Marasi!

Captain Coffee

I loved how Marasi reacted when moonlight tried to entice her to join the Ghostbloods by saying she would know things that Wax and Wayne didn't. Then Moonlight tried to imply that Wax kept important secrets from Marasi. I was so frustrated when that conversation started that I almost put the book down for a while. But, I'm glad I didn't. In so many stories that tension would have become part of the plot and torn the team apart. But, not our crew. Marasi was like, "Wax shares what matters, and I don't keep secrets from my team. That's it. End of story" (Paraphrased, obviously). I was so happy that she was secure enough in her team, her self worth, and her mission that she cut the whole "mistrust within the team" plot off before it could even take root.

I think Marasi made the right call for herself at the end. Despite the Ghostbloods doing good work on Scadrial (probably) Marasi's strength was shown to be leading a community. You can't do that from the shadows, or at least you shouldn't. The only downside is that I feel Marasi would have made a good mentor for Moonlight.

I agree completely. Her reaction to the secret keeping was a breath of fresh air. Every time she fought it I had a smile on my face. "Wax shares what I need to know," & feeling satisfaction that Wayne is catching Moonlight's acting, & laying into the Ghostbloods for not being forthcoming in what could have led to the foiling of the Set's plans much earlier.  

I very much agree she made the right call and is going to make a bigger difference in Scadrial & the cosmere because of it. 

And maybe the GB will stay friends with her and maybe work with her on a few things over the years still (here's to hoping).