goody153

A particular epigraph back in Era 1 that is suddenly very relevant regarding TLM

7 posts in this topic

"He shall defend their ways, yet shall violate them. He will be their savior, yet they shall call him heretic. His name shall be Discord, yet they shall love him for it."

Even Telsin mentions about Harmony becoming Discord like capital in one of her lines.

Ohhh boy Scadrial is gonna in fun times. Also the epigraph saying so much irony of Discord is gonna helluvah interesting this is how you end an era with a big question

Thoughts ? Theories ?

I'm not sure the Terris prophecies are Scadrial specific but might actually be a more cosmere constant thing. Given that the contents of them has been tweaked over time there is some wiggle room. But they could also be seen as applying to Dalinar, Vasher, possibly others.

Turns out it's really an era 3 prophecy, of how they'll invent the internet, and the Path and earrings morph into a chat service.

I like this. I think Harmony is going to become Discord in Era 3. We'll see how that goes.

5 hours ago, lacrossedeamon said:

Given that the contents of them has been tweaked over time there is some wiggle room.

I'd bet this "Discord" part wasn't changed by Ruin, because he didn't even understand it, so he should've left it intact.

9 hours ago, CarTorSan said:

I'd bet this "Discord" part wasn't changed by Ruin, because he didn't even understand it, so he should've left it intact.

Source on this?

The chapter that epigraph was in was also the first chapter that Sazed ever appeared in.

yeah, Harmony is definitely becoming Discord. Probably either in era 3, or between eras 2 & 3, but it only gets revealed that he did in era 2. He's already got his evil clone hanging out with him, it's not long now...