LG91 Night 7: Familiar

Cheshire-son-Cat had always been a bit of an odd one. Looked Shin, mostly. But he also knew the Tweedles pretty well, or claimed to. 

There were only six people left who could have potentially stolen the Honorblades, and yet people were still dying or throwing accusations.

Cheshire hadn't killed anyone. They didn't even have an Honorblade. But it was only their word, and that just wasn't good enough. 

Shining Silhouette / Ookla the Debonair was executed! They were a member of the Shin High Council!

Paliah's Honorblade has been reclaimed or redistributed!

Vote Count:

• Shining Silhouette / Ookla the Debonair (3): Araris Valerian, Amanuensis / Ookla the Remembered, Tani / Ookla the Implosion
  • InfiniteInsanity (0): Shining Silhouette / Ookla the Debonair

Just a note that no rules have changed for this cycle.

The turn will end on Sunday December 11th at 11:00 PM PST.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Ookla the catastrophizer / Cinnamon - Ookla the POKE VOTE / Turtle Evelt-son-Urtal
  2. @Araris Valerian - Hadrian-son-Penrod
  3. Ookla the Unknown / The Unknown Novel - Dali-son-Nar Shin High Council
  4. The Wandering Wizard - Tweedle-son-son-Dumb - Shin High Council
  5. Ookla the Tall / Matrim's Dice - Dazi-son-ron - Shin High Council
  6. JNV - Jen-child-Verin Shin High Council, Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade
  7. Ookla the Perpetual / The Bookwyrm Rizam-son-Azram Shin High Council
  8. Ookla the Debonair / Shining Silhouette - Cheshire-son-Cat - Shin High Council
  9. @Ookla the Remembered / Amanuensis - Ookla the Forgotten / xinoehp512 - Jet-son-Blanc
  10. Kasimir - Kvaseth-son-Wysan - Shin High Council
  11. @InfiniteInsanity
  12. Chantara - Tukari Invader, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  13. _Stick_ - Tukari Invader, Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade
  14. Cash67 - Egg-son-Chicken Shin High Council, Bearer of Battar's Honorblade
  15. Illwei Shin High Council, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  16. Ookla the Paragrapher / Archer - Tweedle-son-Dee Shin High Council, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  17. Alvron - Izzy-daughter-Ammi Stone Shaman, Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade
  18. @Ookla the Implosion / Tani - Daalna
  19. Elkanah - Sun-son-son-Tsu Shin High Council
  20. Ookla the Omnicient / Szeth_Pancakes - Shin High Council

Well that's totally not depressing. Sorry Silho.

Game still going so we now know for certain it's a two elim team.

Insanity / Turtle doesn't work because no one could have submitted the Archer kill

Insanity / Tani works assuming that Insanity put in the JNV kill and Tani forgot or was not aware

Insanity / Araris works but requires Araris being an absolute madlad, and I wouldn't even be mad at this point

Tani / Turtle technically works but that would mean Tani pretended to forget she killed JNV

Given that I'm the only player that doesn't have a Blade, I guess what happens next is out of my hands.

It's been fun.

Well, for better or for worse Tani isn’t sending in any actions, so that makes it a bit easier for me to block the NK.

Edit: That’s not true, she was online 4 hours ago, which was well after rollover.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

Given that I'm the only player that doesn't have a Blade, I guess what happens next is out of my hands.

I forgot during N6 that I could pass you a blade, and also considered opening a PM with you for tonight.

Edited by Araris Valerian

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

Well, for better or for worse Tani isn’t sending in any actions, so that makes it a bit easier for me to block the NK.

Edit: That’s not true, she was online 4 hours ago, which was well after rollover.

I forgot during N6 that I could pass you a blade, and also considered opening a PM with you for tonight.

I would imagine e!Tani made sure to submit an order then =\

I considered requesting a blade too late too. PM would've been nice as well, but ultimately don't think it'd make a difference other than more fun :P

7 hours ago, Ashbringer said:
  • Shining Silhouette / Ookla the Debonair (3): Araris Valerian, Amanuensis / Ookla the Remembered, Tani / Ookla the Implosion
  • InfiniteInsanity (0): Shining Silhouette / Ookla the Debonair

Wait. I just realized there's a vote missing. Did you RB Insanity?

Edited by Ookla the Remembered

LG91 Day 8: Look At All Those Chickens!

The city of Earthen Truth was running out of people. It was not, however, completely out. There was still Daalna, Hadrian, Evelt, Jet, and Infinite. And there were chickens. Several of them.

But when morning came, the chickens were nowhere to be found. The three that had found each other, Hadrian, Jet, and Infinite, walked in search of them.

They found them, staring at a pair of corpses. Evelt, the blade once held by the traitor Stick next to their body.

But Daalna - the one the chickens seemed most perturbed by - Daalna was dead next to three. Intuition led to confirmation - Daalna had been an invader.

But what did this? Surely even an agitated group of chickens couldn't take down such a threat.

Surely.

Cinnamon / Ookla the catastrophizer was killed! They were a member of the Shin High Council and the Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade!

Tani / Ookla the Implosion was killed! They were a Tukari Invader and the Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade, the Bearer of Vedel's Honorblade, and the Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade!

Shalash's Honorblade is available to be claimed by Cinnamon's killer! If it remains unclaimed, it will be redistributed at the end of the Day Turn.

Jezrien's Honorblade is available to be claimed by Tani's killer! If it remains unclaimed, it will be redistributed at the end of the Day Turn.

Vedel's Honorblade is available to be claimed by Tani's killer! If it remains unclaimed, it will be redistributed at the end of the Day Turn.

Paliah's Honorblade is available to be claimed by Tani's killer! If it remains unclaimed, it will be redistributed at the end of the Day Turn.

The turn will end on Tuesday, December 13th, at 11:00 PM PST

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Ookla the catastrophizer / Cinnamon - Ookla the POKE VOTE / Turtle Evelt-son-Urtal - Shin High Council, Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade
  8. Ookla the Debonair / Shining Silhouette - Cheshire-son-Cat - Shin High Council
  9. @Ookla the Remembered / Amanuensis - Ookla the Forgotten / xinoehp512 - Jet-son-Blanc
  11. @InfiniteInsanity
  16. Ookla the Paragrapher / Archer - Tweedle-son-Dee Shin High Council, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  18. Ookla the Implosion / Tani - DaalnaTukari Invader, Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade, Bearer of Vedel's Honorblade, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade

Okay, I’m pretty sure Insanity is the last elim. I’ll go recheck the vote counts later, because Aman was fairly defensive of Tani, which Silho pointed out. But I don’t think e!Aman makes it quite so obvious he and Insanity are e/v.

And the best part about this is the village doesn’t lose if I mess this up! It just goes to either a tie (mutual kills) or a 50-50. And if I win the 50-50 I get all the honorblades :P.

Edit: I would appreciate each of you making a comprehensive case for the elim-ness of the other. I'm prepared to spend a fair amount of time trying to get this right, but I'd rather not have to figure this entirely on my own.

Edit 2: @Ashbringer if someone used Illumination during the night, is that protection still active?

Edit 3: If Tani used Illumination on her teammate (and I’m not sure what else the elims could have done if they didn’t block me) then I can’t RB Kalak, so even if I vote right today will come down to a 50-50.

Edited by Araris Valerian

4 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Okay, I’m pretty sure Insanity is the last elim. I’ll go recheck the vote counts later, because Aman was fairly defensive of Tani, which Silho pointed out. But I don’t think e!Aman makes it quite so obvious he and Insanity are e/v.

And the best part about this is the village doesn’t lose if I mess this up! It just goes to either a tie (mutual kills) or a 50-50. And if I win the 50-50 I get all the honorblades :P.

Edit: I would appreciate each of you making a comprehensive case for the elim-ness of the other. I'm prepared to spend a fair amount of time trying to get this right, but I'd rather not have to figure this entirely on my own.

Edit 2: @Ashbringer if someone used Illumination during the night, is that protection still active?

Edit 3: If Tani used Illumination on her teammate (and I’m not sure what else the elims could have done if they didn’t block me) then I can’t RB Kalak, so even if I vote right today will come down to a 50-50.

That hero shot! Well done Araris.

Holy crem, that's a lot of Blades :o

Insanity.

I will point out that I noticed Tani preferring non-Insanity votes (like tying Elk with Insanity which prompted us to consolidate) a turn or two ago. I probably should have explored that more before I gave up on Silho =/ retrospect is 20/20 and all that

Also, something that occurs to me: Tani has the blade from every kill after Alvron, who died while Xino was inactive and before I subbed in. If I was Tani's partner and Bladeless while she began with Vedel, I would be putting in the kills given I have no other availabile action.

Edited by Ookla the Remembered

35 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

Also, something that occurs to me: Tani has the blade from every kill after Alvron, who died while Xino was inactive and before I subbed in. If I was Tani's partner and Bladeless while she began with Vedel, I would be putting in the kills given I have no other availabile action.

Yeah, that checks out. You joined in time to claim Kalak, but it seems a little unlikely that inactive!Xino would have sent in that kill.

I’ll also note that I didn’t get hit with Tension last night, so Insanity had a free action.

I really hope that I don’t die and I get to walk away with an armory of honorblades :D

35 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Yeah, that checks out. You joined in time to claim Kalak, but it seems a little unlikely that inactive!Xino would have sent in that kill.

I’ll also note that I didn’t get hit with Tension last night, so Insanity had a free action.

I really hope that I don’t die and I get to walk away with an armory of honorblades :D

Assuming you RB Insanity so he can't use vote manip, I think we're safe? If Tani used any action, I bet it was to protect Insanity with Progression rather than Illumination.

I just wanted to get my hands on one Honorblade before the game ended :( but I'm happy for you too :P 

51 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

Assuming you RB Insanity so he can't use vote manip, I think we're safe? If Tani used any action, I bet it was to protect Insanity with Progression rather than Illumination.

I just wanted to get my hands on one Honorblade before the game ended :( but I'm happy for you too :P

Maybe? It depends on what the elims thought was going on. If Turtle/Cinnamon used Illumination on me, then they couldn’t RB me, so using Progression makes sense there. If they think I’m going to try and RB (which I tried to indicate in thread, so whoops), then they would use Illlumination. If they think I’m going for a kill but not protected by Illumination, then Transportation makes the most sense, since that doesn’t care about who I’m targeting.

I could be immune to vote manip and roleblocks right now from Illumination last night.

I guess it doesn’t actually help to work all this out though. Either today is a 50-50, or it isn’t. And we have no way of knowing for sure.

Also, if vote manip causes a 50-50 and I die, then there would be 6 blades getting distributed, including 2 protects and a kill, so the the village isn’t toast. Which makes me feel a bit better about things.

@Ashbringer, can vote manip in this game change a no-vote to a vote? 

13 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Ashbringer, can vote manip in this game change a no-vote to a vote? 

No.

Edit:

To answer the second question, yes Illumination used in the Night affects players in the following Day, even if the Illumination user died.

Edited by Ashbringer

LG91 Night 8: Duel

Hadrian, Jet, and Infinite. The last three stonefree souls in Earthen Truth. Everyone else was gone. Anyone who'd gone into hiding and defied the Stone Shaman's call had either fled or been killed by Tukari. But the Honorblades were still here. They'd all seen them.

It didn't take long for them to turn on each other. Hadrian and Jet were the louder pair, Infinite quieter by far. They had to act.

Infinite pointed a finger at Hadrian, but it was too late. A Blade swung and fell. And three became two.

Infinite fell, a single Honorblade falling from her grasp. Ishar's Honorblade. One that had been hidden for much of this time. Never known to fall into Tukari hands.

Hadrian and Jet shared a look. Infinite was innocent.

One of them wasn't.

InfiniteInsanity was executed! They were a member of the Shin High Council and the Bearer of Ishar's Honorblade!

Ishar's Honorblade was redistributed!

Jezrien's Honorblade has been claimed or redistributed!

Vedel's Honorblade has been claimed or redistributed!

Paliah's Honorblade has been claimed or redistributed!

Shalash's Honorblade has been claimed or redistributed!

Vote Count:

• InfiniteInsanity (2): Araris Valerian, Amanuensis / Ookla the Remembered
  • Araris Valerian (1): InfiniteInsanity

A few reminders/clarifications:

• The Tukari Invader win condition is to outnumber the Shin High Council, not reach parity with them. 
  • If all players die in the same turn, leaving no members of either faction alive, then the game will end in a draw.

The turn will end on Wednesday, December 14th, at 11:00 PM PST.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Ookla the catastrophizer / Cinnamon - Ookla the POKE VOTE / Turtle Evelt-son-Urtal - Shin High Council, Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade
  11. InfiniteInsanity Shin High Council, Bearer of Ishar's Honorblade
  18. Ookla the Implosion / Tani - Daalna Tukari Invader, Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade, Bearer of Vedel's Honorblade, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade