Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

It wasn't really a place. There was nothing physical about it. Sort of like... interdimensional space. Exactly like that. But it wouldn't make sense for Tristan to be in that dream. And if he is alive, the  why doesn't he know what happened to him after our home was destroyed? It just can't be true. That would mean everything and everyone is somehow still out there, like the boys' families, the city... and Malum.

Who’s Malum?

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Who’s Malum?

One of two... I suppose you would call them gods. He was the bad one, so to speak. He killed his counterpart, Bonum, before destroying the world. If he had survived his own destruction, we would probably already be dead. Or he'd be trying very hard to make that happen.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

One of two... I suppose you would call them gods. He was the bad one, so to speak. He killed his counterpart, Bonum, before destroying the world. If he had survived his own destruction, we would probably already be dead. Or he'd be trying very hard to make that happen.

I’m confused. What does this mean?

Hopefully nothing. I don't think there's been any super powerful person with intent on killing us all that we've encountered. How about you?

Um… no. I don’t think so either. Haly looked around at all the people around her. I should maybe wake up now and talk to Nameless. 

Um… no. I don’t think so either. Haly looked around at all the people around her. I should maybe wake up now and talk to Nameless. 

Sure about that?

Alright.

Tors still sounded shaken.

How will you talk to him, exactly?

Um. I don’t know how inter dimensional space works. So… I guess I don’t know. Maybe I should just stay here. The last had a hopeful undertone.

I'll tell you what I was hinting at. The manipulator is Malum. It's fine if that gets discovered when they all talk about their latest encounter with the manipulator. Did you read those posts? It was interesting.

Also, it seems a bit odd to me that she wants to stay, considering the dedication she expressed during the dream. Might just be me, though.

Look, I get that you are interested in whatever this place and these people are. But staying here does nothing at all. Maybe you should at least try.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Look, I get that you are interested in whatever this place and these people are. But staying here does nothing at all. Maybe you should at least try.

Haly bit her lip. Okay.

She thought about the darkness. Wake up. Wake up wake up wake up.

The sea sprayed, and people hustled around her. Wake up. This isn’t real. Gotta wake up.

Tors, I don’t know it I can.

Haly bit her lip. Okay.

She thought about the darkness. Wake up. Wake up wake up wake up.

The sea sprayed, and people hustled around her. Wake up. This isn’t real. Gotta wake up.

Tors, I don’t know it I can.

Like, you don't know if you can physically? Or is this a mental barrier?

I belong here, Tors. This is… this is my home world.

What? Why didn't you say that? Anyways, it's just a dream. You'll have to wake up eventually, won't you?

Tors sounded perplexed.

Why did you leave in the first place? And couldn't you just visit some other time?

What? Why didn't you say that? Anyways, it's just a dream. You'll have to wake up eventually, won't you?

Tors sounded perplexed.

Why did you leave in the first place? And couldn't you just visit some other time?

It’s… complicated. She shook her head. I’ve never actually lived here. It’s just my homeworld. I found it and… Essa said I couldn’t come back. A tear dropped onto her cheek. She said I’m too… magically unstable. That I’d upset the balance.

It’s… complicated. She shook her head. I’ve never actually lived here. It’s just my homeworld. I found it and… Essa said I couldn’t come back. A tear dropped onto her cheek. She said I’m too… magically unstable. That I’d upset the balance.

I'm sorry. That sounds awful. If you want to stay here, I won't stop you. But I imagine this won't last very long.

Got TPK'd in D&D while roleplaying on here. Nice.

I'm sorry. That sounds awful. If you want to stay here, I won't stop you. But I imagine this won't last very long.

Eek

Haly blinked more tears out of her eyes. TAAron needs help. I’ve got to get out of here.

Seri turned. “You all right? You don’t look great.”

“Just peachy,” Haly croaked, then slipped out of the dream. 

Haly blinked more tears out of her eyes. TAAron needs help. I’ve got to get out of here.

Seri turned. “You all right? You don’t look great.”

“Just peachy,” Haly croaked, then slipped out of the dream. 

It's fine. Was a very unbalanced party. Hopefully next time around we'll have a better one and I'll do better at roleplaying.

Anyways, I'm going to assume that Ranryu (the dragon) successfully sent out the signal even though Ranyu (the sharder) probably can't confirm.

@Ookla the Obstinate

Once she entered interdimensional space, Haly experienced an odd sensation, like some sort of energy coming from somewhere. It provided a vague sensation of location.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

@Ookla the Obstinate

Once she entered interdimensional space, Haly experienced an odd sensation, like some sort of energy coming from somewhere. It provided a vague sensation of location.

Tors, there’s something here. She drifted toward it. Do you know what it is?

Tors, there’s something here. She drifted toward it. Do you know what it is?

Seems like a strange kind of magical energy. It's not familiar, but it does feel like it's coming from somewhere, however difficult that may be to perceive given that we are nowhere.

Seems like a strange kind of magical energy. It's not familiar, but it does feel like it's coming from somewhere, however difficult that may be to perceive given that we are nowhere.

Haly followed it. 

What now? Is there an edge to it or what?

Haly followed it. 

I was thinking that Haly could use the sense of location to Find its source and get to it through interdimensional space. Do you think that that falls within the range of lerasium magic weirdness? It seems similar to what she did to Find him the first time.

I think it could work. Seems a bit OP, but I don’t want to slow stuff down. 

Spoiler

Imma power her down later anyway.

Haly took the signal in, feeling it and sensing it and understanding it. All of a sudden, she whirled…

…and landed in some place. She staggered, sort of dizzy.

Haly took the signal in, feeling it and sensing it and understanding it. All of a sudden, she whirled…

…and landed in some place. She staggered, sort of dizzy.

Someone grabbed her, steadying her. "Haly! How did you get here? Are you alright?"

It was TAAron.

@Ookla the Untitled

Someone grabbed her, steadying her. "Haly! How did you get here? Are you alright?"

It was TAAron.

@Ookla the Untitled

Her heart swelled. “TAAron! You’re okay? You’re okay! How did you get out?” She felt rather confident that the large grin on her face had just stepped over the goofy threshold, but she didn’t care.