Kelsier is lying to the ghostbloods

HavingTheHasHoidAPurpose?

When talking with harmony at the end of the book, Kelsier is revealed to be unable to use metallic arts as  CS, and is desperately trying to regain his powers.

But... In his conversation with the bilming ghostbloods through a seon, Kelsier says that he cannot move faster as he is over water, and thus his steelpushing is useless.

So Either: Kelsier is lying to the ghostbloods, pretending to be a misting in order to command greater respect.

Kelsier has a coinshot friend he piggy back rides like max, or

kelsier can actually use A-Steel through as of yet unseen A-medallions. This would make sense as if he cant use medallions, why make the bands? (but this is somewhat contradicted by his one POV chapter, where he laments his inability to use A-Iron and A-steel, so the whole thing is rather confusing)

In any case, the 1st is most likely, which adds a bit of edge to when marasi asks if the ghostbloods can rely on even him to never keep secrets.

31 minutes ago, HavingTheHasHoidAPurpose? said:

When talking with harmony at the end of the book, Kelsier is revealed to be unable to use metallic arts as  CS, and is desperately trying to regain his powers.

But... In his conversation with the bilming ghostbloods through a seon, Kelsier says that he cannot move faster as he is over water, and thus his steelpushing is useless.

So Either: Kelsier is lying to the ghostbloods, pretending to be a misting in order to command greater respect.

Kelsier has a coinshot friend he piggy back rides like max, or

kelsier can actually use A-Steel through as of yet unseen A-medallions. This would make sense as if he cant use medallions, why make the bands? (but this is somewhat contradicted by his one POV chapter, where he laments his inability to use A-Iron and A-steel, so the whole thing is rather confusing)

In any case, the 1st is most likely, which adds a bit of edge to when marasi asks if the ghostbloods can rely on even him to never keep secrets.

Orrrr He was referring to the Airship he was using, which uses Steelpushing to move around. 

Airships are far better for traversing an ocean than a Coinshot.

Yeah, I didn't take that line to mean that he was claiming to be personally Steelpushing, just that even as presumably the person in charge of that airship, there was nothing he could do to make the ship go faster, even if he asked it of the crew. Its akin to if you were to call someone on a private jet and tell them about an emergency and they said "there's nothing I can do about that, I'm halfway across the Atlantic right now, there's nothing I can do to get back to New York any faster" - it doesn't mean they're actually flying the plane themselves.

I mean, wouldn't shock me if he DID lie to the Ghostbloods about his abilities, despite their insistence on honesty with each other - Kel's always had a bad habit of being a bit too 'do as I say, not as I do' when it suits him - but I don't think this is specifically indicative of him doing that.