1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Can murder the people in the bar. Got it. :ph34r:

I can neither confirm nor deny that I am apparently encouraging bad habits unbecoming of a good Villager in you >>

Edited by Kasimir

Nalan Dicaeo stood wearily in his field, leaning on an old implement and shielding his eyes against the red glare of the sun. Dreshdae was normally quiet at this hour, no soul bothering to cross the desert expanse which he laboured over, painstakingly, to grind out his daily bread. He sighed and dug it into the soil again, churning up yet more sand. It was necessary to clear some of that out of the way before he tried to plant - even those crops which tolerated the dust clouds which it kicked up couldn’t absorb water fast enough if the soil wasn’t at least somewhat thicker.

A faint humming noise shook Nalan out of his reverie. It seemed to be coming from the west. He peered into the dying sunlight, and swore as he saw a faint black speck against it, growing alarmingly larger. The hum of some infernal engine grew suddenly as he heard a loud “YAHOOOO!” and the sound of a blaster discharging. Two shots, and the tops of two of his fence-posts behind him went up in smoke, sending the barrier crashing to the ground. He threw himself to the side just in time as a wild-eyed figure on a swoop bike launched himself off a short ledge with a hearty bellow, jumping one side of his plot’s fence and trampling a row of his mushrooms as he cruised through the newly made hole on the other side. A whirl of dust later, and he was lost to sight.

“The Force forsake that man,” Nalan spat. “Hamartano will be shot dead in a week, if he keeps this up, and I won’t be taking the blast.”

Signing up as Martano Hamartano, a marksman and Swoop Ganger still working on his aim who intends to bring his vivacious spirit and reckless disregard for the law to bear against the Sith and the forces of evil in the valley which is, of course, his natural domain. Nalan Dicaeo, a Farmer, may make an occasional guest appearance.

9 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I'd say use the canon you know as a crutch. Ultimately the result will be a mix of Disney and Legends canon but frankly, in SE games, it's a mix of Sanderson canon and player canon anyway and no one's complaining.

...So what you're saying is my character can be a pureblood Sith and no-one will complain. Totally not what I was already secretly going to do. 

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

...So what you're saying is my character can be a pureblood Sith and no-one will complain. Totally not what I was already secretly going to do. 

Yeah basically. 

Is this tacit confirmation you were really playing Cad Bane and Grogu in a trenchcoat? :eyes:

Edited by Kasimir

7 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I can neither confirm nor deny that I am apparently encouraging bad habits unbecoming of a good Villager in you >>

Incredulous Query: You expect me to be an example of an upstanding citizen that doesn't shoot... bzzt Gizka in the bar?

14 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Seriously, I promise you you can RP a guy who swings around a giant Shardblade and summons random terentatek-eating chasmfiends when he burps and it will be okay :P

This setting material I'm throwing out is a starting point, especially for those who know those stuff. I will absolutely go with what you guys give me, that's the point of how I'm aiming to set up the GMing this time around. I do ask y'all not murder Sajhe or something as I have something in mind for him, but other than that I'm fine.

My canon/non-canon warnings are really more because I've been on a couple of sites where fans of different eras and continuities can't get along, so truth to be told, I wanted to nip that in the bud here :P

Case in point: 

I currently have players signing up as, and yes I'm calling people out here :eyes:

-A Gungan bounty hunter
-A hunter-killer droid 
-A terentatek! A freakin' terentatek! This thing right here!

Hide contents

b9f41f435f675d3c812493f23b33adf4--star-w

I am going to have to figure out how a terentatek gets exed, how a blaster-wielding droid can use the Force, or how a Gungan bounty hunter is really a Jedi in disguise (ok I'll be fair, this one is not as hard.) Or what happens if a Jedi or a Reborn decides to duel a normal Settler/Cultist >>

And this is fine. I have plans for each of those contingencies (I do have an inner Steris, I'll admit, though Wyrm accuses me of being spiritually Marasi :P ) - I'm your GM, it's my job to make it work. It does help if y'all help me by not picking really, really hard things, but Danex signed up as a horse before, it was fine, we've had players get exed by a horse before, also fine.

If anyone gives you hell about picking non-canon things, @ my IM. @Elandera is good people and it will be Okay.

Just have fun >>

One of the most fun death writeups I ever wrote was for a player who signed up for my Kingkiller Chronicle intricately lored game as literally just an honest-to-God squid, so

yeah! this tbh

please do not take this as encouragement to pick the character premise that deliberately turns the screws on kas as much as possible

even if it would be very, very funny

Edited by DrakeMarshall

6 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

Incredulous Query: You expect me to be an example of an upstanding citizen that doesn't shoot... bzzt Gizka in the bar?

Firm Instruction: Yes. I have a pacifist module, if you force my hand.

5 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Grogu is Baby Yoda, right? I only know the movies and the not so quick Google search I made before I posted my character.

Yes :P I had to flaunt my Disney credentials to reassure people.

5 hours ago, Ventyl said:

I will make my glorious return as Ibonek Naw-ibo, A Dude In The Wrong Place, who totally does not have a Shardblade.

Reveal hidden contents

He Is Risen!

Welcome back!

2 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

One of the most fun death writeups I ever wrote was for a player who signed up for my Kingkiller Chronicle intricately lored game as literally just an honest-to-God squid, so

I recall Fifth and Devo having to write a death write-up for a steel squid statue so the tradition is going very well!

Edited by Kasimir

22 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

Supplication: Perhaps it would be best if you desisted your efforts for the moment, murde... I mean utility droid that looks oddly intimidating. This seems to be going nowhere.

12 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Supplication: Perhaps it would be best if you desisted your efforts for the moment, murde... I mean utility droid that looks oddly intimidating. This seems to be going nowhere.

Irritated Statement: Ah, the meatbag mocks my superior speech patterns. It must be afraid that I might decide on a more direct approach to Gizka culling. 

I find it very hard to not come across as rude while RPing as a HK droid. Please let me know if it's a problem in particular and I'll try and adjust.

To be clear, a notable feature of HK units is starting many sentences by vocalising what the sentence is: Query, Statement, Recitation, etc. So that's part of the RP as being a HK droid, but not necessary when addressing him. Galactic Standard is ideal, but your own tongue is fine.

Another notable feature of HK droids is that the original HK-47 model was programmed to refer to people as "Meatbags". So if I use the term, it's just the designation of lifeform. Consider it a form of endearment if you will. It's probably not intentionally meant to be insulting.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Haelbarde said:

It's probably not intentionally meant to be insulting.:ph34r:

Observation: This HK unit says 'probably.'

Rumination: Does it intend to go about traumatising my players? :ph34r:

Edited to add: @Haelbarde - our respective ages are probably showing, but. Ah let's do it this way. Ahem.

Gentle Admonition: I recognise we are both ancient, fellow HK unit, but it is advisable to recall that blue text is now only used for OOG talk, specifically when you are referring to RL circumstances that prevent you from play. OOC talk is usually just not marked separately anymore, though I have found [OOC: Stuff] and [OOC: Stuff] and [OOC: Stuff] to be acceptable replacements. YMMV. :P 

Edited by Kasimir

21 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Observation: This HK unit says 'probably.'

Rumination: Does it intend to go about traumatising my players? :ph34r:

Edited to add: @Haelbarde - our respective ages are probably showing, but. Ah let's do it this way. Ahem.

Gentle Admonition: I recognise we are both ancient, fellow HK unit, but it is advisable to recall that blue text is now only used for OOG talk, specifically when you are referring to RL circumstances that prevent you from play. OOC talk is usually just not marked separately anymore, though I have found [OOC: Stuff] and [OOC: Stuff] and [OOC: Stuff] to be acceptable replacements. YMMV. :P 

Thankful Acceptance: Your update to my faulty memory core is appreciated, Master.

Incautious Statement: This statement is false.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:56 PM, Haelbarde said:

Irritated Statement: Ah, the meatbag mocks my superior speech patterns. It must be afraid that I might decide on a more direct approach to Gizka culling. 

What, me? Mock you? Care about you violently and heartlessly murdering taking a more direct approach to dealing with my babies the Gizka menace?

Of course not! Nervous laughter

I want to make it very clear that I would not possibly stand anywhere within twenty meters of a location that one might construe as being in your way.

As a peace offering, perhaps I can help point you in the right direction to find some of those darned gizka for you to stamp out.

Spoiler

7BtKADF.png

On 11/20/2022 at 6:56 PM, Haelbarde said:

To be clear, a notable feature of HK units is starting many sentences by vocalising what the sentence is: Query, Statement, Recitation, etc. So that's part of the RP as being a HK droid, but not necessary when addressing him. Galactic Standard is ideal, but your own tongue is fine.

In the spirit of abundant clearness, my previous message was a very near copy of

Spoiler

the snarky dialogue HK-47 gives you after failing the check to make repairs on them in KOTOR

in the hypothetical scenario where you played the game, tried to do repairs on HK-47, and didn't happen to spec into the relevant skills, you would potentially get that particular dialogue message a lot

Edited by DrakeMarshall
the spacing decisions the forum makes when formatting posts is sometimes an engima

7 hours ago, ookla the POKE VOTE said:

sorry, im going to be busy while this game runs so im not going to be able to play! i’ll take spec doc, and maybe rp in the doc if i can because i really do like this game’s mechanics :(.

No problem, shifted!

Edited: Oh dear Force I forgot this is my first time dealing with Ooklas. I feel Wyrm's pain now.

I will take my policy from Wyrm:

Also, I note that once more, it is my burden to bear Ookla Season. I have no idea how the mods are going to handle it this year, but at the very least I want everyone who takes part to set their title to their previous name and for everyone to refer to themselves and the other players as their normal name.

Essentially, please use normal/RP name when referring to each other, I'm not accepting any Ookla votes, and if you'd be so kind, if you're a playing Ookla who also has a different profile picture, then please set your member title to your previous name so I know who you are at one glance. If you have the same profile picture, then that's fine, I'll remember you anyway.

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:
Spoiler

in the hypothetical scenario where you played the game, tried to do repairs on HK-47, and didn't happen to spec into the relevant skills, you would potentially get that particular dialogue message a lot

Did you go into Demolitions instead :eyes:

Edited by Kasimir

2 hours ago, Madagascar said:

*short green alien rolls out from under the table where he has been lying unconscious in a drunken stupor*

Moff, my name is.  Deadbeat Jedi dropout, I am.  Too hard, Jedi school was. Come to party, have I.  Hmmmmm.

Welcome back, Scar! :D I don't recall if we overlapped too often in play periods but your AG3 RP is the stuff of legend!