5 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

You win most perceptive Elim, definitely. Good work ferreting out the gambit, even if you didn’t act on it. Mind elaborating why you were thinking Mads over Joe? Drake and I kinda just assumed we were linked with an iron chain and super obvious partners but clearly y’all thought otherwise :P 

I mean, the first thing I thought was that Mads was completely new, then you mentioned that they weren't and were a returning player, which would line up with the returning Sith!Hael (yes Drake is returning, but they've been around a bit more than Mads/Hael). That, and Drake made a more dangerous person to clear as Village and was being quite active, which made sense for the Jedi to try and clear over Mads (or me, which I never really thought much of besides voting you + being a bit odd about some things). Thought one Jedi would be a bit more under the radar, which is another reason I believed Alv would be good. Also also Alv was a power role in the LG that I'm running and wasn't dead and flipped for most of this game, which made theorizing about him difficult :P but that game's still going so can't say too much. So a mix of Alv and Mads fitting my idea of where to look for Jedi and Drake not so much.

And lastly I was tired and panicking slightly and didn't want to overthink things :P

I did nail one of the clears was an Apprentice, as that's the only way you could get a 3rd clear is if you made an apprentice and knew their action was used - although my main hypothesis was one of you got redirected rather than Alv successfully Protecting.

Now what to do with Kalabel... I've got a few ideas :ph34r:

(She's not Faleast by the way. Only a few things would have made that a reality. Mainly a duel with Terantatek!Devo lol.)

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I mean, the first thing I thought was that Mads was completely new, then you mentioned that they weren't and were a returning player, which would line up with the returning Sith!Hael (yes Drake is returning, but they've been around a bit more than Mads/Hael). That, and Drake made a more dangerous person to clear as Village and was being quite active, which made sense for the Jedi to try and clear over Mads (or me, which I never really thought much of besides voting you + being a bit odd about some things). Thought one Jedi would be a bit more under the radar, which is another reason I believed Alv would be good. Also also Alv was a power role in the LG that I'm running and wasn't dead and flipped for most of this game, which made theorizing about him difficult :P but that game's still going so can't say too much. So a mix of Alv and Mads fitting my idea of where to look for Jedi and Drake not so much.

This right here is exactly why I went for the distro I did, to be honest, especially on the Elim side :P

One comment I'll make that I forgot to: the tricky thing about this game is the GM has to be a bit selective because an inactive Desann Reborn or Jedi really screws the game over, so I did look among rands for players I trusted not to go inactive, and who would enjoy RP as they were likely to initiate duels.

That's easy to guess, so in a rerun, I'd advise mixing it up and strongly advising players not to sign up if they can't commit.

Kalabel did not get far before collapsing to the floor.

What had she done?

That thing. It had promised her so much. So much power. So much strength. So much rage, rage that would burn the fear away.

All she needed to do was listen.

And in the end what had it given her? Scars. Scars and a dead Jedi.

She had been barely in control at the end. Spending days toying with the artifact, satisfying that tinkering part of her brain.

Letting the darker part of it look for those who'd recognized it.

But she ignored that part. Until it took over. Taught her things she didn't even know she was capable of.

Guided her hand. Guided her right to HK-47 and Wubum. Her other teachers.

She hadn't acted until recently. But she'd done enough.

The pyramid made her so angry, at whatever was in her way. At Hamartano. Sajhe. Nees. 

Galtaran.

Galtaran...

No.

No no no no no no no no no no.

It had been when she'd just found the artifact. Been speaking to it for a while. She just didn't know it yet.

She'd just come back from a trip. Fixed a water filtration system. Barely even a droid.

It had needed an extra part she hadn't thought of. It happened. It was annoying, but it happened.

Galtaran had been drinking again. Yelled at her. Like he had a thousand times. Because drilling in mistakes was how he taught.

And she'd been so angry.

And then nothing.

And then she'd felt so... much... better.

Kalabel stopped holding back the tears. Fists clenched as tight as she could. She didn't know. Dust this dusting planet she didn't still even know. But did she need to? She'd been so close to killing Nees. Watched as Smarts went around killing too. She'd been the first one to suggest going after Turtle, so Smarts and her'd be the only repair people in the port. She'd been conscious when she'd done that. It made her feel better. Hurting Nees, watching him dying on the ground, it had made her feel better too. It had always made her feel better. But now that the holocron was gone it... watching Nees die from what she'd done just made her feel like she'd been shattering her soul.

She hadn't spoken to Galtaran in weeks. Hadn't heard anything back. 

He'd done that before. But not often. He usually checked back in with jobs.

Really he was checking in on her.

She didn't need to remember. She knew. And even if she was wrong it didn't matter because she would have.

Sajhe was wrong about her.

She was a killer.

Kalabel lay there for a long while. The others didn't make any move to condemn or comfort her. Sajhe had probably told them to leave her alone. 

That was probably for the best.

She would just hurt them too.

Eventually the tears ran out. Kalabel sat up. Looked around her.

Nees' robes still were stretched across the ground, marred with burns from where she had stabbed and sliced him. 

The obliterated remains of Bar9 were next to it. The poor droid had just been programmed and reprogrammed to help the Sith. Hide her holocron.

Nees' lightsaber was nowhere to be seen. But HK's, the one she'd used... it was sitting under a piece of Bar9's rubble.

What did she do now?

She couldn't go back. Even if she was wrong, and Galtaran was alive.

So the other option. Find a ship. Get out of here.

Her hand hurt.

Kalabel looked at her hands. Noting the blood dripping from where she'd dug her nails in. But there was too much.

She opened her palm.

A small, red, glowing little triangle shone back at her. A fragment of the holocron.

She didn't feel any presence from it. But there was power.

She pulled it out of her flesh, ignoring the pain. Held it.

She tried to throw it away. She really, really tried.

But there was no try. And she did not. She wasn't strong enough.

She reached out her other hand, and the Sith saber snapped back into her grasp.

She'd find a ship of this accursed planet. Find a way to pay for what she'd done. Find a way to start again.

Maybe one day she'd face that part of her, the part that kept her from getting rid of those things.

But for now... she couldn't.

11 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Okay I just had the Worst Gambit Idea™ for this game.

1. Have one Jedi challenge the other Jedi to a duel.
  2. Whoever wins, pretend to be a normal villager who got incorrectly targeted by the Jedi. Become "cleared" of being a Jedi for life.
  3. Somehow avoid getting lynched by the village, who just saw somebody kill one of the Jedi.
  4. ???
  5. Profit.

Tremble in fear of my brilliant stratagems, and be glad that I did not think of this during the game

10 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

We should be evil/Jedi together, because I started to consider the same sort of thing myself during the game. :ph34r:

We should be Evil/Jedi together because I thought about it too, but #3 is the rough part.

Wait no.

We should be Jetii together. I do not accept being Evil, dar'manda, or dar'jetii >>

• Elandera unlocked and locked this topic

Congratulations to the village for winning, and thank you to Kasimir for running the game!

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, Elandera, or StrikerEZ, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion ThreadNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Archer, and Kasimir) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: