Origins of Feruchemy

TheBreadRuler

Question

5 answers to this question

You might be interested in this Word of Brandon:

Brandon Sanderson

Is Hemalurgy dead? No, not at all. It, like the other two powers, was not created by Ruin or Preservation, but by the natural state of the world and its interaction with the gods who created it. It still requires the same method of creation, but very few people are aware of how it works.

My understanding was that Feruchemy was a balance of Ruin & Preservation's power (with Hemalurgy mostly linked to Ruin and Allomancy to Preservation, though we have other WoBs confirming that both shards could power all three metallic arts).

15 hours ago, Fish613 said:

You might be interested in this Word of Brandon:

My understanding was that Feruchemy was a balance of Ruin & Preservation's power (with Hemalurgy mostly linked to Ruin and Allomancy to Preservation, though we have other WoBs confirming that both shards could power all three metallic arts).

I'll second this.  I don't think we have any reason to believe that Trell is involved at all.  it isn't impossible, WOBs are only canon until they are contradicted, and maybe Brandon will decide he likes the idea that Trell has invested somewhat into Scadrial. but until we see otherwise, it is pretty safe to assume it comes just from the interaction of Ruin and Preservation and Scadrial itself.

51 minutes ago, Spearguy said:

How is it Autonomous or Ruinous?

I saw a good explanation of this idea:

You Ruin yourself (weaker while storing) then Preserve that. 

The Autonomous part is where Trell comes in I guess, that one is much less likely.

It might be Autonomous because it is not dependant on any shards to work.

Hemalurgy is like that too but it leaves you open to Shardic influence.