Kaladin will become Harmony's Sword

ThatRedHead717

I'm not sure if this belongs here in SA or in the Mistborn thread but the stuff I'll quote to support this is from RoW so I'm going to go with here. I'm also not sure if someone has already made this theory before. There are 200,000 posts here so it seems likely but I still think this is a good idea and worth discussing.

(I have been listening to the audiobooks so I don't have specific page numbers. I'll give what chapter I took it from and the context so you can find it though.)

RoW chapter 39 - 23:39:00. This happens after the invasion of the Tower when fused and regals are searching the Tower for downed radiants. Kaladin is in his father's hospital area and hears news of these enemy troops coming toward him. He picks up a scalpel and prepares for battle, then thinks this: "the scalpel of a surgeon was a very different thing from a soldier's knife. a surgeon's knife could be a subtle thing, meant to cause as little harm as possible. a delicate contradiction, like Kaladin himself."
"it had been designed to heal, but could kill just as efficiently, like Kaladin himself"

also, in Harmony's letter (at the beginning of RoW Chapter 29), he says, "I have begun searching for a pathway out of this conundrum by seeking the ideal person to act on my behalf. Someone who embodies both Preservation and Ruin. A....sword, you might say, who can both protect and kill."

I believe these quotes are referencing the same person. Kaladin

Kaladin is a complicated person. He has years of formal training as a surgeon and years of formal training as a killer. He knows how to do both very effectively and seems to find a balance between the two by the end of RoW (after swearing his 4th ideal). But this complicated past is exactly what makes him perfect for this job. He is very familiar with ruining and preserving. 

I believe that in the second 5-book series in Stormlight Archive, Kal will meet Sazed/Harmony and they will strike a deal similar to what Odium wanted with Dalinar, though, not quite so destructive. Harmony doesn't need a general to lead his armies or a bondsmith to free him from his prison. Harmony just needs an avatar to act through. Someone who will truly, deeply understand him, his goals, and what keeps him from accomplishing them.

That's the theory. Let me know what you guys think of this! I've been thinking about this for a week or two and really feel like it fits. If Kal can find a way over to Scadrial, this would be super cool!

That probably should be in Cosmere Discussion thread - it's both SA and Mistborn era 2 spoilers.

There was few discussions like this before, here's one:

I say Kaladin is not and will not be sword of Harmony. Wax however is, Wax was called multiple times Harmony's sword. And like I said in topic above:

Harmony needs someone to act on his behalf as he is useless even on the world he's most (and only as far as we know) invested in. Kaladin being that sword would be equally as useless as Harmony is right now as both of them cannot act on Scadrial where they're both most needed. Wax on the other hand is on Scadrial, is watched by Harmony and his Kandra from early on, performs multiple tasks on behalf of Harmony, talks with him on multiple ocasions, his story takes place after this letter is written, and he even said he's a Sword of Harmony. I don't know why there is such confusion about who is Sword of Harmony. Kaladin is Son of Honor not Sword of Harmony.