2 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

That feeling is also mutual (although I have no idea how you being an elim makes you incompetent. You've been hard-cleared by everyone until this point).

My gut says that e!Araris would have won already. Maybe that's a little overconfident, but I think bussing Stick would have been a really bad play. I probably also wouldn't have made PMs D1, or done my info dump.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

I had no reason to vote with you on Chantara. There were other votes in the lead when I came in but I pressed Chantara instead. You say my D5 play was constrained, but how? Because of JNV's claim? Because they got Illwei's blade while the Shaman was still alive? Chantara wasn't even a viable yeet when I got involved and I could have done several things to help her wiggle out of the noose.

I think this is your weakest argument here. I was pretty confirmed to be village at that point, and the way I was going after Chantara made it obvious that I had some extra information tat I was just unwilling to share. The safe play for you is to follow me and get some trust for the next day.

A counterpoint is that Chantara was holding Paliah, which the elims really wouldn't want the village to get ahold of. I do think e!you would have advised Chantara to make a much more believable set of action claims, though JNV turning up as having been roleblocked kinda sunk any real chances there.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

Why would e!Me push the one player that just about guarantees I'm an elim before Elkanah? Why would I not just let us waste the entire day dog-piling Elkanah? Doing so would have forced me to spend all of today defending myself while attempting to come up with another misyeet in the meantime.

Yeah, my bad. I was living in a 3-elim world yesterday, where e!you is teamed with e!Elk and needs that exe to not go through. v!you has more incentive to push for Insanity last cycle.

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

If I'm an elim and Insanity is village, why would I let Insanity prove they didn't put in the night kill?

You mean that e!you would have roleblocked Insanity (or had a teammate do it)? Or attempted to kill me, I suppose.

6 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

You do realize that all of your "why would I do this" have a relatively simple answer in my mind. 

To take suspicion off of you.

Now granted my mind isn't used to SE and is probably wrong about many things, but Xino had people who were weary of them. You come in and now you are putting work in to keep suspicion off of you.

The problem with this is that if elims have a path toward victory, they don't need to avoid suspicion. That's the argument I'm using to say that I didn't bus Stick and Chantara, and that I used to clear Archer. Some actions are so suboptimal that they just aren't worth doing. And here's the thing: Aman hasn't caused anything fundamentally different to happen over if I'd just been bouncing ideas off of a wall. I was the instigator of the Chanatara exe and the Elkanah exe. So in an e!Aman world we have to postulate that everything  he did the last two cycles was to set up an Insanity exe this cycle. Which I guess I don't buy anymore. Aman Insanity.

3 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

You mean that e!you would have roleblocked Insanity (or had a teammate do it)? Or attempted to kill me, I suppose.

Exactly. If e!me wanted v!Insanity killed, roleblocking Insanity or killing you would have been the call. Only e!Insanity benefits from using Tension on you. (Or, I suppose, v!Insanity would in an e!Tani world, in which case she votes Elkanah yesterday and leaves me alive to drive the Insanity votes today)

9 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

The problem with this is that if elims have a path toward victory, they don't need to avoid suspicion. That's the argument I'm using to say that I didn't bus Stick and Chantara, and that I used to clear Archer. Some actions are so suboptimal that they just aren't worth doing. And here's the thing: Aman hasn't caused anything fundamentally different to happen over if I'd just been bouncing ideas off of a wall. I was the instigator of the Chanatara exe and the Elkanah exe. So in an e!Aman world we have to postulate that everything  he did the last two cycles was to set up an Insanity exe this cycle. Which I guess I don't buy anymore. Aman Insanity.

I do have a question. Who do you think I could be teamed with at this point?

Bonus points if they could also be teamed with Insanity.

Do you still think Silho is a guarantee since Elkanah was village? As I said, I think Insanity/Silho makes the most sense as a team, although Insanity/Tani could work too.

Reason I ask is because I don't want to kill discussion dog-piling Insanity either and if you genuinely harbor suspicions of me, it's possible we could reach a middle ground too.

37 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Silho, realistically. I don't really see a world where he's village right now. And your argument is that he's Insanity's teammate anyways. I'm fine exeing either today I think.

I could see an Insanity/Tani world too tbh. I don't think Ishar's Blade, Shallash's Blade, and Vedel's Blade would be too OP of a combo to begin with? But I do feel like it's more likely for just a Shallash/Ishar combo, especially when NKs can earn new blades.

Turtle only works in a 3-elim-remaining world, I think? Or in a world where it's just Turtle and me. Idk if a four-man team starting with only Shallash and Kalak is balanced tho.

ED1T:

Araris. I'm spooked by this entire situation, but realistically, does e!Araris back down and switch to e!Insanity when he could have gotten away with pushing me further? No one else chimed in except Insanity and given the length of the entire game, Araris has more Village cred straight up, so it's likely others would follow him over me. Slightly paranoid that he didn't want to thread brawl and switched tactics to disarm me, but why vote Insanity over Silho then, since we both agree that Silho is very likely? Probably not teamed unless with Turtle as a third, and they're confident they can win no matter what by using their vote manip + Cinnamon's vote.

There's slight Insanity/Tani credence for her picking Elkanah over Insanity yesterday, but that seems like a bigger stretch than the much simpler answer of Insanity/Silho. Silho did vote Insanity briefly yesterday, and tbh that concerns me a little bit more than him not voting at all. It seems more performative in retrospect, with him taking the opportunity to vote a villager over their partner as soon as Araris gave them an out.

@Araris Valerian in case you don't see this edit, I would prefer Insanity myself if only to prove my innocence, but understand if you don't want to take that risk for me and would be willing to vote any player you believe could be my partner.

ED2T:

(1) InsanityAraris

Edited by Ookla the Remembered

30 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

@Araris Valerian in case you don't see this edit, I would prefer Insanity myself if only to prove my innocence, but understand if you don't want to take that risk for me and would be willing to vote any player you believe could be my partner.

Honestly, your last post had good points in it, and I honestly am less convinced that you are elim. And if you are, well, there's no shame in losing to elim!Aman now, is there :P.

Strategically, if you are willing, I'd rather kill Silho. He can be teamed with anyone that has a blade, and like you pointed out, he probably sent in the NK, so killing him will redirect Paliah to someone else.

4 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Honestly, your last post had good points in it, and I honestly am less convinced that you are elim. And if you are, well, there's no shame in losing to elim!Aman now, is there :P.

Strategically, if you are willing, I'd rather kill Silho. He can be teamed with anyone that has a blade, and like you pointed out, he probably sent in the NK, so killing him will redirect Paliah to someone else.

Oof. I just checked Silho's profile and found this.

Spoiler

This isn't a normal Silhouette/Debonair update. I've been doing a lot of thinking this last week, and I think I need to step away from the shard for a little while.

I absolutely love being a part of this wonderful, amazing community, and it's changed my life for the better in more than just a couple ways—don't get me wrong. The issue is I love hanging out with you all too much. I've had an issue with procrastination for much of my life, but this year it's been very difficult to reconcile the multiple daily meanders to the shard with all the pressure I've placed on myself recently. I've found myself slipping behind on some of the most important priorities in my life, which hasn't been especially beneficial to my mental health.

If, in an instant, I could immediately rectify my issues and return to the shard, believe me, I would. I know that I'll struggle in restraining myself for the time that I'm away, but that's part of the reason I'm writing this SU—I trust you all enough to hold me accountable.

I'll miss you guys a lot. I really will. I'll miss the random adventuring, the IKYK and paranoia of SE, the exciting wordplay and verbal spars, the philosophical discussions, the spontaneous RPing in random threads that shouldn't be there, and the posts that spiral into threads that spiral into crusades that spiral into clubs―all of it. 

I plan to step away for at least a week. Maybe I've been overly dramatic, but this is important to me, and I wanted to share my feelings as to not leave you all in the dark. This won't be a permanent thing; I know I'll have much more free time after the next few months and be able to rejoin the craziness once more. This is just something I feel I must do for myself, my wellbeing, and my future.

Goodbye for now!

—Shining Silhouette

He's not been online since posting this and it doesn't seem like he'll be coming back anytime soon.

10 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Well, I guess strategically it makes more sense to be voting for Insanity right now.

Insanity.

@Ookla the Implosion @Ookla the catastrophizer What're your thoughts? I think Araris and I have more or less reached an understanding.

Also, just noticed, but happy birthday Tani!

(2) InsanityAraris, Aman

1 hour ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

This isn't a normal Silhouette/Debonair update. I've been doing a lot of thinking this last week, and I think I need to step away from the shard for a little while.

I absolutely love being a part of this wonderful, amazing community, and it's changed my life for the better in more than just a couple ways—don't get me wrong. The issue is I love hanging out with you all too much. I've had an issue with procrastination for much of my life, but this year it's been very difficult to reconcile the multiple daily meanders to the shard with all the pressure I've placed on myself recently. I've found myself slipping behind on some of the most important priorities in my life, which hasn't been especially beneficial to my mental health.

If, in an instant, I could immediately rectify my issues and return to the shard, believe me, I would. I know that I'll struggle in restraining myself for the time that I'm away, but that's part of the reason I'm writing this SU—I trust you all enough to hold me accountable.

I'll miss you guys a lot. I really will. I'll miss the random adventuring, the IKYK and paranoia of SE, the exciting wordplay and verbal spars, the philosophical discussions, the spontaneous RPing in random threads that shouldn't be there, and the posts that spiral into threads that spiral into crusades that spiral into clubs―all of it. 

I plan to step away for at least a week. Maybe I've been overly dramatic, but this is important to me, and I wanted to share my feelings as to not leave you all in the dark. This won't be a permanent thing; I know I'll have much more free time after the next few months and be able to rejoin the craziness once more. This is just something I feel I must do for myself, my wellbeing, and my future.

Goodbye for now!

—Shining Silhouette

He's not been online since posting this and it doesn't seem like he'll be coming back anytime soon.

I'm really sorry about this everyone—I'll be here for the rest of the game. I just spaced it out. I apologize to @Ashbringer or anyone else if I caused you panic. I'm extremely embarrassed I forgot about this.

So right now we're between <Me, Insanity, Aman>? Were we considering Tani/Turtle?

Edit:

Insanity

Edited by Ookla the Debonair

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

Insanity.

@Ookla the Implosion @Ookla the catastrophizer What're your thoughts? I think Araris and I have more or less reached an understanding.

I'd also rather kill Silho. However, since there appears to be a greater likelihood of e!Inity, I should probably vote there.

Also, just noticed, but happy birthday Tani!

Thanks!

Two posts in 18 hours :o Mikey no likey

19 hours ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

I'm really sorry about this everyone—I'll be here for the rest of the game. I just spaced it out. I apologize to @Ashbringer or anyone else if I caused you panic. I'm extremely embarrassed I forgot about this.

So right now we're between <Me, Insanity, Aman>? Were we considering Tani/Turtle?

Edit:

Insanity

No need to be embarrassed. I'm grateful you came back, though I 100% get IRL needing to take precedence and how the shard encourages procrastination. I myself have an essay to write due Sunday (my last one for this semester, thank Almighty).

Turtle only works on a 3-man-remaining-team with Insanity+You or a 2-man team with either Me or Tani. Because of you getting role blocked N5 and Insanity using Tension on Araris N6, the main theory is Insanity killed JNV and you killed Alvron+Archer.

@Araris Valerian given Silho's return and the fact he still has IRL responsibilities, we could switch over to him and make his life easier :P

ED1T:

@Ookla the catastrophizer hey Cinnamon, pinging you again because if you're village like I suspect we could use your help :P

2 hours ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

@Araris Valerian given Silho's return and the fact he still has IRL responsibilities, we could switch over to him and make his life easier :P

52 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Sounds like a good enough excuse for me! Insanity Silho.

As much as I do really appreciate this, we lose if we misexe again right?

23 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Silho, realistically. I don't really see a world where he's village right now.

Well, we must be missing something big, because I still am village and there is a world. This world :P

On 12/9/2022 at 10:14 AM, Araris Valerian said:

Oh yeah, Silho is the only player left that didn’t start with a blade. 

If two elims left (which is the world that we're considering), don't you think this implies V!Silho for distro purposes?

On 12/9/2022 at 10:14 AM, Araris Valerian said:

And you’re right that e!Tani could still be a thing because of Paliah.

We have the <Aman, Tani, Cinnamon, Insanity> pool of elims that started with a blade. Aman and Tani are the only two that could also have sent the NK. Now, e!Tani has no reason to use either of her Blade abilities, though she could be holding Kalak or Jezrien as well. In an e!Aman world, he probably is holding Jezrien, and the only practical use of that blade is to find who v!Tani is protecting. 

If this is true, why are we going after me? :P

2 hours ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

No need to be embarrassed. I'm grateful you came back, though I 100% get IRL needing to take precedence and how the shard encourages procrastination. I myself have an essay to write due Sunday (my last one for this semester, thank Almighty).

*Cries in midterms for 6 APs*

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

As much as I do really appreciate this, we lose if we misexe again right?

Well, we must be missing something big, because I still am village and there is a world. This world :P

If two elims left (which is the world that we're considering), don't you think this implies V!Silho for distro purposes?

If this is true, why are we going after me? :P

*Cries in midterms for 6 APs*

In a 3-elim-world, we immediately lose. Otherwise we have 1 more day after this (2-2).

Tani is the only last partner of Insanity, but that would mean the elims starting with a protection blade on top of Ishtar and Shallash.

Distro wise, it’s tough, but I could buy it. Ishar to supply alternating protections and untrackable kills?

He meant of those he listed. Cinnamon was inactive and Insanity used Tension. Your action is unaccountable.

Ugh. You got this!

16 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

No, because I can attempt to murder Aman if this goes poorly :P. Or Insanity. Or roleblock someone. I have some options.

Okay, that's good.

So who are my "guaranteed" partners if I'm evil. Insanity? Tani? Aman?

What are your thoughts on team comp?

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

Distro wise, it’s tough, but I could buy it. Ishar to supply alternating protections and untrackable kills?

Spoiler

Not me pulling up the rules to actually see what the blades do edit: for like the first time this game :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Ookla the Debonair
i have read the rules lol I'm not that bad

Um. Guys, here's a thing...

I can't be on at all in Night 7 if the rotation continues as-is, because I don't Shard on Sundays. Everyone knows this about me.

Since Archer got NK'd (ed1t: and the Shaman's dead), we (ed1t: probably) can't trust whoever holds Pailiah to protect Araris, and if I'm not on at night I can't protect myself/Araris either.

If I decide to Shard this Sunday, I'll probably get banned from the Shard entirely for a while, and definitely get banned from Sharding on Sunday.

Basically if the current day/night cycle isn't changed, the Elims get another free shot.

@AshbringerIf we complain enough/agree that we want the Night turn extended for a few hours, would you do it?

Edited by Ookla the Implosion

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Implosion said:

Since Archer got NK'd (ed1t: and the Shaman's dead), we (ed1t: probably) can't trust whoever holds Pailiah to protect Araris, and if I'm not on at night I can't protect myself/Araris either.

I don’t need to be protected anymore though. Either I block the kill (don’t need a protect), kill an elim (one elim doesn’t need Chana), or fail to do either (and we lose regardless). In all cases protecting me doesn’t matter. 

Edit: I guess there’s the possibility that Ash lets you submit an action early. Also, unless Sunday in your time zone exactly overlaps with the cycles for this game, you would have a 1-2 hour window on one end where it would be N7 but not Sunday if that helps.

Edited by Araris Valerian