The reason Trellium and Harmonium explode

Vin(Diesel)

When Harmonium reacts with Trellium, there is a massive explosion like that of an atomic bomb. It makes perfect sense to me that this would be the result. Why? Because Harmonium atoms should share in Harmony’s nature as a partnership between two, and Autonomy, being, well, autonomous, probably abhors partnership. So of course Trellium splits Harmonium into separate, autonomous parts. And since Harmonium is an atom, when it splits, it splits like atoms do: with a boom. 

I doubt other godmetals explode when combined. These two metals split because of the nature of their Shards’ Intents. 

On 11/19/2022 at 6:23 PM, Vin(Diesel) said:

When Harmonium reacts with Trellium, there is a massive explosion like that of an atomic bomb. It makes perfect sense to me that this would be the result. Why? Because Harmonium atoms should share in Harmony’s nature as a partnership between two, and Autonomy, being, well, autonomous, probably abhors partnership. So of course Trellium splits Harmonium into separate, autonomous parts. And since Harmonium is an atom, when it splits, it splits like atoms do: with a boom. 

I doubt other godmetals explode when combined. These two metals split because of the nature of their Shards’ Intents. 

Yes I see this as fission explosion (splitting apart of different atoms.) I wonder if a fusion reaction could possibly happen although i don't see this happening until era 4.

On 11/25/2022 at 5:09 PM, SandersonFan123 said:

Yes I see this as fission explosion (splitting apart of different atoms.) I wonder if a fusion reaction could possibly happen although i don't see this happening until era 4.

Maybe if you found some isolated atium and lerasium and brought them together? the implication from the book is that the two want to be together as harmonium because the shards they comprise are currently melded into that state. so it stands to reason that they might try to fuse with each other if brought into proximity. might need additional pieces, like electricity/energy and/or something like trellium to push them closer and closer together.

I also wonder if there might be a godmetal out there with the opposite reaction as Trellium/Bavadinium. one that wants to merge with other investiture. possibly Ambition's godmetal.  of the shards that I can think of offhand just now, it seems the most likely.

On 11/28/2022 at 1:15 PM, Dunkum said:

Maybe if you found some isolated atium and lerasium and brought them together? the implication from the book is that the two want to be together as harmonium because the shards they comprise are currently melded into that state. so it stands to reason that they might try to fuse with each other if brought into proximity. might need additional pieces, like electricity/energy and/or something like trellium to push them closer and closer together.

I also wonder if there might be a godmetal out there with the opposite reaction as Trellium/Bavadinium. one that wants to merge with other investiture. possibly Ambition's godmetal.  of the shards that I can think of offhand just now, it seems the most likely.

Yes I think ambitions godmetal might do the trick.

Edited by SandersonFan123
TYPO