1 hour ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

Correllian Spike," replied Nodice, pulling his spike dice out of his pocket and shaking them for luck. "Anyone else?" he called.

“nope!” Turtle said cheerfully, looking up from the parts he was fiddling with. They weren’t going to become anything special, maybe a hard drive for a mouse droid, maybe the visual processors for an R2 system- he wasn’t sure, but fiddling helped him think. “I don’t many credits at all, and if I did I’d be with Smarts. Credits in my pocket, please.” 

edit: and that’s my pomodoro break over, so back to the paper

Edited by ookla the POKE VOTE

Silhouette

Someone manip’d a vote off of them for seemingly no reason. I’m pulling out now because…

well…

Before:

Xino (1): Ash
Szeth (4): Xino, Drake, Fadran, Wiz, Fifth, Mat
Madagascar (2): Hael, Szeth
Silho (1): Bookwyrm
Turtle (1): Silhouette 

Ventyl (1): Madagascar

After:

Szeth (6): Xino, Drake, Fadran, Wiz, Fifth, Mat
Madagascar (2): Szeth, Hael
Silho (1): Bookwyrm
Xino (1): Ash
Turtle (1): Silho
Ventyl (1): Madagascar

@Ookla the Tall there was no vote manip; Kasimir just missed a couple last-minute switcheroos

8 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

After:

Szeth (6): Xino, Drake, Fadran, Wiz, Fifth, Mat
Silho (1): Bookwyrm

@Ookla the Tall there was no vote manip; Kasimir just missed a couple last-minute switcheroos

Did you paste this out of your doc? Mat voted for Silho, not Szeth, and that vote should have counted since it was before 01:00 and Kas's closing post. So there definitely was vote manip.

I thought I’d pasted it from the OP…?

Szeth (6): Xino, Drake, Wiz, Fifth, Fadran
Silho (1): Mat, Bookwyrm

…hrm.

OH the (1) means that they only had one vote but Kas didn’t change it

…right?

okay, my bad. Mat, there was for sure a vote manip. Ignore my previous observation.

i hate how many ooklas are viewing I can only tell yall apart by your pfps :P

also fadran not vote-manip-er i guess

fadran will you go back on silho now that you understand that or ?

edit: 

Did you paste this out of your doc” Lol

(mat) I mean I have a google doc that’s literally just my notes and I have one for every game, so I’d be like ‘yeah sorry I didnt update my doc’ :P 

Edited by ookla the POKE VOTE

I don’t think it’s Silhouette. I think it’s more likely a sith pushing to kill Szeth than someone trying to save Sil.

Reads on the vote manip in ascending order of big brain:

- Haha vote manip go brrrrr

- Oh noes my teammate is in trouble I must protecc

- I’m gonna shift a vote harmlessly to get some reactions and reads

- I want to ensure that Szeth is killed to keep things neat

- I have predicted every one of Fadran’s actions and he is now scrambling to account for my decisions mwahahaha

- My schemes go far beyond what evidence is laid out here

Reads on vote manip in ascending order of likelihood:

I have predicted every one of Fadran’s actions and he is now scrambling to account for my decisions mwahahaha

My schemes go far beyond what evidence is laid out here

- Haha vote manip go brrrrr

So the two most likely outcomes (that I think) of this are either “we’re reading too far into this” or “one or more of the people who voted Szeth is a sith.”

Kalabel prodded at the door with a servo wrench. She was better at repairing things that had more things to test, more things that could go wrong over time. Droids tended to be like that. Broken motivator, try something, see if anything else breaks. If not, try it out. One of her first droid repairs had been that trial and error, trying to fix Bar9's projector. She did fix the projector, but then every access port had gotten itself stuck shut. A lot of rerouting power and adjustments later, Bar9 was back in shape. Just a trick of knowing what could be fixed and what could be worked around.

A door, though. Doors either "work" or "don't work", and this one was firmly in the latter category. Whoever had busted in here and gotten anyone all fired up - although a few blaster shots later, some seemed to have blown of some exhaust and started a game of cards - had also done a number on the hardware. Durasteel did not like being bent, which meant it also did not like being bent back into place.

So Kalabel's repair methods quickly devolved from investigating circuitry to repeatedly hitting a sheet of metal with a mallet, at least while Bar9 went to fetch more parts. An odd astromech, that one, though most older ones tended to be. Galtaran had made some modifications, but most of them involved accommodating a large table around its head. He mainly used it for drinks. Kalabel found it convenient for transporting and holding tools... and sometimes drinks. 

Durasteel sufficiently bent into shape, Kalabel tested the door one more time. The mechanism was supposed to make a satisfying whoosh. This door was more of a whoCHK as it caught on something else, but that was better than the initial nothing. And if her ears were right, there was less dust in the mechanism. Most things here were built to handle a bit of dust, but it never hurt to clean them off.

You never know what interesting things you can find that are just covered in a simple layer of dust.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Kay tbh I said “hooray” arbitrarily hoping for someone to be like “do you know what v![name] actually means” but nobody’s biting so…

…what does v![name] mean

v!{name} generally means they read that person as village. e!{name} means they think that person is evil/elim.

4 hours ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

I don’t think it’s Silhouette. I think it’s more likely a sith pushing to kill Szeth than someone trying to save Sil.

Reads on the vote manip in ascending order of big brain:

- Haha vote manip go brrrrr

- I have predicted every one of Fadran’s actions and he is now scrambling to account for my decisions mwahahaha

- My schemes go far beyond what evidence is laid out here

Reads on vote manip in ascending order of likelihood:

I have predicted every one of Fadran’s actions and he is now scrambling to account for my decisions mwahahaha

My schemes go far beyond what evidence is laid out here

- Haha vote manip go brrrrr

So the two most likely outcomes (that I think) of this are either “we’re reading too far into this” or “one or more of the people who voted Szeth is a sith.”

My name isn't Drake and I approve of most of this message

5 hours ago, ookla the POKE VOTE said:

i hate how many ooklas are viewing I can only tell yall apart by your pfps :P

ur one to talk :P

I don't even recognize your pfp I don't think. Do I know you? I've been wondering and I can't tell.

"What can I say? I like the way they rattle."

"Welcome, welcome!" said Nodice, dealing Tantyck in. "Always welcome."

He finished dealing the cards and took a peek at his own. A red six and a red nine. He repressed a sigh - gotta keep that sabacc face - and turned to Dacken. "So," he asked. "What's been going on with comms? I've heard all sorts of things, half of which are too outlandish to believe."

"Well, I'm not really the speculating type, as I'm sure you know," Dr. Dacken Humtumb lied, "but I can tell you the bare facts."

He lifted his own cards from the table and peeked: a red nine and a green ten. He tried for an enigmatic smile, with mixed success. There was an art to an enigmatic smile, he figured. Layers. Most people didn't appreciate a good enigmatic smile.

"Something's thoroughly blundered and beefed up the spaceport central communications array. I don't mean just a little short-circuit either, I mean it's properly slagged. Practically melted. Here, take a look," he held up a half-burned circuitboard. "I salvaged this from what was left of the comms, which is very different from stealing, because I'm reasonably sure nobody wanted it."

As the player to Nodice's left, it was Dacken's job to start off the betting. He threw in three credits, signalling his intent to raise the bet by a pittance.

"Coulda been a mechanic with a welding tool and a grudge a couple parsecs long. Coulda been a few rounds of blaster fire from one of the sith worshippers that are supposed to haunt the place even to this day. Coulda been a bloody terentek swinging a bloody lightsaber while beatboxing to the tune of the bloody imperial march. Force if I or anyone else knows for sure. Point is, we don't have comms anymore. And it for sure wasn't the gizkas fault. I was thinking of trying to rig something up to replace comms, but we seem to be a bit low on parts, so that might be off the menu."

"Anyways," Dacken looked expectantly at the betting pot. "Not dwelling on it, that's my policy. What'll it be, stand, raise, or scrap?"

edit: and yes, I did actually use an online card drawer to pick those cards

Edited by DrakeMarshall