Shallan Stormblessed's art

S. Stormy

So, the other day, I decided to try and draw Leeli based on the art in the book that I see.

And it turned out really well.

So I went over it with ink and colored it. And made it my profile picture. So: Leeli Igiby* herself!

Spoiler

leeli3.thumb.jpeg.8277bd8d9759e2716b34c17178112cc6.jpeg

Ink and pencil previews I guess:

Spoiler

leeli.thumb.jpeg.e696ac038236341fbc1474b4169d13b3.jpeg

Spoiler

leeli2.thumb.jpeg.848fa210962e628c194bf8e6e2082680.jpeg

Working on Janner, and will do Tink soon!

Janner so far:

Spoiler

janner.thumb.jpeg.3a1cd8606b05e2b045a88ac6debe3782.jpeg

Spoiler

Wingfeather

Janner's hair nearly killed me. But I survived.

Note: This is unusually good for me. So don't expect this level of quality forever. Also don't expect updates often. Also DON'T YOU DARE SPOIL IT I'M ONLY ON BOOK TWO!

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed
Adding disclaimer

2 hours ago, Ranryu said:

Nice! I swear not to spoil the ending, but you gotta tell us what you think of it when you're finished!

I will! I'm going on a long trip, so I'll have plenty of time to read!

And yes, I know, the hair color is incorrect. BUT Leeli feels like a redhead to my soul. Also I literally just copied this picture:

Spoiler

igifeathers.png.88713202fa052239f1f2427078b13cc6.png

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

19 hours ago, Telrao said:

Just a question in regard to materials: Did you use copic markers for the eye colour, and pencil for the rest of the colouring?

Also: great sketch so far! Lookin' amazing!

Thank you! It's actually just all colored pencil! Just pressed hard(for me). 

Do y'all wanna see the maybe-sorta-kinda finished pencil of Tink/Kalmar?

Edit after Tink did a stupid:

NO! JANNER! DON'T TURN INTO A KALADIN! ONLY KALADIN CAN BE A KALADIN!

Edit after Tink sang a song he shouldn't have:

Spoiler

NOOOOO TINK!!! WHYYYYYYY

Welp. My sketch is no longer accurate.

Oh well.

Edited by Ookla the Pencil Taxi

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

ooo warbreaker vibes!

Funny thing is, I haven't read Warbreaker(I've heard there's stuff in there that I'm not entirely comfortable reading). I do know a bit about the magic system, though. So I get what you mean.

36 minutes ago, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

i have a question not entirely related to art: what is a pencil taxi?

Hehehehehehe...

Story time?

Story time.

My history teacher had a stockpile of... you guessed it! Pencils. But kids kept taking them, and the district wasn't buying pencils for when ANYONE lost a pencil, so she ran out. Thus, she requested pencil donations. My mom gathered pencils from our house, and put them in a bag for me. So I took them to school, and the teacher was so grateful that she gave me candy. Later, walking down the hall, I remarked to my friends, "I don't deserve these, I'm just the... uh, the pencil... taxi." And they were like, "That's your nickname now".

Edited by Ookla the Pencil Taxi

25 minutes ago, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

Story time?

Story time.

My history teacher had a stockpile of... you guessed it! Pencils. But kids kept taking them, and the district wasn't buying pencils for when ANYONE lost a pencil, so she ran out. Thus, she requested pencil donations. My mom gathered pencils from our house, and put them in a bag for me. So I took them to school, and the teacher was so grateful that she gave me candy. Later, walking down the hall, I remarked to my friends, "I don't deserve these, I'm just the... uh, the pencil... taxi." And they were like, "That's your nickname now".

Ooo yay! Story time! That is an excellent nickname, mademoiselle! Indeed, a wonderful pencil, eh, taxi!

On 12/6/2022 at 7:34 PM, Ookla the Floofy said:

Ooo yay! Story time! That is an excellent nickname, mademoiselle! Indeed, a wonderful pencil, eh, taxi!

Thank you, mademoiselle! We're French now!

Random fun fact about something I did yesterday:

Spoiler

Ran barefoot in the snow. About a block.

And now the art that I have! It's a little sketch and I know the proportions are off, and it's pretty Barbie-ish. But it's kinda pretty, I think! I'm going to continue this thing that I guess I'm doing now.

Spoiler

I'm going to do the rest of the words to this song. It'll take a while, but hopefully will improve my proportions? Maybe?MLHGATSTFACFAF.thumb.jpeg.54c8ab2a78643657138371b5f764fba9.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

Thank you, mademoiselle! We're French now!

Random fun fact about something I did yesterday:

Reveal hidden contents

Ran barefoot in the snow. About a block.

And now the art that I have! It's a little sketch and I know the proportions are off, and it's pretty Barbie-ish. But it's kinda pretty, I think! I'm going to continue this thing that I guess I'm doing now.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm going to do the rest of the words to this song. It'll take a while, but hopefully will improve my proportions? Maybe?MLHGATSTFACFAF.thumb.jpeg.54c8ab2a78643657138371b5f764fba9.jpeg

Running a block barefoot in the snow sounds awesome. :lol: That quote makes me happy and sad at the same time. Looking good so far.