Just now, Ookla the Tall said:

I know right

Are you implying you have an outside reason for your vote that you wouldn’t share in the thread?

Ok so you’ve said something of this sort a couple of times now, is this baseless paranoia, or are you just not elaborating? :P 

Mostly baseless. I blame, in equal parts, you being Melkor the last time I interacted with you, a previous read-through where I felt your posts were weird, and an unwillingness to trust any analysis that I myself did not perform. Also a healthy heaping of gut. This is why I'm rereading :P 

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Tall said:

I know right

Are you implying you have an outside reason for your vote that you wouldn’t share in the thread?

Eh I do have a reason for my vote but it's not like super nefarious or anything

But what if I had a reason for that comment there and you played right into my hands :eyes:

1 minute ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

Eh I do have a reason for my vote but it's not like super nefarious or anything

But what if I had a reason for that comment there and you played right into my hands :eyes:

I mean, I’d like to know it since I think your vote was suspicious as it jumped on an already near baseless bandwagon with no reasons of its own ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I mean, I’d like to know it since I think your vote was suspicious

It jumped on an already near baseless bandwagon with no reasons of its own ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Very perceptive of you! I noticed the baselessness of the wagon and decided to join it so that when I left it would fall into pieces.

Also we'd seen how Fifth responded to three votes, but what about how he responded to FOUR votes

Okay fun is done who wants to join another party with me

4 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Can I ask why you wish to avoid ties?

A previous game, which I can't expand on right now.

And manip... manip is at the root of the problem. Jedi do have manip, but I feel that they're are less inclined to do it and instead use force sense or force push which are more powerful now, I think. Since a protect and a redirect has a chance of stopping the NK, while manip can keep the lynch in place. Idk...and also taking apprentices in is a action. So I feel like a tie would just be needlessly tempting sith manip, so why not push the vote over and possibly force them to use a manip over force lightning.

Idk, I'll have to re-read C1 later and try to force down my irrational paranoia that likes to pop up when I am extremely tired and still working.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

Very perceptive of you! I noticed the baselessness of the wagon and decided to join it so that when I left it would fall into pieces.Also we'd seen how Fifth responded to three votes, but what about how he responded to FOUR votes

That's weird and you're weird. Though respect the unfiltered chaos and lust for blood, I have to.

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

Okay fun is done who wants to join another party with me

Mea culpa, that last batch of death sticks, a bad batch was. Eaten by a rancor, my usual dealer was. For the paranoia, tremors, hallucinations, and explosive diarrhea, that many of you experienced after partaking Moff an apology will offer and in return offer all of you 50% OFF ON THIS NEW BATCH OF DEATH STICKS, GUARANTEED NOT TO CAUSE EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA!*

*not a guarantee

39 minutes ago, Madagascar said:

That's weird and you're weird. Though respect the unfiltered chaos and lust for blood, I have to.

Why thank you!

38 minutes ago, Madagascar said:

Eaten by a rancor, my usual dealer was.

How unfortunate. If you'd like, I can recommend a plethora of reputable and completely sane dealers for your cravings.

Honestly, the 'death' in the 'death stick' gives me some pause...

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

Honestly, the 'death' in the 'death stick' gives me some pause...

What will really pause, you know? Your heart if too many of these death sticks you eat Oh I  mean, no reason to be concerned about these death sticks does anyone, and cut with cheap Alderaanian opium to improve profit margins they definitely are not.

11 minutes ago, Madagascar said:

What will really pause, you know? Your heart if too many of these death sticks you eat Oh I  mean, no reason to be concerned about these death sticks does anyone, and cut with cheap Alderaanian opium to improve profit margins they definitely are not.

What was that you said? My hearing isn't too good in the "light gray" frequencies. Ah, whatever. I'm sure it wasn't important.

Can I buy 17 orders of death sticks?

...Wait actually I only need 15 now that, er........never mind.

Shining (1): Mat

Fifth (3): Ash, Bookwyrm, Shining

Wizard (1): Mad

Xino (1): Hael

Hael (1): Xino

2 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

Commentary: The first is Xino's faulty vote count. I'm unsure how the Madagascar votes got mistaken for Szeth votes, but Xino's panicked counter voting got Szeth killed. Largely because Redacted put their vote down and didn't come back to shift it. Was going to say the second odd thing was fifth's vote but I think looking at it now I appreciate the desire to avoid vote manip, though I still feel off about the vote, nothing the mention of saving Xino but not if saving Madagascar also.

What happened is that I saw that had Drake had changed his vote, so I swapped out the target with Szeth. Except that I missed and swapped out Madagascar instead. :P

Y'know, if the vote manip was a Sith (as I think it has to be, the Jedi have much better things to do with their actions) then I wonder if the purpose was actually to frame me. If that is in fact the case, perhaps Hael is the culprit.

Edited by Ookla the Forgotten

Okay, lets do a quick blow-by-blow of the voting last cycle. I don't think I'm gonna do a huge multiquote block today, because tbh I think that habit is why I put off doing analysis because giant multiquote posts are hard to do, so I'm just gonna summarize each thing that happened and any additional thoughts.

Without further ado, this is my summary of the C1 votes:

• There are a bunch of scattered poke votes. I don't think there is any point into reading into one-off votes at this point. Except that I didn't get a poke and I wanted a poke :P
  • Szeth places the first doubled-up vote of the game on Xino, accidentally. We know Szeth was Dasann Reborn village.
  • Matrim casts the first intentional and serious doubled-up vote, on Madagascar. Reasons unclear beyond applying pressure to one of the people who already had a vote.
  • Szeth retracts and pokes Ventyl, I make a stab vote on Szeth.
  • Bookwyrm pokes Silhouette. This one I feel is a bit weird, because in the early cycle everyone was just doing one-off pokes, but by this point there were some developing trains to discuss, so it feels a bit more like a deliberate decision to just go with a poke vote. That said, I would call this fairly minor.
  • Fifth switches off Wizard to vote on Xino, reinforcing a train on Xino (Ashbringer was the first person to poke Xino).
  • Fadran retracts a vote from Matrim.
  • Szeth votes for Xino and then unvotes Xino after Xino posts.
  • Xino casts a self preservation vote fairly early. I feel like the simplest way to read this is that Xino didn't expect to be online at the end of cycle. Seeing that Xino in fact did stop posting in the cycle not long after this lends some credence to that explanation.
  • Szeth and Xino continue to do a back-and-forth, Xino proposes voting for Turtle but then immediately switches back to Szeth based on an incorrect VC. The 180 from Turtle in a short timeframe makes me think that the incorrect VC wasn't a calculated trick or anything, Xino really did believe that was the VC. However, this is basically NAI.
  • Fadran votes for Szeth, it has already been noted that this is probably just to preserve a shardbuddy, NAI (although notably it does put Szeth tied with Xino).
  • Madagascar votes for Ventyl. I want to file this as a joke vote but idk.
  • Wizard does not like ties and votes for Szeth.
  • Szeth changes to Madagascar, which might be interesting for analyzing Szeth's alignment except Szeth is a confirmed (dead) Dasann Reborn villager. This vote does put Madagascar in second place instead of Xino, though. And it happened less than an hour before the cycle ended. Which is actually fairly interesting, I think! Now, most likely I'd wager the vote manipulation that happened was a combination of "haha vote manip go brrrr" plus a side of "instill paranoia", and in that case whether it was the jedi or sith who did it is basically unimportant. However, I'd give maybe a 1 in 4 odds that the vote manipulation had more purpose to it, and 1/4 isn't nothing, so it's worth entertaining the possibility. In the case where the vote manip was actually trying to do something concrete, I figure there's two options:
    • Jedi/Sith tried to save their teammate Xino, and wasn't online in the last hour or so when Madagascar became the 2nd place train instead of Xino.
    • Jedi/Sith tried to save their teammate Madagascar, and was online in the last hour, but was cautious and didn't want to leave it up to last-minute changes.
      * If this is about saving a teammate, I'd say it's a good bit more likely a Sith saving a teammate and not a Jedi, if only due to the simple fact that there are more eliminators (if you count the cultists) than there are Jedi Knights.
      ** The people online (or at least, the ones who posted in the cycle 1 thread and thus have records of them being online) after Szeth's post which switched Xino to Madagascar were: Fifth, Matrim, Madagascar, Ashbringer, Silhouette, Szeth, Wizard.
      *** I think it is entirely plausible that a sith vote manipulator would not be online in the last cycle. If we assume the sith chose a kill and submitted a kill order more than an hour before the rollover deadline (not guaranteed, but also more likely true than not imo), that means that regardless of if other elims were online, putting in the vote manip order was up to a single player (that is, the sith who didn't submit the kill order). Soooo idk with the number of players (6 if we exclude Szeth) that were online at the end of the cycle, I'd say it's honestly pretty close to 50/50 that the sith was online at the end of the day. Which is not very helpful.
  • Matrim retracts off Madagascar. I'm curious why.
  • Ashbringer (who poked Xino way earlier in the cycle, which developed into a train) decides to keep a vote on Xino, but says they also were suspicious of Szeth. I feel like Ashbringer voting on the majority to avoid close votes has been a thing in the past, so sticking with the Xino vote was a decision that was made, although I have literally no idea what kind of a decision :P
  • Fifth does not like near-ties and votes for Szeth. I feel like this is literally always going to be an inoffensive justification to place a vote, so I squint a little bit at it, particularly when it is the only reason provided. However, I actually kind of don't suspect Fifth in this case because of it? I feel like the vote manipulation in this game is both guaranteed and very strong, which changes the landscape, and in light of that fact I can't really disagree with the decision to ensure a consolidated train at the end of the cycle.
  • Matrim decides to vote for Shining, which is mainly a symbolic gesture since Shining had no votes.

That is all the voting from C1, I think.

...in conclusion, I'm a bit tempted to vote for Madagascar's flip, and also a bit tempted to vote for either Bookwyrm or Silhouette to get more of a read when it feels like they somewhat decided to avoid the main voting discussion. Matrim also avoided the main vote to an extent, but did at least weigh in enough to say "I'm unhappy with the current trains."

Xino is an okay enough voting candidate I guess, if only because they were up for a lot of D1. Would be kinda awkward to have my cardgame buddy die mid-game though.

Fifth I don't really get the voting train on, so I am inclined to push against it out of principle.

Edit:

Vote Tally
Fifth Scholar (3): Ashbringer, Silhouette the Debonair, Bookwyrm the Perpetual
xinoehp512 (2): Haelbarde, Madagascar
Silhouette the Debonair (2): Matrim the Tall, Fadran the [Redacted]
Haelbarde (1): Xino the Forgotten

Edited by DrakeMarshall

13 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

"Scrap is a most apt designation, yes! Precious little remains of our communications infrastructure but scrap. Nobody knows for sure what happened, except for I reckon the folks who did it, of course they would know. Smarts was the clever droid who reported the damages to our communications infrastructure when it happened. I wonder if perhaps Smarts saw more than I did? Or perhaps Smarts even did the breaking?"

Dacken wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, tossing in the necessary credits to stay in the running with Tantyck. It was too soon to call the game for sure, with the third card not yet revealed and the spike dice not yet rolled, but Dacken was a great believer in optimism.

"A thought occurs: a place such as this one usually has security footage, right? I've no doubt the likes of this world's security systems are primitive and rundown to my cosmopolitan eyes, yes, perhaps, but... Has anyone thought to check?"

"If they have, they aren't telling me," grumbled Nodice. "I'm just annoyed I can't watch my favorite comlink show. The finale is supposed to be in three days. At this rate, I'm going to miss it!"

He jittered the spike dice in his hand, waiting for Tantyck to make a decision.

@Ookla the [Redacted]

6 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Matrim retracts off Madagascar. I'm curious why.

Cause Madagascar’s returning. I didn’t really want to off them D1, but I was more than happy to appear like I did :P.

I agree that xino’s flip would be useful cause he was up for D1 and therefore there’s manip info to potentially be gained… His Hael vote makes me hesitate, not because I agree with his reasoning but because it doesn’t seem like the kind of reasoning an elim would fabricate, you know what I mean? Voting based purely on a theory that he was framed is a village-minded vote, imo.

But also I’m just over here discontent with every train I didn’t start so idk 

Anyone wanna wagon Shining :eyes:

I’ll reread before rollover, promise. And hopefully get a reads list out.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"If they have, they aren't telling me," grumbled Nodice. "I'm just annoyed I can't watch my favorite comlink show. The finale is supposed to be in three days. At this rate, I'm going to miss it!"

He jittered the spike dice in his hand, waiting for Tantyck to make a decision.

@Ookla the [Redacted]

“The Blairs aren’t going to win, Nod. You won’t be missing much.”

Tantyck decided to call it there, matching the pool and setting his cards down.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Tall said:

Anyone wanna wagon Shining :eyes:

Sure, let's give it a whirl!

Shining Silhouette yous stand accused of... I don't remember

Probably something though

Pretend I have something super clever to say here

Oh, wait, I know

You stand accused of the fact that there was a train on you earlier and once it happened a bunch of votes appear out of nowhere on Fifth and that's circumstantially a little bit weird

Also your D1 voting choice makes it hard to read you

How do you plea?????????????????

55 minutes ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

What was that you said? My hearing isn't too good in the "light gray" frequencies. Ah, whatever. I'm sure it wasn't important.

Can I buy 17 orders of death sticks?

...Wait actually I only need 15 now that, er........never mind.

Too late. Arriving at your door the death sticks will soon be. Cash, credit, or equivalent Outer Rims currency I accept (except for slaves, barbarian I am not.)

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Death sticks are something you eat?

Uh oh… you mean that isn’t what you’re supposed to do with them? No wonder so paranoid I am…

1 hour ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

How do you get cheap Alderranian opium several years after the planet has been literally exploded?

Well. Ah. Incredibly simple the answer is, as soon I will explain—-

*Moff throws a smoke grenade onto the floor and disappears in a cloud of dust*