Why Adolin is Odium’s Champion

Basis of my Theory

Stormlight Five update a month or two ago about Brandon Sanderson telling us that the Death Rattles from Way of Kings have to do with what happens in Stormlight Archive

Chapter 57 Way of Kings Death Rattle:

”I hold the suckling child in my hands, a knife at his throat, and know that all who live wish me to let the blade slip. Spill its blood upon the ground, over my hands, and with it gain us further breath to draw.”

After reading you could also it could be Elhokar’s (I didn’t spell that right) child. 

But why is this the battle?

After the Death Rattles it makes it seem like some of them are one person at the end of the world, Dalinar fighting Odium’s champion!

More Of these kinds of death rattles help support that this could be Dalinar’s death rattle.

Chapter 60 Way of Kings Death Rattle

”The death is my life, the strength becomes my weakness, the journey has ended.”

Chapter 3 Way of King Death Rattle

”A man stood on a cliffside and watched as his homeland fall into dust. The waters surged beneath, so far beneath. And he heard a child crying. They were own tears.” 

In the Stormlight Five Update mentioned earlier Brandon showed concept art that shows Kaladin and  Szeth standing above on a cliff. Brandon mentioned this had to with Stormlight Five also

Chapter 52 Way of Kings Death Rattle

”I’m standing over the body of a brother. I’m weeping. Is that his blood or mine? What have we done?”

Chapter 57 Way of Kings Death Rattle

”Re-Shephir, the Midnight Mother, giving birth abominations with her essence so dark, so terrible, so consuming. She is here! She watches me die!”

I hope this convinces you

“Death is my life, strength becomes my weakness, the journey has ended” I heard strong evidence that’s this is the death of szeth. In WoR. 
i liked Adolin is odiums champion before RoW after RoW I just see adolin as the path for reviving dead spren. 
i do like szeth as odiums champion. Thematically, being controlled by taravangian through out the series even after ascending feels poetic. 

3 hours ago, Valor’s Avatar said:

I hope this convinces you

It doesn't, because the context seems unclear. If we conclude that Adolin is Odium's champion then we can find ways to force the Death Rattles to fit that, but without that conclusion I don't see the connections you are suggesting are there.

The Death Rattles presented in the epigraphs are (I believe) ones that Taravangian had already collected but they could refer to any events at any time. We have confirmation on what events some of those relate to and are still in the dark on others. I think that they are vague enough that most expectations that an unresolved or unconfirmed Rattle relates to a specific person or event to be too strong most of the time. For example, I can see the one that @Rg2045 mentioned relating to Szeth but I think it better describes Nale-- the pieces that would obviously relate to Szeth occurred before he became a Radiant, and so the Radiant reference doesn't make sense to me. Nale, on the other hand, has gone off the deep end in a way that is wrapped up in adherence to his Radiant oaths-- an oath kept in letter but not spirit, and the end of him as a member of the Oathpact or even consequential figure with any agency. But it's all guesswork, and there isn't much reason to think that it does or does not refer to Szeth or Nale even if either might potentially fit.

All that said, I do think it's plausible for Adolin to end up as Odium's champion (though he's still not my top pick for that role). I'd almost prefer not to be able to figure it out in advance, so that the surprise and impact aren't diluted at all. Almost. I'm not going to be able to help myself from trying to guess...

Edited by Returned