Cycle Two: H. Shot First

The mood in the Drunk Side was subdued, if puzzled. Scribbled sheets of flimsi and crumpled durasheets were plastered all over the notice board, with the aurebesh lettering already fading on the older notices. 

For all Smarts and Turtle knew their work, some of the regulars at the cantina were dubious. Who would want to attack Dreshdae, anyway?

“What’s there on Dreshdae for anyone?” asked Seth, in confusion. “Dreshdae’s a hole, man. There’s nothing here except dust, more dust, and a lot of ancient tombs. If I had my way, I’d save enough and hitch a ride on a passing freighter, make it somewhere big. Anything but here.”

“Come off it, Seth,” scoffed Shil-Ou-Te. “You’ve been talking about getting off this rock since forever. You never have.”

Seth glared at him. “Yeah, and I’d’ve done it months ago if not for—”

“Sith,” said old Barles. He shook his head. “You saw him. Burned through that counter, right there.” He pointed over at the charred halves of the counter everyone was refusing to look at. At the door, which wasn’t sliding shut, which had been somehow wrecked.

Kalabel had come over and was working over the door with a hydrospanner, muttering to herself in concentration. Sajhe’d thanked her, and offered to pay, or at least sport her the next meal and drinks. Least he could do, really. He wouldn’t have minded trying to fix it, but the dust got everywhere in Korriban.

The sooner mended, the better.

“Sith,” Ullen Kos repeated. “They’re a legend. They’re long dead. They’re dust,” he almost pleaded, clutching at his drink, as though to be told that the Sith were long dead, long historical curiosities would save him from the spectre that had walked into the cantina and casually sliced up the counter as though it was day-old Alderaanian cheese.

“Except Vader. He was Sith, wasn’t he? You don’t get more alive than Vader himself.”

“Whatever you want to call that, that’s not an accident,” Tantyck said, nursing his drink. “It wasn’t an accident, was it?”

Smarts blinked. “What?”

“The comms array,” Tantyck repeated, his voice carefully level, despite the implication. Tantyck, Sajhe thought, had a level of control the Jedi would have admired. “You checked it, didn’t you, Smarts?”

Smarts stared at him with narrowed eyes. “No,” he admitted. “Turtle came over and mentioned the ‘port relay was sabotaged by a comms spike. I tested it, yeah. With the comms relay down, it doesn’t matter if the comms array is gone too. Comlinks don’t work. The nearest relay is in the next sector, like he said.”

“It might be possible to rig something,” Sajhe said, into the silence. “I’m no comms expert, but depending on what’s left of the relay, and if there’s a freighter left in port, you could jury-rig something based on their native comms array. Maybe it wouldn’t reach the next sector’s relay, but it might be able to keep local comms running—or reach the Valiant.” He added, a few moments later, “The Republic used to have to improvise, during the Mandalorian Wars. First thing their Jehavey’ir-type assault ships would go for would be anything anchoring local comms infrastructure, take it down with heavy bombardment.”

“Yeah,” Smarts said slowly. “That’s millenia ago.”

“Still used on some war-torn worlds,” Barles said, quietly. “It’s worth a shot, at any rate.”

WVulpF2csWnorHN8sumhHW2VNG3rCDPFSHaEvV2Nc2q3wgr1Ty26hC4pXaL64l86V2166x7wnWjBoR9nmFgbKUiVhfcInzGvQ3rthhw8yxGA2ctZZTrCkKwx_9uvq6OyzGFsfebe0tgLQc9FxvPzRSIqmyeByfgnVEUGG94Akb3atRtkiu69jOFGmKtt

“An attack,” Ullen Kos said again. He knocked back his Corellian ale, and blinked. Too nervous, Sajhe thought. “But there’s nothing here for them. There’s no army. Is there?”

“Korriban used to be a Sith world,” Sajhe said, patiently. “And that tends to draw a certain kind of character. Those—Disciples of Ragnos.” He remembered the words the interloper had used. “Just the latest vultures, here to pick at the bones of the dead.”

“Told you,” Martano Hamartano said, lazily, a leg swung up pre-emptively on a nearby stool. “We ain’t sitting ducks here, and that’s easily solved. They wanna come here and try to mess around with us? Easy. A good blaster, and a shot in his skull, and he’s finished. Problem solved, you know what I’m sayin’? No need to panic or run around like headless hawkbats, eh, eh?”

“Pleased Statement: This meatbag at least understands the use of a good blaster. Admonition: However, one does not want to confront a Force meatbag with a simple blaster. Thoughtful Statement: A Valken-372D Sharpshooter rifle with a custom scope might be a better weapon. Alternatively, one might consider the use of shaped charges, or even better, orbital bombardment.”

The rust-plated HK droid had appeared on-planet about a week ago, following some query concerning gizka. Sajhe had resolved to keep an eye on him ever since.

“Oh yeah?” Hamartano drawled. “Say, whaddya know about killing those Sith honchos, rustbucket?”

“Indignant Retort: I have killed far more of these meatbags than you could in an entire lifetime. Smug Statement: In fact, I would consider myself an expert at assassination and the quiet resolution to all meatbag problems.”

“And I bet you’ve never in—”

Hamartono’s retort was drowned out by Moff rolling out from under a table and inadvertently knocking over his stool, tripping him up.

“Sith, Jedi, unimportant, they are,” Moff smiled serenely. “Bargain, I have for you! Best death sticks in the galaxy, I have! Smoke two of them at once, will you?”

Moff,” Sajhe said, admonishingly. “I’ve told you this already. Drinking is fine. But you do not want to sell death sticks in my bar. Take it outside.”

“Take it outside, I will,” Moff grumbled, and proceeded to roll out of the bar, hawking his death sticks to anyone in the vicinity.

“...Huh,” said Seth. “I never thought anyone could get him to stop.”

“Well, we need to act,” Loren Vash said, firmly. “While they’re working on the comms at the spaceport, we need to identify where these Disciples of Ragnos are. Where they are striking from. They must be hidden somewhere—they seemed to think we knew something about the Valley.” She scowled at the sleeping Nodice. He’d come months ago, a down-on-his-luck spacer, always up for a game of sabaac, no matter how much he lost. Sajhe’d felt bad for him and sometimes put him up in a small space over the cantina when locking up for the night. “I’d say we should be looking really hard at anyone strange who came in over the last couple of weeks or months. They’ve probably planned this.”

Seth laughed. “Sure, and I’m one of those Disciples of Ragnos.”

Silence greeted his words.

“I’m joking!” Seth said, quickly. “C’mon man, I thought it was really funny—”

A sharp whine of a blaster, and Seth crumpled to the floor, a smoking hole burned through his head.

Very obviously dead, and very obviously…Seth.

“Put those blasters away!” Sajhe growled, stalking over to Seth. But there was nothing that could be done for him. He glared at Hamartano and the HK droid, both of whom were sheepishly holding blasters. So were a few other regulars, though who had shot first was fairly impossible to tell. “Star’s sake, you’d think the lot of you had more impulse control!”

“Indignation: The target had clearly claimed to be a member of the Disciples of Ragnos.”

You should know better,” Sajhe glared at the droid. “He was joking. I know you can process sarcasm and Tusken.” He folded his arms across his chest. “That much should’ve been obvious. Out, all of you! Take your blasters out of here! Go fret elsewhere, but do it quietly.”

WVulpF2csWnorHN8sumhHW2VNG3rCDPFSHaEvV2Nc2q3wgr1Ty26hC4pXaL64l86V2166x7wnWjBoR9nmFgbKUiVhfcInzGvQ3rthhw8yxGA2ctZZTrCkKwx_9uvq6OyzGFsfebe0tgLQc9FxvPzRSIqmyeByfgnVEUGG94Akb3atRtkiu69jOFGmKtt

Smarts stared at the fused mass of wires and blinked.

“And it was just like that, yah,” Turtle affirmed. “Array’s gone, too.”

Dr. Dacken Humtumb let out a long exhalation that was half a sigh. “Not gizka,” he said, very firmly. “Definitely not gizka.”

“Obviously not,” Smart said, wearily. He didn’t really want to think of how to explain it to Tantyck. Something about the man’s queries had gotten under his skin, as though Tantyck’d been looking out for someone to blame and had figured the technician was the easiest target out there. “It’s not chewed.”

It was fused, as though someone’d taken a solder to the mass of wires and sparking parts, or a blaster. Or Smarts supposed, thinking of the table in the bar, a lightsaber. The access panel had been neatly sliced open, after all. There wasn’t much to fix, the better question was if anything could be salvaged, and Smarts wasn’t sure it could at all.

“And what Sajhe said? The thing about the freighter?” Krisbaan demanded, harshly.

Turtle stared warily at him. “Look, Saj’ is a bartender,” he said, blinking owlishly. “I know the ‘port. Last freighter left yesterday, ahead of schedule.”

“Maybe there are ships docked,” Krisbaan said, after a moment’s thought. The last thing he wanted was for them to return to the cantina with nothing to show for it. There was no point in him having identified his quarry if he couldn’t even report Jev’s capture, after all. “I’ll check the docking bays.”

Turtle shrugged. “Knock yourself out,” he said, philosophically, already returning to the business of going over the wrecked array with Humtumb, Smarts, and the quiet Kalabel.

Gripping his stun cane in hand, Krisbaan accessed the first docking bay. There was a starfighter parked there, one that he didn’t recognise. A simple light-courier, painted in reds and whites that he didn’t recognise. He could’ve sworn he’d not seen it before, and he kept very close attention to the spaceport arrivals and departures.

The transponder ID on the ship identified it as the Raven’s Claw, lightly-armed with the standard array of laser cannons and two mounted proton torpedo launchers. Not exactly loaded for bear, then.

Did the ship have a working comms system? Probably.

Krisbaan made his way towards the ship, when a cloaked figure moved towards him.

“Goodbye, Jedi,” the hooded figure whispered, harshly.

Moving with the swift reflexes of a man who was used to dealing with recalcitrant opposition, Krisbaan lashed out with his stun cane.

A scarlet lightsaber flashed to life and burned through his stun cane in a single, humming movement, swift and economical. Then, Krisbaan found himself flying backwards, slamming into the wall of the docking bay.

Wha—

“Not the Jedi after all,” the figure breathed, gazing down on Krisbaan. How had this being moved so fast?

Krisbaan felt himself hauled up to his feet. He slumped forward, dazedly, as hands crackling with blood-red lightning clenched about his throat and the figure laughed, and seemed to consume everything that he was, everything that he felt, vanishing down a dark, hungry maw, drained into nothingness.

And then nothing.

Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient was executed! He was a Desann Reborn! Oh sorry, he was actually a Settler, why would you believe him?

The Unknown Novel / Ookla the Unknown was killed for unknown reasons! He was a Settler!

The latest flimsi plastered to the notice board at the Drunk Side:

Szeth (6): Xino, Drake, Wiz, Fifth, Fadran
Madagascar (2): Szeth, Hael
Silho (1): Mat, Bookwyrm
Xino (1): Ash
Turtle (1): Silho
Ventyl (1): Madagascar

Have you seen this man?

@Ventyl going by the alias of Ibonek Naw-ibo is wanted for inactivity in four different star systems! If he doesn't show by the next cycle, all licensed bounty hunters will be permitted to bring him in dead.

The cycle has begun and will end on Thursday, 1st December 2022 at 0100hrs SGT (GMT+8)! Please be reminded that PMs are closed

Edited by Kasimir

Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • Multiple vote manips and multiple redirects on the same target both have the same net effect: they cancel out.
  • Anything redirected to an illegal target (the obvious case has to do with protects) will fail. 
  • Roleblocked players will be informed they were roleblocked.
  • Redirected players will be informed they were redirected, e.g. "You successfully protected Gamma!" when Kas had sent in orders to protect Wyrm.
  • In the case of multiple unanswered redirects, e.g. Kas redirects Wyrm who was redirecting Ren who was redirecting Gamma, I will RNG for their order, and then apply them in the following order.
  • If you are redirected to yourself, and you are using a redirect, you will be told your action failed.
  • Jedi Knights are not included in the Apprentice Doc.
  • PMs are closed. Players cannot open PMs with other players for the duration of this game.
  • The Apprentice Doc will be pseudonymous: players will be encouraged to stick with an identifier and colour, but not required to use a real player name or RP name.
  • Duel challenges are refunded if the player is dead at the point the challenge is issued (challenges are last on OoA.)
  • There are no restrictions on Force powers beyond what is written in the rules for that particular Force power, and the action limit. Thus, both Jedi can use Force powers if they do not recruit. The same is true of the Reborn.
  • Force Dominate does not require the target to have voted.
  • A Desann Reborn using Force Drain can indeed be redirected onto themselves, effectively draining themselves to death. You can thank the Stack for this.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @JNV - Jev, a low end smuggler with multiple secret identities
2. @Ashbringer - Kalabel, a young droid technician who found an absolutely innocent red triangle thingy
3. The Unknown Novel - Krisbaan, a bounty hunter with a capital P Past - Settler
4. @Matrim's Dice - Smarts the droid technician, who is protecting you from his real name
5. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Tania! the Terentatek, awoken from dormancy and ready to feast on Force-sensitives
6. @xinoehp512 - Nodice the unlucky spacer, who absolutely never cheats and has no gambling problem, you are the problem

7. @DrakeMarshall - Dr. Dacken Humtumb, the gizka preservationist
8. @Haelbarde - HK-47, your friendly neighbourhood non-organic gizka exterminator
9. @The Wandering Wizard - Lib Wubum, Gungan bounty hunter, trailing Jede Ratrit
10. @The Bookwyrm - Myhar Impay, ecologist who would like to leave to study a more exotic planet, but feels indebted
11. @Fifth Scholar - 
Martano Hamartano, an aspiring marksman and swoop ganger
12. @Ventyl - Ibonek Naw-ibo, a dude in the wrong place, who totally does not have a Shardblade
13. @Shining Silhouette
14. Szeth_Pancakes - Seth - 
Settler
15. @Madagascar - Moff, deadbeat Jedi dropout
16. @Channelknight Fadran - 
K.D. Tantyck, defected Imperial officer
17. @ookla the POKE VOTE - Turtle the spaceport mechanic
18. @Alvron - Nees Bac, Jawa scavenger stranded on Korriban by Imperial forces

Edited by Kasimir

8 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient was executed! He was a Desann Reborn! Oh sorry, he was actually a Settler, why would you believe him?

That was mean, I read by colors first and foremost and there's nothing more eye-drawing than that red >>

For some reason my brain thought this was an LG, so I wasn't expecting a kill. TUN feels like very much low info but I probably should also check if he said anything worthwhile that might have drawn that.

A vote moved from Shining to Szeth-- I'm going to assume it was Book's vote since I voted like two seconds before rollover :P. Though I suppose it could have been mine, and the manip was put in while I was voting Madagascar... that'd reflect an inactive manipper at EoD, which is interesting. I think that manip could be both Jedi or Sith but I'd need to double check the rules. I maybe will look into the implications of it more, later.

Shining, ha! Now my vote does something! :D.

Tbh I didn't even know Bookwyrm was on Shining last turn.

About to go to class, but Hamartano would like to note that his draw speed certainly exceeds that of any flimsy protocol droid :P 

Remind me to look at the vote counts. I think someone might have tried to kill Mad but my brain is fuzzy with Old English and I don’t trust its immediate analysis >>

Lib Wubum knew to be careful. In his line of work, if you weren't you were dead. 

Still that Krisbaan fellow seemed careful, nothing good comes of dealing with the forceNothing good at all.

Still, his bounty should be around here somewhere, perhaps hiding in the shadows. The comm going out took out his tracking fob and now he was stuck with the old method.

"Don't mind no old method, just won't get done as fast. More danger of those sith fellows."

Lib fingered his spear first and his gun second. Nothing like a good old gungan spear to get him out of trouble, though if the legends were right.

It won't do me any good 'gainst a sith.

I don't have much time after the RP and I nearly thought we'd gotten someone, til I read the rest of the sentance. >>

I need to re-read the thread a bit, don't know how much time I'll have today though. 

Out of time for now.

Just now, Ookla the Tall said:

'Twas naught but a poke vote. I didn't realize you had also voted him. 

And if someone did move my vote...hm...

Now that we actually have some information, though, I would like to vote more seriously...

Myhar jumped as the sound of a blaster reverberated through the cantina. He turned to look right as Szeth slumped over, dead.

What was that? He'd been lost in his own thoughts, and hadn't noticed the conversation spiraling. He nervously fingered the small blaster pistol strapped to his leg beneath his poncho. Then pulled it away. It seemed as though the danger was over, but he didn't want to be caught unawares in the middle of a firefight. Though he assumed it wouldn't come to that.

He stood up and moved to another table to get closer to where the conversation was happening. He didn't say anything himself, not yet, but wanted to hear when anyone else said anything.

Then again, the Sith could just as easily be out an about in the town, he thought. No way of really knowing; especially with the comms down. 

He pulled out a datapad that linked to several of his moisture probes. They had stopped relaying data; the comms blackout affected his scientific equipment, too.

Great. It looked like he wouldn't get any work done until this problem was solved. He put the datapad back in it's pouch at his belt and leaned back into his seat, watching those at the bar carefully.

46 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

On mobile, it splits the green part of this onto a different line, so it really looks like it's a red flip >>

And I was like

Spoiler

a-surprise-to-be-sure-but-a-welcome-one-

This is cruel and unusual >>

41 minutes ago, Ookla the Tall said:

Shining, ha! Now my vote does something! :D.

Me either :blink:

1 hour ago, Ookla the Tall said:

Been less engaged than normal, though idk why he’d draw attention to himself about it. Doesn’t really matter since this won’t kill him.

I had the tab open in the middle of class and realized others would see me there so I decided to draw attention to it before others did

I was also less engaged than normal in the LG so imo it's nai

30 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

On mobile, it splits the green part of this onto a different line, so it really looks like it's a red flip >>

And I was like

Reveal hidden contents

a-surprise-to-be-sure-but-a-welcome-one-

This is cruel and unusual >>

my thoughts exactly i logged onto the shard and was like ‘hey! that’s great!’ and then i was like ‘kas why ._.’

im assuming this has something to do with what happened last cycle? I’ll go read that but I need to work on this paper so it might be a bit, which really sucks. hopefully I’ll find some good time to put into se

Turtle was confused. Transports and X-wings were far more simple than people, and understanding people was harder than getting a stripped screw out of a hole.

Spoiler

rEiNdEeRs ArE bEtTeR tHaN pEoPlE

The cycle ended an hour earlier than I thought it would but my vote wouldn't have accomplished anything it seems. Someone moved a vote from Silho to Szeth, though it's unclear why since Silho wasn't in danger and both Jedi and Sith have better things to do when the vote isn't close. Maybe a Jedi who saw Mat's vote and wanted to make sure Szeth couldn't be saved if he was a Sith, or as Mat says someone who didn't see him retract and wanted to make sure Mad lived/Szeth died. Before that vote for Silho Mad was the better target to remove a vote from to kill Szeth, or xino before Fifth switched.

9 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Shining Silhouette

for the time being I'm going to assume the vote manip was an amateur move and go from there.

Who in your mind would have made an amateur move? That points to the more inexperienced, and assumes the manip was from the evil, which raises questions like why this amateur Sith’s teammates didn’t point out the amateurness of it.

10 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Shining Silhouette

for the time being I'm going to assume the vote manip was an amateur move and go from there.

If you're assuming this is something I would have done I'll correct you there—I am relatively new but I've been playing these games since August and wouldn't use manip on a move like this.

Dr. Dacken Humtumb was doing repair work on the spaceport comms array.

Well, perhaps repair work was an excessively charitable designation. He was ripping out parts from the scorched mess without much caution or subtlety. At least he had the good sense to disconnect the thing from its power source after getting electrocuted once. Hindsight and all that.

Something rustled in the vents, and from the shadows a pair of eyes shone with reflected light.

"Nova, my favorite gizka, I thought I made a nest for you in a cave outside the spaceport? How the Force did you even get back in here?! Nevermind that, get over here, it's been too long! So far, nobody else has shown up to help with the comms repairs. I'm left to my own devices, left to do all the important work by myself. Well, I don't need anyone else's help. They'd just get in my way. Anyways, would you be a dear and hand me those pliers?"

The reptile stared at him blankly.

"They're closer to yo-- Ugh, fine, I'll do it myself."

In a surprising show of nimbleness for a man of Dr. Dacken Humtumb's... Circumference... He jumped to his feet with the help of his walking cane and stalked over, picking up the tool and using it to wrest a half-melted circuit free. He chucked it into his satchel.

"Not much of this is salvageable, you know?" he complained. "I'd be surprised if I could get anything working from this rubbish. Maybe if we cannibalized other essential systems for more parts... Kinda feels like a bad idea now that I say it out loud, though."

Dacken hummed thoughtfully.

"...Maybe we should take apart one of the droids. Say, just for example, the HK exterminator unit."

Smarts snorted. “I could help with that.” He considered the comms unit. Though it wasn’t a droid, which was Smarts’ area of expertise, he could understand how it worked and what it would take to fix it. The mechanism was actually much simpler than many of the droids Smarts had worked on in the past. “Though unless you want to turn our comms unit somewhat murderous, I’m not sure it would help much.”

A comms unit with an extermination protocol would be funny, though.

Nodice shuffled his deck. It was a nervous habit of his, and he was certainly nervous now. People seemed to have moved past his sudden outburst yesterday, but he still wasn't sure they trusted him.

Well, maybe a game or two of sabacc would fix that up. He had some extra money he could afford to lose to lighten the mood a little bit. Wouldn't do him too much good if he were dead, after all. He inched over to the person sitting next to him and shuffled his deck a little bit louder in an unspoken invitation.

--

Anyone up for a game of sabacc with Nodice? :ph34r:

50 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Shining Silhouette

While this is a compelling theory, I don't know if I believe it. Also @Ookla the Tall if you are not voting Shining for that reason why are you voting them?

20 minutes ago, Ookla the Tall said:

Smarts snorted. “I could help with that.” He considered the comms unit. Though it wasn’t a droid, which was Smarts’ area of expertise, he could understand how it worked and what it would take to fix it. The mechanism was actually much simpler than many of the droids Smarts had worked on in the past. “Though unless you want to turn our comms unit somewhat murderous, I’m not sure it would help much.”

A comms unit with an extermination protocol would be funny, though.

"Hrm... A philosophical quandary, to be sure. Which is worse, a murderous comms unit or no comms unit at all?? How does a murderous comms unit go about committing murders when it has no body worth speaking of? These questions and more plague my thoughts."

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

Nodice shuffled his deck. It was a nervous habit of his, and he was certainly nervous now. People seemed to have moved past his sudden outburst yesterday, but he still wasn't sure they trusted him.

Well, maybe a game or two of sabacc would fix that up. He had some extra money he could afford to lose to lighten the mood a little bit. Wouldn't do him too much good if he were dead, after all. He inched over to the person sitting next to him and shuffled his deck a little bit louder in an unspoken invitation.

--

Anyone up for a game of sabacc with Nodice? :ph34r:

Dr. Dacken Humtumb started as the spacer loudly shuffled his cards behind them. When the Force had he gotten here? Last Dacken checked, the poor sap had been passed out in The Drunk Side. The Force and also alcohol worked in mysterious ways...

Well, Nodice didn't have a gambling problem. He could stop at any time. Nodice had said so, and why would Dacken doubt him on this? So surely there was no harm in taking a short break to play some cards. This whole comms business was making his head hurt.

Dacken sighed.

"Is it correllian rules, or classic?"

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

"Hrm... A philosophical quandary, to be sure. Which is worse, a murderous comms unit or no comms unit at all?? How does a murderous comms unit go about committing murders when it has no body worth speaking of? These questions and more plague my thoughts."

Dr. Dacken Humtumb started as the spacer loudly shuffled his cards behind them. When the Force had he gotten here? Last Dacken checked, the poor sap had been passed out in The Drunk Side. The Force and also alcohol worked in mysterious ways...

Well, Nodice didn't have a gambling problem. He could stop at any time. Nodice had said so, and why would Dacken doubt him on this? So surely there was no harm in taking a short break to play some cards. This whole comms business was making his head hurt.

Dacken sighed.

"Is it correllian rules, or classic?"

"Correllian Spike," replied Nodice, pulling his spike dice out of his pocket and shaking them for luck. "Anyone else?" he called.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

While this is a compelling theory, I don't know if I believe it. Also @Ookla the Tall if you are not voting Shining for that reason why are you voting them?

Last EoD it was a snap decision based on a stab of gut and a light activity profiling, but as that vote did effectively nothing I thought I’d cast it again :P.

So half a joke and half legitimate pressure. Or more like a quarter of a joke and three-quarters pressure.

58 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

“I’d imagine it’d shoot anyone who was reading a message not meant for themselves,” Smarts said gravely. “Or at least, that’s if it’s reasonable. It very well might just shoot anyone who tries to use it.”

Smarts paused. “Though, I don’t know how it’d get blasters,” he admitted. “Perhaps instead of shooting its victims, it shocks them with its power source instead. Either way, we’d be better off fixing it the old fashioned way.”

54 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Correllian Spike," replied Nodice, pulling his spike dice out of his pocket and shaking them for luck. "Anyone else?" he called.

“Count me out,” Smarts said hurriedly, before the man could rope him in. “I like my credits where they are— in my pocket.”

Edited by Ookla the Tall
Ninja’d by Drake

To be frank, Tantyck was a little shocked at how everyone was acting right after such a flashy kill. Sure, he’d seen more than his share of shootings in his time, but no preparation ever seemed to make it any less jarring.

Still, a game couldn’t hurt.

Tantyck sat down beside them all at the table, dropping a few credits to deal himself in.

I'm confused, probably because I'm not paying enough attention...

But @Ookla the Tall and @Ookla the [Redacted], what exactly is your reasoning for voting Silhouette?

Myhar watched a Sabbac game start at a nearby table. Most of those joining seemed to be offworlders, but he vaguely knew Dr. Dacken Humtumb; Myhar had asked him several questions about the ecological impact of the native gizka.

He hadn't played Sabbac in a long time, and didn't have any credits on him. But he did pull a chair a little closer to the table.

"Mind if I spectate?" he asked.

29 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

“I think we should change your name to Yesdice, friend,” Dacken chuckled. “It’s the classic rules that have Nodice.”

“Well, I’m game for anything. Smarts, you in?”

"What can I say? I like the way they rattle."

29 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

To be frank, Tantyck was a little shocked at how everyone was acting right after such a flashy kill. Sure, he’d seen more than his share of shootings in his time, but no preparation ever seemed to make it any less jarring.

Still, a game couldn’t hurt.

Tantyck sat down beside them all at the table, dropping a few credits to deal himself in.

"Welcome, welcome!" said Nodice, dealing Tantyck in. "Always welcome."

He finished dealing the cards and took a peek at his own. A red six and a red nine. He repressed a sigh - gotta keep that sabacc face - and turned to Dacken. "So," he asked. "What's been going on with comms? I've heard all sorts of things, half of which are too outlandish to believe."