RP to come later, as I want to bounce off someone who knows the setting better than I do so I don’t want to go first :P And Smarts left, so I even have an in-world excuse.

Just reread the rules again, may have to do that frequently but that’s fine :P. Are we thinking two Cultists or one, plus the two evil Jedi?

Overrun us, these cultists have. Afraid, Morf is not. To the Drunk Side, come. The mental clarity we need to eliminate these foes, alcohol will give us.

(Genuine ancient Jedi wisdom I learned at the temple, that is. Well, until kicked out for using jedi mind tricks to get free drinks at the cantina, I was.)

*hiccup*

Lib Wubum walks into the bar, cursing, he straightens up.

"I am looking for a fellow by the name of Jede, though that may be a false name of their's."

Lib scans the room while fingering the tip of his Electropole.

"Anyone at all?"

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Tall said:

Just reread the rules again, may have to do that frequently but that’s fine :P. Are we thinking two Cultists or one, plus the two evil Jedi?

Three puts it to 16% of players while four puts it to 22%. I'd probably lean towards one, though I am not an expert on distro assumptions. I think only one because of the fact that the Sith only need to kill the two Jedi, so don't die Jedi.

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Three puts it to 16% of players while four puts it to 22%. I'd probably lean towards one, though I am not an expert on distro assumptions. I think only one because of the fact that the Sith only need to kill the two Jedi, so don't die Jedi.

To be fair, 22% is still a bit low for the 1/4 rule, but yeah there is the modified wincon. I should check the Zelda game’s elim distribution since I think they only had to kill Zelda to win, and iirc they had a normal ish sized team. I’d probably lean four elims total but I could see three.

Edit: Zelda game was kill Zelda and Link to win automatically, kill one to win at parity. Elims won with a 24% starting ratio by killing Zelda and Link both, and it went nine cycles so I think it was balanced alright. So I’m sticking with four as my guess. Granted that game had Alv as Link who wiped almost the entire elim team off the map but hey this game has Alv too :P 

Edited by Ookla the Tall

A high-pitched screeching, followed by an abruptly silenced engine stutter, were heard from within the bar. A faint shudder suggested that one of the walls had received a glancing blow from something which had managed to brake only at the last moment. Its owner could be guessed fairly easily, though, when Martano Hamartano swooped in with an almost royal air, and grabbed a shot from behind the counter over the sputtered protest of the bartender. “Thanks, Sahje,” he winked, then turned to face the small, subdued crowd which mostly seemed to avert their gazes. “Well?” he demanded. “Nothing worse than a comms disruption, eh? Cheer up, you lot. It’ll all clear over soon. I’ll see to it personally. We’ve got the best mechanics around, eh, eh?” He buffeted a drunk-looking midget on the back of the head. “And you, Moff, was it? Good title, that used to be. Well, get your syntax in order and the rest just kinda falls into place after that, y’know what I’m saying? Cheer up, cheer up. A Sith comes charging up, I put a blast through his skull. No better marksman around.” He flourished a double-barrelled blaster for all to see. A few ducked. He grinned again and slammed something in front of a now highly affronted Sahje which might pass for payment. “Well, anyone with an idea, come tell it to me. We gotta make things HAPPEN here, folks! And till then let’s not walk about with our tails between our legs.”

A note that due to Thanksgiving and friends and family I will be less active today and tomorrow.

Hello all! Don’t think I’ve played with a few of you before, so this should be a fun first experience. My only point of advice would really be that I am going to treat any public speculation on Jedi identity divorced from shrek discussion and/or claims as an automatic eliminator tell. Even if you’re a villager doing it to misdirect, it really does not pay to be giving the Sith any help with that. 

@Haelbarde Query: What is the protocol to fix a communications spike?

Kalabel was not a communications expert. Dusts, she wasn’t an expert in anything. Expertise requried experience, that was the constant drone of her teacher. Old Galtaran was a grump from the day he got left in Dreshdae by some pirate crew or another, but he’d singlehandedly also let the city cut down nearly a fifth of the droid imports. He said he saw a potential in Kalabel. She thought that he’d just gotten tired of being the single pair of hands.

There were a few other technicians out and about, of course. She was worjing on a the dust-choked treads of some old farming droid when she could see Smarts was wandering in and out of the local tavern, nearly running straight into Turtle. That was odd. Those two worked on different things. And the tavern itself seemed…

Far too quiet.

Kalabel furiously cleaned the farmer droid, then dashed for the Drunk Side, calling Bar-9 with her.

• Elandera locked and unpinned this topic

Hey everyone! I'm your IM this game. Feel free to come to me with anything, from venting to concerns about rules.

It looks like we have quite a few new and/or returning players. Just a reminder, head over to the General Rules thread if you need a refresher on the overall rules of SE. It covers topics from how to vote/unvote, editing posts, and sharing information from places outside the thread.

As always, have fun unaliving everyone playing, everyone!

29 minutes ago, Madagascar said:

Hrrmmm. Know what you people are talking about, I do not. “Modified wincon,” what is? Some kind of exotic mixed drink?  One I will have.

… Or two. Hmm.

I just meant that the elims don’t have to get parity or outnumber like normal— just kill the two Jedi Knights.

Brb, reading the rules again. Will be back w/insight :P

Edit: Even with the unorthodox wincon, I still think 16% feels... low. I think that we should assume two Cultists to be safe, since underestimating the number of them could be bad.

Edited by Ookla the Omniscient

Hi all!

As stated, rule clarifications will be shared in the thread, and then updated into that collection box in the second post at every cycle. For now, these are your rule clarifications:

• Jedi Knights are not included in the Apprentice doc. It's called student-teacher privacy, y'all >>
  • PMs are closed. That means you can't open PMs that are not your GM PM for the duration of this game. I know, it's odd, given I'm the GM, but what can I say. Remember, your comms infrastructure just got attacked :eyes: Why would your comlinks work?

2 hours ago, Ookla the Tall said:

To be fair, 22% is still a bit low for the 1/4 rule, but yeah there is the modified wincon. I should check the Zelda game’s elim distribution since I think they only had to kill Zelda to win, and iirc they had a normal ish sized team. I’d probably lean four elims total but I could see three.

Edit: Zelda game was kill Zelda and Link to win automatically, kill one to win at parity. Elims won with a 24% starting ratio by killing Zelda and Link both, and it went nine cycles so I think it was balanced alright. So I’m sticking with four as my guess. Granted that game had Alv as Link who wiped almost the entire elim team off the map but hey this game has Alv too :P 

There was a ZELDA GAME that I WASN'T TOLD ABOUT????????????

Two cultists are more likely than one, since they don't need to be killed to win and only contribute a vote unless they're apprenticed or successored. That would give the elims eight votes total if they don't kill, six if they do, and more if cultists get their hands on vote manipulation. Jedi Mind Trick or Push can help against that, but can't be counted on.

Tania! awoke to hunger, stronger than it had ever been, the only thing that could have dragged her out of millennia of restorative slumber. The dark side waxed strong once again on Korriban, bringing with it the familiar need to hunt down and destroy its enemies, but also something new. A pull, not quite a scent, pulling her to a collection of prey but not bringing with it the desire to kill or feed. Strange, as was the way the feeling flowed and eddied around those prey, a if diluted or distributed or perhaps unsure. This was the first time Tania! had ever felt unsure of anything, a problem that couldn't be solved with claws or teeth or venomous tusks. The only solution was to follow this pull to the center, so she headed towards where the flow was strongest.

hihihi rp coming later i’m still in the car :/

but uh let’s see

Turtle sighed, fiddling with his  comm. He could fix a Z-95 Headhunter with busted inertial dampeners, he should be able to fix a broken comm. He were a mechanic, for Force’s sake!

edit: in case anyone was debating claiming, don’t claim. don’t even claim vt, the jedi knights need cover.

Edited by ookla the POKE VOTE

***Reads List***

Spoiler

1. JNV
2. Ashbringer
3. The Unknown Novel
4. Matrim's Dice
5. Devotary of Spontaneity
6. xinoehp512
7. DrakeMarshall
8. Haelbarde
9. The Wandering Wizard
10. The Bookwyrm
11. Fifth Scholar
12. Ventyl
13. Shining Silhouette
14. Szeth Pancakes
15. Madagascar
16. Channelknight Fadran
17. ookla the POKE VOTE
18. Alvron

Alvron hello! :) It feels like its been a while and it is a pleasure to see you

Also, I am voting for you

Would you find a lack of faith disturbing?

Edit: Also, have at least a bit of analysis before I go do something else for a bit

2-3 elims cultists is most probable, it being around 25% of the players and all

However, the part of this discussion that is actually specific to this game is that the balance of this game is not quite as susceptible to the number of cultists as it normally would be. Since the village win condition is just to slay the sith. So I think a broader range is possible, maybe between 1 and 4 cultists is conceivable

But it also isn't quite as important for us to figure out. (The number of cultists still is important for determining elim thread control and voting power, though, so I wouldn't call it irrelevant... Just not quite as pressing)

Regardless let's go with 3 for now, estimate possibly to be revised at a later time

Edited by DrakeMarshall
cultists not elims

Man… it really does hit you when you realize just how little of this language you actually speak.

To think… here of all places…

A sith? Really? Though he really ought not to be surprised. He knew well enough that this sort of place was a melting pot for scum and backstabbers. And it was rather like him to get wound up in these situations anyways.

”As it stands, we haven’t any clue as to who’s friend and who’s foe,” Tantyck said, though neither term really made sense here. Friends nor enemies were quite abundant here. “But we ought to be narrowing down our focus regardless.”

On any other planet it’d be ‘impolite’ to start throwing out accusations already. But, of course… this wasn’t any other planet.

Tantyck scanned the room, then set his eyes on the droid mechanic.

”Smarts,” he said, voice still as level as always. “You’ve been uncharacteristically quiet.”

Matrimget poked I guess

Edited by Ookla the [Redacted]

2 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Two cultists are more likely than one, since they don't need to be killed to win and only contribute a vote unless they're apprenticed or successored. That would give the elims eight votes total if they don't kill, six if they do, and more if cultists get their hands on vote manipulation. Jedi Mind Trick or Push can help against that, but can't be counted on.

Tania! awoke to hunger, stronger than it had ever been, the only thing that could have dragged her out of millennia of restorative slumber. The dark side waxed strong once again on Korriban, bringing with it the familiar need to hunt down and destroy its enemies, but also something new. A pull, not quite a scent, pulling her to a collection of prey but not bringing with it the desire to kill or feed. Strange, as was the way the feeling flowed and eddied around those prey, a if diluted or distributed or perhaps unsure. This was the first time Tania! had ever felt unsure of anything, a problem that couldn't be solved with claws or teeth or venomous tusks. The only solution was to follow this pull to the center, so she headed towards where the flow was strongest.

Devotary