Wax's 3rd child could be a full Mistborn

MistWit

We see early in the book that Wax mentions Steris wants another child. This statement might seem minor but considering what happens near the end of the book this could have major implications for Scadrial. 

We know Max has been exposed to a small amount of Lerasium, which rewrites your spiritual DNA. While the size of Lerasium bead is relevant to the strength of the Mistborn, even a small amount is very likely to have a huge effect genetically. Decedents of people who where given a full bead by the Lord Ruler where able to have create Mistborn nearly 1000 years after the initial exposure, so even a tiny exposure is very likely to be significant for Wax's direct descendants. 

Considering this, if Wax and Steris have that 3rd child like she wants, that child will have the strongest alomancy genetics in approximately 1300 years. It is very likely we could see full Mistborn in Era 3 because of this.  

22 minutes ago, MistWit said:

Considering this, if Wax and Steris have that 3rd child like she wants, that child will have the strongest alomancy genetics in approximately 1300 years. It is very likely we could see full Mistborn in Era 3 because of this.  

Interesting since the plot revolves around chasing down a rogue Mistborn. I think I would actually like this since the Wax/Mistborn deal felt a little unresolved to me in this book. 

On 11/17/2022 at 9:39 AM, MistWit said:

We see early in the book that Wax mentions Steris wants another child. This statement might seem minor but considering what happens near the end of the book this could have major implications for Scadrial. 

We know Max has been exposed to a small amount of Lerasium, which rewrites your spiritual DNA. While the size of Lerasium bead is relevant to the strength of the Mistborn, even a small amount is very likely to have a huge effect genetically. Decedents of people who where given a full bead by the Lord Ruler where able to have create Mistborn nearly 1000 years after the initial exposure, so even a tiny exposure is very likely to be significant for Wax's direct descendants. 

Yes I think this is brought in at the end to explain why there might be 1 or 2 Mistborn introduced in era 3. I don't think it will be one of their kids but maybe 1 of their great grandkids.

Interesting WoB regarding the timeline of Era 3. In another thread I mentioned I thought it would be close to this timing. So although his 3rd child would be middle to late in life he could be around. 

Questioner

You said that there’s gonna be a time jump between [Stormlight] Book Five and Book Six, the two arcs. And also going into Era Three of Mistborn. Era Three and Era Four, are they gonna go way past what’s going on in the second arc?

Brandon Sanderson

So, Era One of Stormlight. Break for ten years-ish in-world. (I have to write Book Six to know exactly how long it’s going to be, but somewhere around that.) Wax and Wayne happens during that break, chronologically. And Era Three of Mistborn; I would say seventy years, might be closer to fifty. But either way, it’s going to be post-Stormlight [Ten]. We’re getting a little disjointed in our timelines, just as the writing balances out, but I think it’s gonna work out. I don’t think they should be giving too many spoilers to each other. I do have to kind of talk around things now and then.

Dragonsteel 2022 (Nov. 14, 2022)