My pet theory is a Bookwyrm/Insanity team so I see nothing wrong with my vote at the current moment. 

8 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

*Sue from Mythic Quest voice*
So… you’re telling me that there have been two pages of analysis BASED ON A POKE VOTE??? No.

You're telling me you're surprised? :P.

Just now, Ashbringer said:

But I need to :(

I...

Far be it from me to condemn the GM Almighty from looking.

No shame on you, sir. None on Devo as well.

The rest of you non-Silho lot! If you look! Dishonour on you, dishonour on your family, dishonour on your COW! >:( And the quokka will judge you for it.

6 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Any particular reason why? I feel LG90 flashbacks here :) 

Bookwyrm treating Insanity different than Alv, which, sure, that could be attributed to them having had interaction outside of SE elsewhere on the site, but using that as an excuse would get old fast. I see Bookwrym poking her and then retracting before she posted, which is unusual, then pointing out that Alv is inactive while dodging the fact that Insanity was as well, which is unusual. I've also never seen a new player naked retaliation like that before. Easily could be coached. There's a level of connection there, at the very least.

And like I know LG90 was last game and I was elim but I can't tell what you're referring to :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

You've also ran the last two games :P.

Not that one though, I ran a QF and a BT. My schedule wouldn't be able to handle an LG at the current moment :P Just because it'd go for far too long. I could work in rollovers for a week or two but more than that and it'd be irresponsible. (That's not a request to be marked busy, btw :P)

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And like I know LG90 was last game as I was elim but I can't tell what you're referring to :P.

Mostly the fact that the connections among the newer players made it hard to work out if they were connected or if it's just pre-existing relations from other parts of the Shard. My read was that you were underdiscounting that as a confounding factor, and I kind of still think you are, but at the same time, I agree it's worth D1 pressure so I guess I'm at the odd position where I disagree with your reasons but don't disagree with what you're doing.

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I've also never seen a new player naked retaliation like that before. Easily could be coached.

It's a team of five, isn't it?

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

(That's not a request to be marked busy, btw :P)

A guy asks Szeth that one time >>

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Mostly the fact that the connections among the newer players made it hard to work out if they were connected or if it's just pre-existing relations from other parts of the Shard. My read was that you were underdiscounting that as a confounding factor, and I kind of still think you are, but at the same time, I agree it's worth D1 pressure so I guess I'm at the odd position where I disagree with your reasons but don't disagree with what you're doing.

That's fair, yeah. I easily could be. It's a weird line to walk and I guess I'm fine erring on being wrong today, but as I said that as an excuse gets old fast. We can't just discount every interaction they have the entire game.

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

It's a team of five, isn't it?

That's the assumption, but I don't see what it has to do with anything? That being said, how much 'coaching' was used as reasoning annoyed even e!me in LG90 so I already regret mentioning the possibility :P It's something that's real, but also something that's such a big red herring a lot of the time.

9 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I...

Far be it from me to condemn the GM Almighty from looking.

No shame on you, sir. None on Devo as well.

The rest of you non-Silho lot! If you look! Dishonour on you, dishonour on your family, dishonour on your COW! >:( And the quokka will judge you for it.

My cow is ashamed. :(

I was trying to come up with useful suspicions, but I remembered that I'm waiting to hear from Alvron. 

26 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Vote Count:

• Matrim's Dice (3): Shining Silhouette, Kasimir, InfiniteInsanity
  • The Unknown Order (2): _Stick_, Szeth_Pancakes
  • Alvron (2): Araris Valerian, Elkanah
  • Chantara (1): The Wandering Wizard
  • InfiniteInsanity (1): Matrim's Dice
  • The Wandering Wizard (1): Archer

It is interesting to see the small pile on Mat. I don't anticipate it staying now that I've pointed it out, but I'll bet it has something to do with a super secret in-thread pm between Silhouette and others.

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Rollover’s at midnight in my current timezone, but once I get back to my normal one it’ll be 11. Which isn’t much better, but it’s at least possible to get to rollover :P Here now though. And it looks like I’m not too late :P.

Archer

Honestly thought you were MT. 

3 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Will note that people usually don't care too much about piling votes on a single player without reason on D1s (good pressure tactic), so the disinclination towards putting him in the lead interesting. :ph34r:

@The Unknown Novel I noticed that you were online after the thread went up but you haven't posted yet so here's a nudge TUN

I was on the Shard ~15 minutes before signups closed, but not when the thread went up. And recently I've been working on this megapost.

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Ok since there aren't PMs this game I'll send some in-thread.

To Kas:

Hide contents
  Hide contents

How often are changes in meta accompanied by changes in alignment?

Is one more causative than the other

To Mat:

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents

I'm suspicious of you :eyes:

Are you evil :ph34r:

To Turtle:

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents

Thoughts on Stick?

To Stick:

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents

Thoughts on Turtle?

To Wiz:

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Honestly might just use these even after PMs open

Actually maybe not

I think that's a player by player basis, I used to intentionally change my playstyle every game or so, forcing myself to vote, forcing myself to make v!reads, trying to do everything in rp accent, but now I barely change (I say this while consciously changing a little this game, but that's because I have enough info I can do what I'm going to do). So some players do, some only do when they're new, some just don't, or wait a while. It really depends.

37 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

hey you can change colors with the top bar on mobile now that’s neat

You can thank me standing for the entire mobile SE community for that, although it did come at a price. (We almost lost emoticons)

12 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

@Shining Silhouette

Hide contents
  Hide contents

quokka-1200x628.jpg

Hey if you're not Silho and looking...Shame on you! >:(

I have no shame, and anything is worth it for Quokkas.

To everyone

Spoiler
Spoiler

Is there anybody who legitimately isn't looking in these?

Also, Araris Valerian because you're trying to kill Alv, and Alv is fun. No killing Alv allowed.

2 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

It is interesting to see the small pile on Mat. I don't anticipate it staying now that I've pointed it out, but I'll bet it has something to do with a super secret in-thread pm between Silhouette and others.

I'm not too worried, since this kind of thing happens D1 about every other game :P Then they decide to trust me in my village ones and distrust me in my elim ones, smh. Suffice it to say I'll trust they'll get there in the end.

Edited by Matrim's Dice
I deleted two emoticons from that post before actually posting it, guys. I'm holding back :(

We can't just discount every interaction they have the entire game.

Yeah, but it's D1 innit though? No one is proposing discounting every interaction across the entire game. But without a good baseline D1, I do feel it's sort of overanchoring. It's slightly weirding me out you're going there.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

That's the assumption, but I don't see what it has to do with anything? That being said, how much 'coaching' was used as reasoning annoyed even e!me in LG90 so I already regret mentioning the possibility :P It's something that's real, but also something that's such a big red herring a lot of the time.

Yeah but bro, you're the one opening the coaching talk here :P 

And just that I feel that coaching, and the way I was pushing it in LG90, only really shows up in a specific context. And given coaching was kind of exploited by your teammate in LG90 and in an odd way, I'm not really sure that's the best place to be going :P

To be very brief, I will say the coaching concerns in AG2 weren't about specific posts in isolation. They were about the fact that Mark (yes, you played with him in MR60, yes I'm aging myself again by referencing his first game) came in very strongly as a new player and making typical new player posts and reads, but very occasionally (and much more openly after a number of us were dead) started to channel different attitudes in his posting and his view of the game that were dissonant with his earlier ones and I think in his PMs with El and me that began to seem as though either: A. he was playing up inexperience, and B. he was receiving coaching from teammates, which explained the discrepancy. Both of which didn't ring right in the context of the game. The inconsistency was the issue. I don't believe you can establish it off a single datapoint, and even what I tried with Bookwyrm was trying to work off a profile. I don't think you can do it off their very first post because you just have no baseline for that player anyway.

The point on the team is that unlike QF63, I do expect the chances of a more diffused team to be higher/better in this game, and I do feel that the assumption that Infinite was coached into making a retaliatory vote feels odd in light of this expectation. 

Also, in Archer's language ( :P ) it feels moot to me because some new players do in fact retaliation vote off the bat.

6 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

I'm staying until Mat's birthday, thank you :P In the absence of Mat, I could be induced to Elk at this point, but feel I'd rather let Elk play more as he's just returned.

Thoughts on the Mat train, Elk, since it raised your concern?

8 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

My cow is ashamed. :(

As it should be >:(

Spoiler

eca.gif

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

You can thank me standing for the entire mobile SE community for that, although it did come at a price. (We almost lost emoticons)

I have no shame, and anything is worth it for Quokkas.

To everyone

Spoiler

Is there anybody who legitimately isn't looking in these?

Also, Araris Valerian because you're trying to kill Alv, and Alv is fun. No killing Alv allowed.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Thank you! that has made these last two games so much easier for me. Sincerely, that is a HUGE quality of life update. I'm also grateful we didn't have to sacrifice emoticons for it. 

Spoiler

Also, no. I try to contain my curiosity, but it will not be quelled.

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

Yeah, but it's D1 innit though? No one is proposing discounting every interaction across the entire game. But without a good baseline D1, I do feel it's sort of overanchoring. It's slightly weirding me out you're going there.

At least I'm going somewhere. Which isn't fair to say, but I do get wagoned for no reason D1 a lot :P.

Yeah but bro, you're the one opening the coaching talk here :P 

Yeah, I know >> I want to shut it down though, at least for now.

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

The point on the team is that unlike QF63, I do expect the chances of a more diffused team to be higher/better in this game, and I do feel that the assumption that Infinite was coached into making a retaliatory vote feels odd in light of this expectation. 

I will say though-- when I mention coaching, I don't mean that I think a teammate told her to naked vote me, what I mean is that I think it's possible she asked what to do in the elim doc and either was given that as an option or just that she asked if voting me was a fine response and got an affirmative. It's not a big sticking point for me and I'm going to forget about it.

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

At least I'm going somewhere. Which isn't fair to say, but I do get wagoned for no reason D1 a lot :P.

And sometimes we are correct to do so! :P 

More seriously, it is and that's why I'm torn. On the one hand, I do genuinely think you're sus, for all I'm cracking jokes about staying on you until your birthday actually comes. On the other hand, I do agree it's a typical D1 vote and I don't disagree with you casting it, for the usual D1 reasons, and the fact I think early to mid D1 vote diversity is a good thing. I am also not currently feeling E!Mat as strongly as I felt it on previous occasions, so I am thinking more carefully about my position.

No, not really, go ahead then, vote me :P 

I could always use another C1 holiday in the dead doc! :D With quokkas! 

It feels like D1ing Archer though, in a way. I don't want to commit to that yet. My gut does, but I'd rather see if anyone agrees with my gut :P.

It feels like D1ing Archer though, in a way. I don't want to commit to that yet. My gut does, but I'd rather see if anyone agrees with my gut :P.

See, my gut thinks this is E!Mat specifically trying to address the "he's not paranoid enough!" complaints from LG90, so all I can do is follow my gut :P

@_Stick_ So for all I know, you could be Evil too, but I'm curious if you're getting that vibe off him because you did the last time.

What the hell, let's do this. Candy and teddy bears and all that.

@Illwei Yes yes I know, we don't work well together, but your Mat read?

25 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I'm staying until Mat's birthday, thank you :P In the absence of Mat, I could be induced to Elk at this point, but feel I'd rather let Elk play more as he's just returned.

Thoughts on the Mat train, Elk, since it raised your concern?

You've activated my trap card B) My birthday was three weeks ago! I am immune to your votes! 

I appreciate you letting me play, but I've played enough mafia to know there's always another game. If you think I'm bad you can lunch me. I've found that my play doesn't vary from game to game so much as it varies from cycle to cycle (or hour to hour sometimes). Typically, if I'm in a good mood I talk more... which kind of explains this morning. I'm enjoying the thread and I have no regrets. I will admit there are a few things that can put me in a very good mood for a game like being a third faction, but that's not available this game. 

This is a fair question. Looking back, he has a poke vote, a retaliation vote, and a gut read (if I may characterize it as such). None of those are suspicious, although I do expect the poke and retaliation votes will move on now that Mat has posted several times.

...aaaand I'm now several posts behind. I'll try to catch up and talk more

Edit:

I realized the gut read was more of a birthday vote. That one should stay :P

Edited by Elkanah

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

See, my gut thinks this is E!Mat specifically trying to address the "he's not paranoid enough!" complaints from LG90, so all I can do is follow my gut :P

And my gut sees you tagging everyone as hoping to get a miskill going on me after I correctly have ID'd e!you D1 in the past :P.

*shuffle squat*

Edited by Matrim's Dice