Chapter 53 death rattle

The_Milkgod

“He must pick it up, the fallen title! The tower, the crown, and the spear!” 

I got bored and decided to go looking through the death rattles. Do we know what this one is referring to or have any ideas? 

edit: I did not mean to post this twice and I can’t figure out how to delete it

Edited by The_Milkgod

4 hours ago, The_Milkgod said:

I got bored and decided to go looking through the death rattles. Do we know what this one is referring to or have any ideas? 

While I'm not sure if there is any confirmation to what this refers to it seems to point towards someone replacing (not sure if this is spoiler? don't think it is because 6 months have passed)

Spoiler

Elhokar

And from the use of the spear, it feels as if it won't be a traditional character. Those who might seem like the replacements seem more fit towards shardblades, so I am unsure about who this could be referring to. The only other idea that comes to mind is that the fallen title refers to that of a shard, and is instead pointing towards Honor? More of a random thought without reason behind it to be honest.

I don;t think we have confirmation, but there are many theories (most of which revolve around the fact that Dalinar's personal Glyphpair for the Kholin Princedom is the Tower and the Crown). However Elhokar's was the Tower and Sword. 

We do not yet know Adolin's (now that he is Highprince); nor do we know if Elhokar was using the same pair as Gavilar, what pair Gavinor will have nor if Navani and/or Jasnah will have their own, inherit one or something else.

7 hours ago, The_Milkgod said:

Sometimes it is the fault of the browser, not the user. Simply click "report post" on the top of each post and list the reason as "Duplicate post" and the mods can sort it out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 9:36 PM, Velvet said:

While I'm not sure if there is any confirmation to what this refers to it seems to point towards someone replacing (not sure if this is spoiler? don't think it is because 6 months have passed)

Hide contents

Elhokar

And from the use of the spear, it feels as if it won't be a traditional character. Those who might seem like the replacements seem more fit towards shardblades, so I am unsure about who this could be referring to. The only other idea that comes to mind is that the fallen title refers to that of a shard, and is instead pointing towards Honor? More of a random thought without reason behind it to be honest.

Jasnah has replaced him though, so how does that fit? 

On 11/20/2022 at 0:49 AM, Treamayne said:

I don;t think we have confirmation, but there are many theories (most of which revolve around the fact that Dalinar's personal Glyphpair for the Kholin Princedom is the Tower and the Crown). However Elhokar's was the Tower and Sword. 

We do not yet know Adolin's (now that he is Highprince); nor do we know if Elhokar was using the same pair as Gavilar, what pair Gavinor will have nor if Navani and/or Jasnah will have their own, inherit one or something else.

Sometimes it is the fault of the browser, not the user. Simply click "report post" on the top of each post and list the reason as "Duplicate post" and the mods can sort it out.

Could be interesting if it was about Adolin. Maybe something that happens in the fifth book.

5 hours ago, Beodrakis said:

When I heard fallen title and the spear, my thoughts immediately go to Kaladin, Stormblessed was the fallen title, and he used the spear, I just don't know about the crown. Also, death rattle s have the possibility of being about the past.

He’s one of my main thoughts of who it could be referring too as well. I’ve thought about Dalinar but the spear doesn’t really fit. Yeah that’s true, maybe Gavilar… sorta with some of the stuff revealed in S5’s prologue.

1 hour ago, The_Milkgod said:

Jasnah has replaced him though, so how does that fit? 

Could be interesting if it was about Adolin. Maybe something that happens in the fifth book.

He’s one of my main thoughts of who it could be referring too as well. I’ve thought about Dalinar but the spear doesn’t really fit.

Please do not multi-post. In case you were not aware:

Spoiler

At the bottom left of the post you will see a "+" icon, a "Quote" link, and (your posts only) and Edit link. On the bottom right you will see an up arrow.

• The Up Arrow is how you thank people or "like" a post
  • The "Quote" link is exactly that, when you click it the quote will be added to the reply at the bottom of the thread wherever the cursor is
    • So, if you have already started to reply before you decide to quote you can then add the quote before or after your text depending on the cursor location when you click "Quote"
  • The + icon is multi-quote. As you read a thread, if you want to quote multiple items you click that for each post
    • As you click +, you should see a toaster pop-up on the bottom right of the browser window showing how many quotes you will have
    • They are added in the order you click the + icon, not in the original post order, so you can set the order of quotes for your reply
    • When you are ready to reply, click on the toaster pop-up and it will take you directly to the reply section and add the quotes automatically
  • Finally, you can also highlight a small section of a post and, when hovering over the highlit portion, click the "Quote" button that pops up.
  • Also note that you can move quotes after they have been added to your reply.
    • For example, you add a quote and realize there are no empty lines below it for you to type - so you can hit "enter" before the quote to make an empty line then when you hover over a quote you will see a 4-way arrow at the top-left that you can use to drag the quote up (or down)  and move the quote to before the empty line. . .
  • Use the Edit link to make changes to a completed post or add information to your post if it is the most recent (to avoid double posting)
    • Quote buttons will still send a quote to "Reply" if you have a post open for edit, but it is easy to cut/paste the quote to the Edit box
    • Editing allows you to add a reason for the edit (Spelling and grammar (SPAG), formatting, clarification, new information, etc.), but it is not required.

Also, please avoid discussing unpublished material outside of designated spoiler areas.

6 hours ago, The_Milkgod said:

I like this one! The fallen title could be referring to the name/ rank of the Edgedancer that broke his bond with Maya. The Tower and Crown fits due to his heritage and, while the spear isn't a weapon Adolin typically uses, I could see a scene where he picks up a spear from a wounded soldier to protect him, reigniting the bond (maybe in Shadesmar, to justify the use of a typical weapon over his Shardblade).

17 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Please do not multi-post. In case you were not aware:

Reveal hidden contents

At the bottom left of the post you will see a "+" icon, a "Quote" link, and (your posts only) and Edit link. On the bottom right you will see an up arrow.

• The Up Arrow is how you thank people or "like" a post
  • The "Quote" link is exactly that, when you click it the quote will be added to the reply at the bottom of the thread wherever the cursor is
    • So, if you have already started to reply before you decide to quote you can then add the quote before or after your text depending on the cursor location when you click "Quote"
  • The + icon is multi-quote. As you read a thread, if you want to quote multiple items you click that for each post
    • As you click +, you should see a toaster pop-up on the bottom right of the browser window showing how many quotes you will have
    • They are added in the order you click the + icon, not in the original post order, so you can set the order of quotes for your reply
    • When you are ready to reply, click on the toaster pop-up and it will take you directly to the reply section and add the quotes automatically
  • Finally, you can also highlight a small section of a post and, when hovering over the highlit portion, click the "Quote" button that pops up.
  • Also note that you can move quotes after they have been added to your reply.
    • For example, you add a quote and realize there are no empty lines below it for you to type - so you can hit "enter" before the quote to make an empty line then when you hover over a quote you will see a 4-way arrow at the top-left that you can use to drag the quote up (or down)  and move the quote to before the empty line. . .
  • Use the Edit link to make changes to a completed post or add information to your post if it is the most recent (to avoid double posting)
    • Quote buttons will still send a quote to "Reply" if you have a post open for edit, but it is easy to cut/paste the quote to the Edit box
    • Editing allows you to add a reason for the edit (Spelling and grammar (SPAG), formatting, clarification, new information, etc.), but it is not required.

Also, please avoid discussing unpublished material outside of designated spoiler areas.

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say?

S5 hasn't been published yet, so you shouldn't write about it outside of spoiler zones.

Multiposting is when you post multiple times in quick succession on the same topic, if you have many things to say, write a longer post, if you already sent the post, use the edit feature, this stops topics from getting clogged with too many posts or something.

You're not in trouble, just keep this in mind for future posting.

On 11/19/2022 at 3:06 PM, The_Milkgod said:

I believe that the "tower" is referring to Urithiru, of course. The crown might not be a literal crown, but likely the mantle of kingship. Similarly, I believe the spear does not refer to an actual spear, but represents an attack or offensive position. In all, I believe this is speaking of Dalinar's upcoming battle against Odium's champion. 

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

I believe that the "tower" is referring to Urithiru, of course. The crown might not be a literal crown, but likely the mantle of kingship. Similarly, I believe the spear does not refer to an actual spear, but represents an attack or offensive position. In all, I believe this is speaking of Dalinar's upcoming battle against Odium's champion. 

Agreed on the tower, I can’t think of anything else that that would be referring too. He is the king of Urithiru though right? I feel like something was said about that in the beginning of RoW but I could be wrong. I haven’t thought of that with the spear, interesting, could make sense. Other than what you said about the spear I don’t see how it would relate to the fight. The quote in whole, to me, seems to be more about someone taking up a position involving all four things mentioned.

Agreed on the tower, I can’t think of anything else that that would be referring too. He is the king of Urithiru though right? I feel like something was said about that in the beginning of RoW but I could be wrong. I haven’t thought of that with the spear, interesting, could make sense. Other than what you said about the spear I don’t see how it would relate to the fight. The quote in whole, to me, seems to be more about someone taking up a position involving all four things mentioned.

Well, I understand what you are saying, but think about it this way: At first, Dalinar took the Urithiru. Then he became King, and during this all he became the first Bondsmith in hundreds of years. The prediction is like an account of all of his exploits. The Tower=Urithiru, The crown=The kingship, The fallen title= him becoming bondsmith, because bondsmith was the fallen title. Next he will have to take up the spear, finally attacking Odium (or rather his champion) directly, instead of defending himself constantly.

9 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Well, I understand what you are saying, but think about it this way: At first, Dalinar took the Urithiru. Then he became King, and during this all he became the first Bondsmith in hundreds of years. The prediction is like an account of all of his exploits. The Tower=Urithiru, The crown=The kingship, The fallen title= him becoming bondsmith, because bondsmith was the fallen title. Next he will have to take up the spear, finally attacking Odium (or rather his champion) directly, instead of defending himself constantly.

Since you put it that way it makes a lot more sense. Still don’t necessarily agree but definitely a good thought and makes a lot of sense.