TheWanderer

So, recently I got a friend of mine into mistborn and he is amping up to run a game in era one. Personally while I love the capabilities of mistborn and full feruchemists I think the limitations of era 2 can create really fun characters. So I invite anyone who is willing to share their concepts to do so here I'd be delighted to hear. With your permission the base concepts may show up when I run an era 2 game of my own. In the interest of fairness I will share my first idea. A twinborn steel allomancer, and gold feruchemist. Initially grew up in a Terris enclave unaware of his noble blood. After getting into trouble with the law as a youth and subsequently getting kicked out of the village they ended up joining the constabulary years later and settling into a semi normal and happy life. As an open coinshot they hide their blood maker abilities often allowing someone to seemingly fatally shoot them. Only to fire up on them at close range with their allomancy or a gun.

Look forward to hearing what great ideas people come up with and thank you in advance for sharing.

P.S. I do hope I picked the right channel for this.

Edited by TheWanderer

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to say a tin misting, born into high society but who finds that life boring and decides to go out on adventures in the roughs, but then I realized that is very vague and also just allomancer jak. I'm still gonna reply though, i want to remember this thread because I love character-creating and will probably have more ideas for you at some point :D

On 11/19/2022 at 6:55 PM, TheWanderer said:

So, recently I got a friend of mine into mistborn and he is amping up to run a game in era one. Personally while I love the capabilities of mistborn and full feruchemists I think the limitations of era 2 can create really fun characters. So I invite anyone who is willing to share their concepts to do so here I'd be delighted to hear. With your permission the base concepts may show up when I run an era 2 game of my own. In the interest of fairness I will share my first idea. A twinborn steel allomancer, and gold feruchemist. Initially grew up in a Terris enclave unaware of his noble blood. After getting into trouble with the law as a youth and subsequently getting kicked out of the village they ended up joining the constabulary years later and settling into a semi normal and happy life. As an open coinshot they hide their blood maker abilities often allowing someone to seemingly fatally shoot them. Only to fire up on them at close range with their allomancy or a gun.

Look forward to hearing what great ideas people come up with and thank you in advance for sharing.

P.S. I do hope I picked the right channel for this.

Two stupid concepts:

--Zinc compounder who is a near-permanent insufferable genius because they were bullied in school for being not very bright before they Snapped and want to be seen as the smart one.

--Bronze compounder who literally hasn't slept a wink in over twenty years because they had bad nightmares and don't want to go back to that. 

6 hours ago, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

I was going to say a tin misting, born into high society but who finds that life boring and decides to go out on adventures in the roughs, but then I realized that is very vague and also just allomancer jak. I'm still gonna reply though, i want to remember this thread because I love character-creating and will probably have more ideas for you at some point :D

I also love character creation, particularly in the brainstorming phase. Hence why I tried to start a whole thread on it. Another concept of mine is a noble and formerly quite frail pewter arm who takes up underground fighting (within his rather light weight class).

6 hours ago, GroundPetrel said:

Two stupid concepts:

--Zinc compounder who is a near-permanent insufferable genius because they were bullied in school for being not very bright before they Snapped and want to be seen as the smart one.

--Bronze compounder who literally hasn't slept a wink in over twenty years because they had bad nightmares and don't want to go back to that. 

I love this, I know I wanted to do a compounder who was a firefighter that stored up heat to deal with some of the negatives of fighting fires. However, they are also a serial arsonist (think the angel of death archetype trying to be a hero). Was meant to be an antagonist for an era two party to track down. As a trick they use their compounding to set people on fire in fistfights (thing in the tabletop).
Also don't feel bad for a murder mystery one shot I wrote a twinborn tin compounder who was a noble turned lawman like Waxilium. Main distinction was that he left due to a falling out with his family as opposed to disliking noble society. 

Edited by TheWanderer

• 2 months later...

Mine was an A-Iron/F-Tin Twinborn who was mocked for their iron being less good than steel. As a result, they lean into using iron sight as a sort of radar and maybe even becoming a savant, which would let them fight precisely like Spook. 

I also think an A-Bronze/F-Copper Twinborn would make a great scientist/academic. They might even have a resonance that’s uniquely good at analyzing Investiture