11 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I did make a pretty jargon-y little post there at the bottom of the first page didn't I :thonk:

Sorry about that.

Well, feel free to ask about literally anything! I am happy to answer and I'd wager I aint the only one.

Also I don't believe we've met but you are RPing so that's pretty cool

I am Fadran. You may call me Fadran. I was about to assert that I've probably been here longer than you but then double-checked. Wowza you're OG.

4 hours ago, Kasimir said:

K, feeling slightly unwell and there's Germany v Spain soon, so breaking your usual GM announcement format to remind you:

Go Spain?  Is there a mechanic where if we pick the wrong team we get smited? :P 

I have reread the entire thread and have one (1) soft-village read (JNV) for suggesting a good strategy for the Jedi. I am also moderately positively disposed towards Devotary for consistently calling attention to the Sith vote manipulation potential, though because this is Devo, I am not sure whether to read this as “she’s thinking about this as a villager and staring down the barrel of the eight-vote gun” or “she’s an eliminator who is somewhat gleefully horrified with how much power is at her fingertips and wants to hedge her bets now.” 

Spoiler

AF89ACD4-412C-4FEF-9484-592E232D98C5.gif

Anyways, this much apathy towards the general populace is probably not a good thing. I will vote for Wizard for the crime of not having made a single post whose content I remembered. Whether this is my fault or his is largely immaterial right now. I kinda just want more people to talk :P 

Edited by Fifth Scholar

2 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

I am Fadran. You may call me Fadran. I was about to assert that I've probably been here longer than you but then double-checked. Wowza you're OG.

Makin me feel old over here :P

I am definitely not the oldest geezer in this game though, I think that distinction might belong to Alv or Hael. With Kas as a mention, the Honorability of which you can judge for yourself. Kas is very Honorable of course

My impression was you've been around the shard for a good while (or in the very least are prolific enough to give Sanderson an honest run for his money) but I dunno if I've seen you playing in Sanderson Elimination specifically b4

Usually I say hi to people I've never met in private messages, but those aren't allowed in this game, so I guess the thread is now audience /shrug

Knowing y'all, one of you has probably already formed a theory about how this post might be a faked plot to distance myself from Fadran and make you think we aren't in a doc together when we really are :P well there's nothing much I can do about that :P except maybe not say any of this and thereby draw attention to it, but where would be the fun in that

1 hour ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Bow down to SE, the old folks home of the shard. 

Krisbaan glanced disdainfully at a passing old man, hobbling along on his cane

48 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Makin me feel old over here :P

I am definitely not the oldest geezer in this game though, I think that distinction might belong to Alv or Hael. With Kas as a mention, the Honorability of which you can judge for yourself. Kas is very Honorable of course

Knowing y'all, one of you has probably already formed a theory about how this post might be a faked plot to distance myself from Fadran and make you think we aren't in a doc together when we really are :P well there's nothing much I can do about that :P except maybe not say any of this and thereby draw attention to it, but where would be the fun in that

That's because you are.

I see your feeble attempt at avoiding the Smite.

@Ookla the Tall, I see an opportunity for some good old paranoia. Just enough to meet your daily quota of course.

Hi I promise I’m still here. Was traveling yesterday and am kinda sick today but I think I can manage a post…

18 hours ago, Alvron said:

Let us not forget that I killed Zelda as well.  The elims did next to nothing. :P 
If you want me to pull another Link, you just need to ask. pKSxovjBfTFiaww-3c4-r37Oy565eYor0E3Q-_Zke1OKSxjB6DnmGOToBwkZ7DfPJUkiyfKgxDcmDH9jIRNiIvlS2D97NtxGDsZp-uo6Yml4FamVx9ca3PQsE3zbTtZGBupV2IUjzGHzRdlQpXXcmRqP-iDTMIIDm5rgiK4aABzzNq-Ggys7KChLGx_U

I don’t think anyone would be sad about that :P Though I don’t think the game mechanics allow for you to vig both Sith by N2, unfortunately.

15 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

Indignant Retort: Please provide for review your droid maintenance credentials before any further interactions with my systems should you with to keep that hand.

“A threat!” Smarts noted. “Ha! I could dismantle you before you could send a distress signal, droid. But here.” Smarts pulled out of his chest pocket a card, showing it to the droid. On the card was a dated picture of Smarts and his name. Nickname, anyway.

33 minutes ago, Ookla the Unknown said:

@Ookla the Tall, I see an opportunity for some good old paranoia. Just enough to meet your daily quota of course.

Oh gosh, don’t tempt me >> If I were to mention paranoia, though, it’d wouldn’t be on Drake, but Devo, for the repeated mentioning of the elim manip. Though it reminds me of during my BT when she kept mentioning how disadvantaged she thought the TDs were, and she wasn’t one of them.

Hael made his appearance among the meatbags, so I’ll change course and add some pressure to Madagascar.

(Also, to our lovely GM— as great as it was to have a VC fitting the RP formula, I failed to make sense of it without checking the player list five or so times, so may I request for you to include side-by-side with it one that has usernames, in future counts? :rolleyes:)

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Unknown said:

Let me know if you need any more of the good stuff, I know a guy.

And to clarify by "the good stuff" I mean good old paranoia, not death sticks. I am still unsure as to the sourcing of a death stick.

Hey, let's do a vote tally

Vote Tally
xinoehp512 (2): Ashbringer, Ookla the Omniscient
Madagascar (2): Haelbarde, Ookla the Tall
Alvron (1): DrakeMarshall
JNV (1): Ookla the Myopic
Ookla the Myopic (1): Fifth Scholar
ookla the POKE VOTE (1): Ookla the Debonair

My tallybot making mistakes due to Ookla season is probable and verging on inevitable, so let me know if and when you spot errors in my tally. However, I think it is broadly correct currently? I've at least gotten the bot to stop registering votes for Elbereth when El isn't in the game, so I'd call that progress.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

Didn't realize Xino had already been poked.

ummmm

Ventyl @Ventyl

Szeth I am now poking you!!!!!!!!!

At least I think you're Szeth. Are you?

Also, at the risk of opening up a can of worms, may I have a quick explanation of your reasoning for avoiding doubling up on a poke vote?

Okay, I'm late to the party because I was busy watching Andor all of yesterday and busy being sick all of today.

Um....no one is being really suspicious as of yet...we'll poke vote Ookla the Debonair/Silhouette because he doesn't have a poke vote yet. And because we all like poke voting people today, it seems.

Myhar Impay stood in the streets of Dreshdae, looking up at the bleak sky above. It's dry, ruddy color seemed to permeate every aspect of his life.

How long has it been since I've seen a blue sky...? Myhar wondered to himself.

A cool wind blew across the town, though it held little moisture. You couldn't study a planet for as long as Myhar had and not notice the weird things about it. Korriban was a desolate wasteland, for the most part; the few lifeforms that flourished were either incredibly resilient, or ferociously violent. Usually both.

Three of the world's seven moons hung in the sky above him, lit by the distant sun, Horuset. That was one of the nice things about Korriban; plenty to look at in the sky. It was one of Myhar's favorite things about the otherwise hostile planet. Yes, it had certainly grown on him, and the people of Dreshdae even more than the planet itself. But he still longed to leave, study more exotic worlds. The moons of Endor, perhaps, or the trenches on Mon Cala. He'd heard of a remote planet called Bogano that had a vibrant biosphere almost completely uncharted...

He shook his head. Maybe after another planetary year; Dreshdae still needed him. Perhaps he could consider leaving after he solved their water crisis, but before that? He needed to help these people. He couldn't just abandon them.

Myhar sighed and pulled out his comm to hail one of the local farmers, but for some reason, it wouldn't work.

Huh.

He tried contacting a few different people; nothing.

Myhar frowned. Then he started towards The Drunk Side.

He walked into the cantina. Myhar rarely ever came here for his own pleasure; he certainly didn't drink, but because his friends and colleagues did, he would often accompany them for conversation and laughter. And even if he wasn't doing that, The Drunk Side was a good place to gather information, whether from the locals whose tongues were loosed by the alcohol, or from offworlders with secrets to share.

After eavesdropping on a few conversations, Myhar settled into a table near the bar to think.

A Sith? Here? Then again, of all the places in the galaxy for a rough Jedi to pop up, Korriban was probably the one that made the most sense. Studying the planet's ecology...Myhar could tell something was off about the planet. He could feel it.

So, the Sith was causing a town-wide comms blackout. Great. And now people were pointing fingers, trying to figure out who the hidden Sith was.

If you really want to help these people right now, he thought, finding the Sith is your best course of action. 

Yes, I looked at the Wookiepedia article for Korriban to help me write that. So what?

23 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Szeth I am now poking you!!!!!!!!!

At least I think you're Szeth. Are you?

Also, at the risk of opening up a can of worms, may I have a quick explanation of your reasoning for avoiding doubling up on a poke vote?

I am Szeth :)

and I didn’t want to double up because there was someone else who hadn’t been poked yet and I wanted to diversify to maximize activity :P

2 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I have reread the entire thread and have one (1) soft-village read (JNV) for suggesting a good strategy for the Jedi. I am also moderately positively disposed towards Devotary for consistently calling attention to the Sith vote manipulation potential, though because this is Devo, I am not sure whether to read this as “she’s thinking about this as a villager and staring down the barrel of the eight-vote gun” or “she’s an eliminator who is somewhat gleefully horrified with how much power is at her fingertips and wants to hedge her bets now.” 

I personally don't think spamming apprentices is a good thing because of how much that lets the Sith cut down their Jedi search pool if even one Sith is inducted, disregarding any powers the Cultists might gain. I'm reading you worse than JNV for that since I'm fairly sure JNV believed that Reborn would be outed if the Jedi tried to apprentice them.

More "I approved a game where just two elims get six votes"

Getting closer, Tania! realized the pull felt similar to something she'd experienced right before she'd fallen asleep. She'd just killed a green-stick-prey with one swipe of her claws. It hadn't even put up a good fight, just stood there with one tiny fleshy hand outstretched. Its blue-stick companion, properly scaled and somewhat larger, though still very small, had screamed Tania! and charged her.

Instinctively raising her arm to intercept the stick's path, a sudden surge of almost prey-scent swirled around her and then her prey had suddenly been launched backwards into the cave's walls, dropping the stick whose color and sound vanished, as they did for all fallen prey. She hadn't had time to examine that feeling then, as her next actions were automatic, charging forwards to clamp teeth down on her prey's vulnerable neck when suddenly the blue stick was in her prey's clawed hand and then in her heart and then she was falling into a long, dreamless sleep, her final thought that she would honor her fallen prey by taking its last utterance for her own.

Recalling this now, Tania! tried to replicate the situation. Raising her arm did nothing, and she wasn't able to make the sounds her prey had. She'd killed plenty of blue-sticks before that last one so perhaps it had to be scaled prey? Whatever the case, fulfilling her purpose and exploring this unexplained phenomena might go claw in claw.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Tall said:

Hael made his appearance among the meatbags, so I’ll change course and add some pressure to Madagascar.

*Moff emits a fart, his tiny abdomen rippling unnaturally as his robes fly up in the back from the powerful gust*

”Oof! Careful with that pressure, you should be. So small, the next one might not end up… hrrrrm.”

*waves claw in front of him in an attempt to dissipate the stench, which only drives it directly into the nostrils of whoever this “ookla” fellow was as well as all fellow party members*

3 hours ago, Alvron said:

Go Spain?  Is there a mechanic where if we pick the wrong team we get smited? :P 

:( 

I wasn't hoping for much but dear Force Germany why :(

Can we please start with a target man this time? I know 9s aren't fashionable anymore, but good Lord.

3 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I am definitely not the oldest geezer in this game though, I think that distinction might belong to Alv or Hael.

I approve of this message :D

1 hour ago, Ookla the Tall said:

(Also, to our lovely GM— as great as it was to have a VC fitting the RP formula, I failed to make sense of it without checking the player list five or so times, so may I request for you to include side-by-side with it one that has usernames, in future counts? :rolleyes:)

Roger.

More faded flimsis plastered to the bulletin board of the Drunk Side:

feEling a little drainEd? 

Can'T GeT it GoiNg anYmoRe?

Comm <42069> noW foR WyRen's Ex0t1c El1x1rs - GuAranTeEd t0 SoLvE yoUr StaMinA pr0bL3ms & hElp yoU gEt yoUr votEs anD acT1oNs In!

Transport service. Extra for living cargo. Contact point third table left from the crooked support beam. Half upfront.

I liked the gizka in the stew but would prefer no more quokkas in the stew if we don’t need to put them in, thanks!

Korriban.PNG

I haven't been poked yet

Where's my poke :P

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

I am Szeth :)

Splendid, how have you been?

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

and I didn’t want to double up because there was someone else who hadn’t been poked yet and I wanted to diversify to maximize activity :P

Alright, I think I follow, however:

I would assume that a poke is a poke. It is not obvious to me how removing a vote from one player who hasn't posted, and adding it to a different player who hasn't posted, increases the amount of activity encouragement happening, since neither of them have posted and so both of them need encouraging equally as much.

However, there does seem to be a less savory possible motives to removing a doubled-up vote: if you perhaps wanted to avoid the attention of suggesting a leading voting train, for example due to being EVIL :P and therefore rightfully scared of the village mob :)

...or if both you and xino were on TEAM EVIL, and you were trying to create distance by voting for them, and therefore did not ever want xino to be in any real danger, because the vote was more performative than functional. Many such conspiracies possibilities loom large in the mind!

I am, most likely, very wrong about all this, since it is D1, but since it is D1, there is also precious little to discuss. In light of all this, I don't suppose you could see your way to elaborating on your explanation?

Familiar with all this jargon, Moff is not. Everyone’s long jargon filled posts, Moff gets headache reading. Any illusion of being able to unravel this mystery among us on the very first day of our journey, Moff knows better than to hope for.

Failed to convince Moff of their guilt, everyone has. Failed also to impress Moff of their innocence. Used to each other, you all seem to be. An outsider, Moff knows he is, and at a disadvantage at playing this “Meta-Game”…

Which is why Moff has spent the last 17 hours bobbing for Mandalorian toads in a barrel of Alderaanian whiskey, because that is a game he can win very well.

Suggestion: if to eliminate an individual today we are to do, one of the Ooklas we should pick off so that easier to keep things straight, it will be for Moff  (haha just kidding. but also seriously y’all 10 ooklas running around makes this thread a real headache to try to follow on mobile) 

Is eliminating a party member something we are obligated to do today? If vote no one does, and with no vote minimum, the Sith can pick off whoever they choose with their Force powers, can they not? Same as if the voter turnout low is left out? So make sense does it that whoever we eliminate should be by a decent margin, so that the Sith are not allowed to pick off whoever they choose? Make sense, does any of that?

Aware Moff is that he is currently in the lead to eliminated. Self preservation, his species is not known for.

20 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Splendid, how have you been?

Well, thank you.

20 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Alright, I think I follow, however:

I would assume that a poke is a poke. It is not obvious to me how removing a vote from one player who hasn't posted, and adding it to a different player who hasn't posted, increases the amount of activity encouragement happening, since neither of them have posted and so both of them need encouraging equally as much.

However, there does seem to be a less savory possible motives to removing a doubled-up vote: if you perhaps wanted to avoid the attention of suggesting a leading voting train, for example due to being EVIL :P and therefore rightfully scared of the village mob :)

...or if both you and xino were on TEAM EVIL, and you were trying to create distance by voting for them, and therefore did not ever want xino to be in any real danger, because the vote was more performative than functional. Many such conspiracies possibilities loom large in the mind!

I am, most likely, very wrong about all this, since it is D1, but since it is D1, there is also precious little to discuss. In light of all this, I don't suppose you could see your way to elaborating on your explanation?

1. That's exactly it, though: they both need encouraging equally as much. Since I would assume that having two votes on you would not encourage you to post twice as much, the rational decision would be to separate them: that way, your vote will have more impact.

2. All of this makes sense. If I wasn't me, I would vote me.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

Well, thank you.

1. That's exactly it, though: they both need encouraging equally as much. Since I would assume that having two votes on you would not encourage you to post twice as much, the rational decision would be to separate them: that way, your vote will have more impact.

2. All of this makes sense. If I wasn't me, I would vote me.

If I’ve been poked once and there’s someone sitting at 2+ votes, I have little incentive to respond. If someone doubles it up and puts me in a tie for the lead, I might get off my chull and post something :P Also, if you’re going to poke vote, don’t poke where you’re scared that the person you’re voting on might actually die. Your vote is a weapon of death. Use it as such. I, for one, am still interested in what Xino thinks about the current state of affairs (Wizard)

4 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

If I’ve been poked once and there’s someone sitting at 2+ votes, I have little incentive to respond. If someone doubles it up and puts me in a tie for the lead, I might get off my chull and post something :P Also, if you’re going to poke vote, don’t poke where you’re scared that the person you’re voting on might actually die. Your vote is a weapon of death. Use it as such. I, for one, am still interested in what Xino thinks about the current state of affairs (Wizard)

I guess this makes sense :shrug:

Well, thank you.

You're welcome :) But how are things going with you :P

Thank you for elucidating matters! And concisely at that. Jolly good show.

Okay, last and final question in Drake's D1 game show, I swear! :P

drumroll Here is ***THE FINAL QUESTION*** it is sadly not worth a million dollars, I do not have a million dollars

Q: So basically, you are saying that the pressure to be more active that is created by multiple votes is less than the sum of its parts?

I do think it's at least possible that the answer to that question might change depending on the person. It feels like somebody who is already very active probably would be physically incapable of doubling their activity, whereas somebody who hasn't posted anything can effectively increase their activity infinityfold by posting even once :P so that might be relevant to this idk