Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

GREETINGS.

Hello fellow sharders! The Aspiring Archivist here. This is a subplot thread for The Insanity Clinic for the Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted (And Other Maladies), otherwise known as ICMBAAOM. Unless you are involved with the main thread, this one probably won't make much sense.

However, if you are interested in joining in somehow, go ahead and DM me, and I'll see if you can fit in somewhere.

@Nameless@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff@Kajsa@Ookla the Crow@Ookla the Obstinate

A quick RECAP:

Spoiler

My character, the scholar TAAron, suffered severe soul damage from being saved during the process of dying after an encounter with an outside player know only s the manipulator. In the hopes of healing him, Nameless, Haly, and potentially Ranyu (but I guess Ranyu is dead now so whatever) plan to embark on a journey to The Tower of Ghenjei for a perilous quest.

Unfortunately, the group got sidetracked by a series of unfortunate circumstances. Haly is back at the Clinic, while Nameless, TAAron, as well as Jove from the Unstable Individuals Watch and Kareena who Jove accidentally brought along are all stuck in Terra de Lumine, an odd world suspended in interdimensional void any yet incredibly isolated. After a series of shenanigans involving TAAron almost dying again and then losing his memory, two Luminites named Mell and Theodore (who happen to be the head general and husband of the king respectively) bring the group to King Edmund, the young prophesied-hero-turned-ruler of the land to discuss the situation.

Where we left off, Haly was just whisked away by Therapy Cat after having in emotional breakdown and somehow ended up back in the clinic. Nameless is trying to convince the king to give the group some of the kingdom's limited supply of iron in order to make cuendillar, a material that can escape the barrier between Terra de Lumine and interdimensional space.

Thanks to Calano for permission to create this thread. I am proud to be the founder of the first ICanon installment!

And here is the last lore post that I made on the main thread that went unanswered. HERE WE GO!

Adressing @Nameless:

The king laughed. "Iron. Well, I don't know how you plan on using it, but you should know that we don't have it in very large quantity. We have, maybe... a cubic meter's worth in the treasury? We don't really use it for anything here, except for the creation of rods."

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

4 hours ago, Nameless said:

"That's... unfortunate." Nameless scratched his head. "Might need to figure out a different way to get out of this dimension, then."

"If that is possible, I would appreciate it. However, if you find no alternative method, I would be willing to give you the iron you need."

6 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

I have decided that somehow Haly is in two places at once.

Let’s call it the Propendity Proposal.

Haly examines the wall, hoping there are no monsters hiding inside, because that would be bad.

Wynn's duel disk teleports the pair to this dimension, ending the Propendity Proposal.

Wynn blinked in confusion. "I... I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm happy to do whatever you need!"

10 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Ooh, what’s that? Can I touch it?”

Wynn clicked open the box. A card was glowing brightly. The image depicted a green and gold dragon, poised to strike.

Ranryu. But why is it glowing?

As Wynn examined the card, its glow faded. 

"Hmmm. I think I need to give this to somebody... but I'm not sure who."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn clicked open the box. A card was glowing brightly. The image depicted a green and gold dragon, poised to strike.

Ranryu. But why is it glowing?

As Wynn examined the card, its glow faded. 

"Hmmm. I think I need to give this to somebody... but I'm not sure who."

Haly looked around. “Maybe another dragon? I don’t know any of those.”

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly looked around. “Maybe another dragon? I don’t know any of those.”

Wynn shook her head sharply. 

"I'm sure I'll find whoever it is eventually. Now what are we doing here? It seems like my disk tossed us in the middle of something."

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn shook her head sharply. 

"I'm sure I'll find whoever it is eventually. Now what are we doing here? It seems like my disk tossed us in the middle of something."

“This is the tower of G-something. I can never remember how to spell it. We’re here to save TAAron’s soul.”

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“This is the tower of G-something. I can never remember how to spell it. We’re here to save TAAron’s soul.”

The Ranryu card glowed brightly at that. Wynn shook it, wondering if her ARC system was malfunctioning. 

"Hmm... Who's TAAron?"

21 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

This is not the tower of Ghenjei. This is still Kings Edmund's tower.

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn turned around.

"Hi?"

@Ookla the Inverted

"Hi!" TAAron said, smiling.

The king raised his eyebrows, then took a pen and wrote something on his arm, adding to the huge array of blue marks covering them. "Who are you, then? How did you get here?" Mell stood nearby, looking as though she were ready to go at the newcomer with her knife.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Hi!" TAAron said, smiling.

The king raised his eyebrows, then took a pen and wrote something on his arm, adding to the huge array of blue marks covering them. "Who are you, then? How did you get here?" Mell stood nearby, looking as though she were ready to go at the newcomer with her knife.

Wynn flinched at Mell and held her hands up, shiny purple duel disk sensing her increased heart rate. 

"Woah. Knife.... um... I'm Wynn. Haly and I were stuck in this weird dimension, but we found a signal that brought us here."

The Ranryu card vibrated in her hand.

"I think this is for you?" Wynn held it out to TAAron. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn flinched at Mell and held her hands up, shiny purple duel disk sensing her increased heart rate. 

"Woah. Knife.... um... I'm Wynn. Haly and I were stuck in this weird dimension, but we found a signal that brought us here."

The Ranryu card vibrated in her hand.

"I think this is for you?" Wynn held it out to TAAron. 

TAAron began reaching for the box.

"Woah, woah, woah. What is that, anyways?" Mell was holding out a thin metal rod now, the end sparking. TAAron's hand became frozen a few inches from the box.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron began reaching for the box.

"Woah, woah, woah. What is that, anyways?" Mell was holding out a thin metal rod now, the end sparking. TAAron's hand became frozen a few inches from the box.

"A duel monsters card. I put it into my duel disk like this," She put the card into a slot on the disk. "and the ARC system turns it into a hologram." The end of the duel disk shimmered for a second, then a small dragon appeared, golden-green scales glittering as it wrapped around Wynn's shoulders. "I added some mods and magic to my disk, so to holograms literally come to life."

Spoiler

An example of a duel disk: (Style varies between users)

D-Pad - Yugipedia - Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"A duel monsters card. I put it into my duel disk like this," She put the card into a slot on the disk. "and the ARC system turns it into a hologram." The end of the duel disk shimmered for a second, then a small dragon appeared, golden-green scales glittering as it wrapped around Wynn's shoulders. "I added some mods and magic to my disk, so to holograms literally come to life."

Reveal hidden contents

An example of a duel disk: (Style varies between users)

D-Pad - Yugipedia - Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki

Did you come up with this, or is it from somewhere?

"I understood pretty much none of what you just said. If something explodes or anything like that, you're getting thrown off the tip of this tower. There are dozens of floors, so I would be careful." Mell put down the rod, and TAAron grabbed the card.

So what happens now?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I understood pretty much none of what you just said. If something explodes or anything like that, you're getting thrown off the tip of this tower. There are dozens of floors, so I would be careful." Mell put down the rod, and TAAron grabbed the card.

Most of this is from my favorite anime/card game ever, yugioh, but I'm improvising on it to have it fit better with the current plot. That card is a gift from Ranryu. Right before she died, she saw flashes of random places and times in the multiverse. Basically, TAAron now has a dragon protector that can come to life and jump out of the card whenever he asks it to. The card also contains fragments of Ranryu's/the Righful One's soul, but they're dormant.

"I promise, that card doesn't explode. Some of my other ones maybe, but Ranryu is a storm dragon. It controls wind and stuff."

Wynn turned to TAAron. "So what needs doing?"

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"I promise, that card doesn't explode. Some of my other ones maybe, but Ranryu is a storm dragon. It controls wind and stuff."

Wynn turned to TAAron. "So what needs doing?"

TAAron held the card for a moment, then, not knowing what to do with, it, put it in his bag. "No idea. The first thing I remember was waking up injured and in pain on the floor of the infirmary earlier today. I didn't even know my name until someone told me. I think we're going to a tower thing to heal my soul or something." He frowned, still rifling through his bag. "Lot's of weird stuff in here. Spikes, vials with weird stuff floating in them... marshmallows?"

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron held the card for a moment, then, not knowing what to do with, it, put it in his bag. "No idea. The first thing I remember was waking up injured and in pain on the floor of the infirmary earlier today. I didn't even know my name until someone told me. I think we're going to a tower thing to heal my soul or something." He frowned, still rifling through his bag. "Lot's of weird stuff in here. Spikes, vials with weird stuff floating in them... marshmallows?"

Wynn winced. 

"Yikes. I'm glad my amnesia didn't come with any actual injuries. Those marshmallows probably came from Haly though. She has a thing for them, I've noticed. How did your soul get damaged in the first place?"