Any theories on where chouta was invented? This is incredibly important discussion. I need to know if the scadrains invented it and if it moved to Roshar or vice versa. 
Also, I would love it if chouta became something of a running gag, where someone comments how it looks disgusting and everyone else extols its virtues. 

4 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Any theories on where chouta was invented? This is incredibly important discussion. I need to know if the scadrains invented it and if it moved to Roshar or vice versa. 
Also, I would love it if chouta became something of a running gag, where someone comments how it looks disgusting and everyone else extols its virtues. 

I'm just going to guess that it originated on Yolen, and every Shard has just subtly influenced a human to invent it on their world.

Not sure if "chouta" being from "Roshar" counts as moving this from "Mistborn only" to the "Cosmere spoilers" sub-sub-section of TLM dsicussion, LOL

But since Era 2 takes place after SA5, that's plenty of time for Rosharans to start bringing chouta first to Shadesmar, and then popularizing it everywhere

The fun thing is to question how "authentic" the chouta is off of Scadrial. Since Soulcast meat would not be available, and "real" meat tastes different even on Roshar, and of course Scadrial would have more animal protein options than Roshar (which is basically crustacean, "chicken", or pork - no cattle).

4 hours ago, robardin said:

Not sure if "chouta" being from "Roshar" counts as moving this from "Mistborn only" to the "Cosmere spoilers" sub-sub-section of TLM dsicussion, LOL

That thought did go through my head as I was posting this. I thought it wouldn’t spoil any of Stormlight so I decided it would be fine.