everyone? What is this place?

Tors spoke in Haly's mind. Appearing in the corner of the room but only visible to her and TAAron.

Did you know that there's a sword at the top of this tower? It's the most powerful single object I think I've eve seen!

Haly grinned. Hi, Tors! It’s so great to see you! We’re in the king’s tower, and I’m pretty sure we’re all pretty okay. Yeah, we were aware of the sword. Do you know a lot about it?

Haly turned to Wynn. “Tors is here! She’s only visible to us, but she’s here.”

4 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly grinned. Hi, Tors! It’s so great to see you! We’re in the king’s tower, and I’m pretty sure we’re all pretty okay. Yeah, we were aware of the sword. Do you know a lot about it?

Haly turned to Wynn. “Tors is here! She’s only visible to us, but she’s here.”

I know as little about this place as you do, probably. Who is the king here, anyways? A good man? And who is this new friend of yours?

50 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

I know as little about this place as you do, probably. Who is the king here, anyways? A good man? And who is this new friend of yours?

His name is Edmund. He’s like the hero of this world, and he seems pretty nice. And this is my new friend Wynn! She’s awesome!

On 11/24/2022 at 0:38 AM, Ookla the Inverted said:

22 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Dunno. I might have forgotten about that. I’ll ask Nameless.

"Haly, what're you staring at? Is it a card spirit? Those things are fun." 

Wynn shooed away the card spirits (which no one else could see). 

"Well, fun until they get annoyingly over-protective." She amended. "Kind of like that Mell lady, I'd bet." 

Edited by Ookla the Obstinate

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Haly, who're you talking to? Is it a card spirit? Those things are fun." 

"Well, fun until they get annoyingly over-protective." She amended. "Kind of like that Mell lady, I'd bet." 

Haly is communicating with Tors in her mind, so unless Wynn can hear thoughts...

26 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Haly, what're you staring at? Is it a card spirit? Those things are fun." 

"No, it's the trident. I can see it too."

See her. My name is Tors.

"See her, I mean," TAAron corrected.

13 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Not really. Unless you have some way to act without Intent."

"Intent. That word sounds familiar, more than it should. Are you just talking about the normal word 'intent,' or is there more to it?"