Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 hour ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron frowned. ''Maybe you should rest, unless you can use your magic to heal yourself. Can you do that?" The look of worry returned to him. "Haly can't float in interdimensional space forever. We have to get her!"

"Heal myself? Can't do that. I have to hate chickens forever." Nameless looked upset at this.

Edited by Ookla the Untitled

6 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Essa said I’m too magically unstable to belong in the world where this all happens. Once I wake up… I’ll probably never be able to see this again.

I see. So what do you know about TAAron's situation?

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Heal myself? Can't do that. I have to hate chickens forever." Nameless looked upset at this.

"Nameless, please try. You aren't in your right mind right now."

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

I see. So what do you know about TAAron's situation?

I know he’s trapped again, in a similar room. Nameless might be able to trace the signature, once I wake up and tell him. But I have to hurry. She looked around at the barge again, sadly.

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

I know he’s trapped again, in a similar room. Nameless might be able to trace the signature, once I wake up and tell him. But I have to hurry. She looked around at the barge again, sadly.

How do you know that? I was having trouble finding him. Did you speak with him somehow?

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

How do you know that? I was having trouble finding him. Did you speak with him somehow?

I found his dream. I met Tristan. She paused. TAAron got struck by lighting and got knocked out. In the dream. But it didn’t end. That was weird. And then later, he disappeared and Tristan was still there. That’s when I left. I didn’t think about it at the time, but that doesn’t seem right. I don’t know much about dreams, though.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

I found his dream. I met Tristan. She paused. TAAron got struck by lighting and got knocked out. In the dream. But it didn’t end. That was weird. And then later, he disappeared and Tristan was still there. That’s when I left. I didn’t think about it at the time, but that doesn’t seem right. I don’t know much about dreams, though.

Tristan?

As impossible as it seemed, Tors' voice choked.

What did he say? What was happening in the dream?

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Tristan?

As impossible as it seemed, Tors' voice choked.

What did he say? What was happening in the dream?

We were looking for someone to help TAAron. The cities were all empty. And then he said something about ‘What have I done? Save yourself.’ 

We were looking for someone to help TAAron. The cities were all empty. And then he said something about ‘What have I done? Save yourself.’ 

Was there a... rift of some sort?

The crystal that Tors was made out of began vibrating and humming, as though reacting to her emotion.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Nameless opened his eyes, staring at TAAron. "My mind? No, this isn't my mind. I-" Abruptly, his eyes rolled up into the back of his head and he fell unconscious again.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless opened his eyes, staring at TAAron. "My mind? No, this isn't my mind. I-" Abruptly, his eyes rolled up into the back of his head and he fell unconscious again.

"Stop passing out!" Wynn restrained herself from slapping Nameless. "How're we gonna help you if you die?"

She turned to TAAron.

"Look, I think we need to split up. Someone needs to go find Haly, and someone needs to take Nameless to a doctor."

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Nameless? Nameless!" TAAron shook him by the shoulders.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Yes, in the sky. Oh, Tors… he said it took you. What happened?

I... was there when the rift opened. I got pulled in immediately, and went out into interdimensional space. But how could the dream have continued when TAAron was out of it? Was Tristan doing anything? Did stuff start dissapearing?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Stop passing out!" Wynn restrained herself from slapping Nameless. "How're we gonna help you if you die?"

She turned to TAAron.

"Look, I think we need to split up. Someone needs to go find Haly, and someone needs to take Nameless to a doctor."

"How will we 'find' Haly? She's floating out in interdimensional space! Neither of us can go there on command, I don't think."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"How will we 'find' Haly? She's floating out in interdimensional space! Neither of us can go there on command, I don't think."

"Well, we can't go there, but maybe we can find a way to make her come to us? And we really can't delay. Nameless needs medical attention."

"Nameless? Nameless!" TAAron shook him by the shoulders.

I... was there when the rift opened. I got pulled in immediately, and went out into interdimensional space. But how could the dream have continued when TAAron was out of it? Was Tristan doing anything? Did stuff start dissapearing?

TAAron disappeared in a flash of light. Tristan was still there, and so was everything else. Nothing vanished, except me, when I left.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless mumbled something incoherent.

TAAron sighed, releasing Nameless.

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Well, we can't go there, but maybe we can find a way to make her come to us? And we really can't delay. Nameless needs medical attention."

"How can we do that?" TAAron looked thoughtful. "Let's see. The last time I saw her was in the dream. Potentially, that means that she's still asleep, which would be bad for us. If not, the only way I've ever known her to be able to travel interdimensionally is with her finding ability, but that wouldn't work unless she had some frame of reference. I don't know, could Ranryu send her a signal like she did with you and Nameless?

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

TAAron disappeared in a flash of light. Tristan was still there, and so was everything else. Nothing vanished, except me, when I left.

I don't see how that's possible. You didn't know Tristan or that world, so it wouldn't be able to act independently in a dream without you. But he also couldn't be... Did he say anything odd to you? Like names or terms you didn't recognize?

"How can we do that?" TAAron looked thoughtful. "Let's see. The last time I saw her was in the dream. Potentially, that means that she's still asleep, which would be bad for us. If not, the only way I've ever known her to be able to travel interdimensionally is with her finding ability, but that wouldn't work unless she had some frame of reference. I don't know, could Ranryu send her a signal like she did with you and Nameless?

"Ranryu probably could. You'd have to command her to do it, though. She's bonded to you. It would all depend on if Haly could recognize the signal or not."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron sighed, releasing Nameless.

I don't see how that's possible. You didn't know Tristan or that world, so it wouldn't be able to act independently in a dream without you. But he also couldn't be... Did he say anything odd to you? Like names or terms you didn't recognize?

Yeah. ‘Bonum didn’t mention a middleworlder’, ‘Malum curse it! Well, he already has’. Why? What are you thinking?

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Ranryu probably could. You'd have to command her to do it, though. She's bonded to you. It would all depend on if Haly could recognize the signal or not."

"Alright." TAAron turned to the dragon. He decided to try something more direct. "Ranryu, find Haly."

Yeah. ‘Bonum didn’t mention a middleworlder’, ‘Malum curse it! Well, he already has’. Why? What are you thinking?

The hum increased to a high-pitched ringing.

TAAron didn't know those words. I'm almost sure of it.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Aww bye!!

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Alright." TAAron turned to the dragon. He decided to try something more direct. "Ranryu, find Haly."

The hum increased to a high-pitched ringing.

TAAron didn't know those words. I'm almost sure of it.

This was significant. What does this mean?

This was significant. What does this mean?

I don't know. It doesn't make sense. Tristan is dead, he has been for five years. He got pulled into that void just like I did, and only TAAron and I ever came out.

I don't know. It doesn't make sense. Tristan is dead, he has been for five years. He got pulled into that void just like I did, and only TAAron and I ever came out.

Are you sure? How do you know? Maybe somebody else came out and you just didn’t see. What was in the void, anyway?

Are you sure? How do you know? Maybe somebody else came out and you just didn’t see. What was in the void, anyway?

It wasn't really a place. There was nothing physical about it. Sort of like... interdimensional space. Exactly like that. But it wouldn't make sense for Tristan to be in that dream. And if he is alive, the  why doesn't he know what happened to him after our home was destroyed? It just can't be true. That would mean everything and everyone is somehow still out there, like the boys' families, the city... and Malum.