Assessment: The recent flurry of conversation has adjusted the temperature of the room. Scanning...

Information: I have compiled the following Vote Tally

Vote Tally
Shining Silhouette [Debonair] (0): Matrim's Dice [Tall]{1}, Channelknight Fadran [Redacted]{1}, DrakeMarshall{2}
The Bookwyrm [Perpetual] (0): Channelknight Fadran [Redacted]{2}
Fifth Scholar (3): Ashbringer{1}, The Bookwyrm [Perpetual]{1}, Xinoehp512 [Forgotten]{1}, Shining Silhouette [Debonair]{1}, Channelknight Fadran [Redacted]{3}
The Wandering Wizard [Myopic] (0): DrakeMarshall{1}, Madagascar{1}
Channelknight Fadran [Redacted] (1): Fifth Scholar{1}, Fifth Scholar{2}
Xinoehp512 [Forgotten] (2): Haelbarde{1}, Madagascar{2}, Matrim's Dice [Tall]{2}
Haelbarde (1): Xinoehp512{2}*
Turtle [Poke Vote] (1): DrakeMarshall{3}

Translation: Here is the same tally formatted to just show the current state of voting.

Vote Tally
Fifth Scholar (2): Ashbringer, The Bookwyrm [Perpetual], Xinoehp512 [Forgotten]*
Xinoehp512 [Forgotten] (2): Haelbarde, Matrim's Dice [Tall]
Channelknight Fadran [Redacted] (1): Fifth Scholar
Haelbarde (1): Xinoehp512 [Forgotten]*
Turtle [Poke Vote] (1): DrakeMarshall

Explanation: To all you meatbags who have not been on the receiving end of one of my... bzzt vote tallies, I like to track the movement of votes over time, as indicated by the {#} appended to each vote. 

Addendum: I do not see a formal retraction of Xinoehp512 [Forgotten]'s vote from Fifth Scholar before voting for myself. In the time I come from, that would be regarded as their vote remaining of Fifth Scholar as the earliest unretracted vote. However, I know that is not necessarily the standard operating protocol any longer, and would like clarification on that ruling Master. @Kasimir

Edited by Haelbarde
Fixed formatting to be consistent

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

what do you all have to say about that

Not much currently, just trying not to procrastinate and failing.

12 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

what do you all have to say about that

Are you suggesting a contribution crusade.

I don't really like the idea of a contribution crusade as it can provide information, but it only gives information a cycle earlier than the filter killing them. I do suppose it could be usefull to kill a possible elim before they are replaced by a active player. The flip would also provide some info, but I need to re-read the thread before I choose to go either way. The hand scales need fine tuning and I need sleep before I paranoidly make a decision.

1 hour ago, Haelbarde said:

Addendum: I do not see a formal retraction of Xinoehp512 [Forgotten]'s vote from Fifth Scholar before voting for myself. In the time I come from, that would be regarded as their vote remaining of Fifth Scholar as the earliest unretracted vote. However, I know that is not necessarily the standard operating protocol any longer, and would like clarification on that ruling Master. @Kasimir

My current ruling is I count the last red vote. I'd prefer you retract for my sanity, but in practice these days, last red is what counts, especially in a pinch.

I went to sleep and I see the thread just exploded. My inner Villager is pleased, my inner GM just blinks at the thread and goes 'wha- wha- happened...?'

Look, y'all can have a vote count later, but I need a bit of time to get my thoughts straight I literally just woke up but I think this new batch of medications are a tad stronger.

Hi sorrry for not existing yesterday but I exist now so Im getting really wobbly feelings off Fadran but Ill give them a new player pass for like another cycle it feels a bit like culture shock but like weird opinions with litle to no backing and all that is a bit wobbly

Ive read the thread like three times now and the only thing thats sticking out to me is the run of early bad Fifth votes I feel like I can get Ashbringers Bookkwyrms feels almost typical for them kinda which is a little concerning but oh well and like Im a little ambivalent between xinoehp and Silhouette but Im about to sleep and I dont have time or energy to actually evaluate things so xinoehp over Silhouette mostly because Id be very upset if Fifth died for reasons ammounting to nothing

Good night for the less saber inclined evil quokkas heres a knife quokka

Spoiler

EOUVBDSUEAEBP9g.jpg.cac82b898f155c6af80a65760f3496dd.jpg

2 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

Explanation: To all you meatbags who have not been on the receiving end of one of my... bzzt vote tallies, I like to track the movement of votes over time, as indicated by the {#} appended to each vote. 

Tbf, I think if they've played with me, they're used to it :P I used to do it in Kas<1>, Kas<2> format, though these days I do long evolving vote tallies instead as I prefer to follow them live.

Yet another flimsi on the noticeboard at the Drunk Side:

Xino (3): JNV, Mat, Hael
Fifth (2): Ash, Bookwyrm
Hael (1): Xino
Fadran (1): Fifth
Turtle (1): Drake

Slightly over eleven hours to the end of the cycle!

Just now, Kasimir said:

Tbf, I think if they've played with me, they're used to it :P I used to do it in Kas<1>, Kas<2> format, though these days I do long evolving vote tallies instead as I prefer to follow them live.

Yet another flimsi on the noticeboard at the Drunk Side:

Slightly over eleven hours to the end of the cycle!

Recollection: I believe I may have be inspired to track votes in that manner by your doing so first, before adapting my own formatting to it.

You know @DrakeMarshall I would much rather vote Shining than Fifth. (Hael)

(Also the rules I'm looking at for Sabacc don't have the third card you mentioned so I think it would be good if you narrated that.)

Shining (1): Xino

Okay, turns out Engineering is going to take up all of my time and then some. 

Fifth. I had reasons for that vote, but they weren't reasons of suspicion, and of the several votes that followed I'm pretty sure none had reasons, which... I do not like. Plus Fifth got pressured enough that assuming we both survive I can at least look at something. I'm not going to replace my vote just yet, as I don't really have the time to think a target over, but I could be convinced to go on Xino or Shining. I should be on at End of Day, if not for long. Wednesdays are busy too.

4 hours ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

You know @DrakeMarshall I would much rather vote Shining than Fifth. (Hael)

(Also the rules I'm looking at for Sabacc don't have the third card you mentioned so I think it would be good if you narrated that.)

Shining (1): Xino

I don't know how I feel about you soliciting this vote specifically from me, but you know what, sure.

Shining Silhouette.

Edit: It's a bit late (early? :P) for me rn. I want to do the next RP installment in our Sabacc game but I also want to sleep rn........

Edited by DrakeMarshall

GM Announcement!

Please be reminded that the cycle ends in five standard hours! (That's Singaporean hours, not Galactic standard, for those of you who want to be cheeky.)

Get those votes and actions in!

Fifth (1): Bookwyrm
Shining (2): Xino, Drake

There is a slight chance I might not be quite on time to close the cycle due to IRL stuff; if so, I will get an old friend to help me do so. The cycle will begin as soon as I can get it up, it will probably take some finagling but it will be done in as timely a fashion as I can and I'll just edit in the write-up afterwards if I must.

Also of your courtesy:

Anyone have an idea what is worth eating in the set of <rogan josh, turkish, pizza>? Heading out to get a treat with some buddies and I haven't a clue what to go for. It be my birthday but I'm apparently too tired and overworked to figure things out.

Edited by Kasimir

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Okay, turns out Engineering is going to take up all of my time and then some. 

This but Old English for me >>

Assortment of thoughts on recent developments: I do not know what I think about Xino specifically requesting a Shining Exe, rather than adding his vote back to me. It seems that nobody is interested in Fadran, which is probably fair, and my vote on him has largely served its purpose anyway. Right now there have been a lot of retractions and a general unwillingness to commit to someone, which is normally a bad sign indicating the Elims are not under much pressure, or that the village is listless, which feels equally bad. I did my promised reread last night when I took a break from responding to the thread, and got frustratingly little out of it other than a reminder that Wizard is avoiding scrutiny that was on him previously, and that there are quite a few people getting away with minimal posting. Ultimately, Shining’s votes have seemed actively worse to me than Xino’s, so I will vote there out of the two current options. Drake is asleep, but I would like to know if @Devotary of Spontaneity or @Alvron or @ookla the POKE VOTE have opinions on Xino’s persistence as a candidate, whether last cycle or this one, and whether voting him out would yield substantially more information than Shining or Wizard.

55 minutes ago, Ookla the Tall said:

xino, Shining. Although the part of me that notices that Shining refuses not to be chill about this doesn’t like it :P.

How???

This is very similar to how V!Shining acts often times.

He tends to make snarky comments

V!Shining LG90

versus

E!Shining QF62

Which I will admit is much earlier and he hasn't been evil since. But generally V!Shining is snarky and E!Shining isn't. So I'm out of time and need to take a test, so I'm gonna trust my read of V!Shining and his style.

Xino

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Which I will admit is much earlier and he hasn't been evil since. But generally V!Shining is snarky and E!Shining isn't. So I'm out of time and need to take a test, so I'm gonna trust my read of V!Shining and his style.

Wiz knows whats up

Tbh y'all if you lynch me you'll regret it

And then the next cycle when you seek me lurking just know I'll be silently judging your choices

I think it's unhelpful to soft Jedi as a means of getting people to remove votes on yourself unless death is assured otherwise. If that works all the Sith will do it too and it's not worth a Jedi claiming to ensure one Sith dies, so we'd have to push an exe through claims of losing every time. I'll put my vote on Shining Silhouette. What reasons do you have for being village that aren't threats?

54 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I think it's unhelpful to soft Jedi as a means of getting people to remove votes on yourself unless death is assured otherwise. If that works all the Sith will do it too and it's not worth a Jedi claiming to ensure one Sith dies, so we'd have to push an exe through claims of losing every time. I'll put my vote on Shining Silhouette. What reasons do you have for being village that aren't threats?

Well, if my comment came off as a threat then I have grossly miscalculated and I apologize—yeah looking back it is a tad aggressive.

As for reasons I'm village:

• Did people even have reasons why I'm evil?
  • I've been defended by like two people and everyone else has been like "nah kill silhouette"
    • Bookwyrm and Wiz aren't e/e with me cause I'm village
  • My vote on Fifth was intended to:
    • Apply pressure
      • I wanted to see Fifth's reaction
      • Also see if another train started
        • Wait another train did start....
    • And be ironic
      • Cause everyone else voted with like minimal reasoning and I thought it would be funny if I did the same
      • Also I like being ironic
        • And everytime I'm ironic people take it at face value
          • But being ironic and saying "I'm being ironic" is like explaining a joke. It just doesn't work

I'll just ping the people I'm voting edit: meant people who are voting me and y'all can decide. I'm all for democracy and that jazz. Honestly don't have opinion on Xino atm cause I haven't read through his posts but that's okay. If you think that's e/e behavior there then just lynch me

@Fifth Scholar, @Ookla the Forgotten, @DrakeMarshall, @Ookla the Tall, @Devotary of Spontaneity

Edited by Ookla the Debonair