LG91 Day 1: Invasion

The Shin warriors trickled into the city of Earthen Truth, looking at the dirt of the ground beneath them. They'd done what they could at the borders, but it had been a long time since Shinovar had been tested in battle, and there were less stonebound fighters than their Shamans had hoped for. Still, they'd done well on the front lines, but there were several reports of individual Tukari getting behind their lines. Which was exactly what the Shamans had feared - an Infiltration team. There was no talk of Radiants along the borders, which was a blessing - the Knights Radiant would be more focused on that stirring at Rall Elorium, and Nin-son-God had kept to his bargain.

Still, it was not a happy day in Earthen Truth.

A speaker, Carye-daughter-Liretiel, was announcing from the center square. The Shamans had a plan.

The Honorblades - all, or at least most, of them - were gathered in the city. They believed this had also drawn the Tukari Invaders, including the ones who had allegedly been hunting for the more exposed Blades. But they were here now. And now no one would leave until they were found.

Welcome to LG91! There will be an execution this cycle. Remember there is no vote minimum and ties are random. All GM PMs should be out by now, so let me know if you don't have one.

PMs are closed. Any PMs opened by Abrasion will be opened by me, but will remain open the rest of the game.

Also minor clarification - I thought I made the timeline for this game post-Recreance. Apparently I did not... but still, there are no Radiants or other secrets in this game. Maybe next time. 

The turn will end on Tuesday, November 22nd, at 11:00 PM PST. Apologies again for it being kinda late for most in the US, but it's a time I can guarantee I'll be free whether on break or in school or (hopefully) with exams. But do note I'll hopefully be asleep a few hours after rollover goes up. 

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Turtle - Evelt-son-Urtal
  2. @Araris Valerian - Hadrian-son-Penrod
  3. @The Unknown Novel - Dali-son-Nar
  4. @The Wandering Wizard - Tweedle-son-son-Dumb
  5. @Matrim's Dice - Dazi-son-ron
  6. @JNV - Jen-child-Verin
  7. @The Bookwyrm - Rizam-son-Azram
  8. @Shining Silhouette - Cheshire-son-Cat
  9. @xinoehp512 - Jet-son-Blanc
  10. @Kasimir - Kvaseth-son-Wysan
  11. @InfiniteInsanity
  12. @Chantara
  13. @_Stick_
  14. @Cash67 - Egg-son-Chicken
  15. @Illwei
  16. @Archer - Tweedle-son-Dee
  17. @Alvron - Izzy-daughter-Ammi
  18. @Tani - Daalna
  19. @Elkanah - Sun-son-son-Tsu
  20. @Szeth_Pancakes

hi imma be less active this game bc it’s thanksgiving and i’m going on a vacation thing

HELLO THIS IS A POKE VOTE

mat

edit: uh sorry shining already voted mat but i can’t edit votes but i don’t wanna double post so i’ll keep that until someone posts and then change it lol

Edited by Turtle

20 a perfect number for a D20.

The dice has spoken Chantara.

Tweedle-son-son-Dumb looked at his oathstone and had to resist the urge to eat it. 

Those colors though, such a delicious looking rock.

No, I can not eat it, not yet at least.

His previous owner was dead, but so was the man who had killed him. A quandary it was. So Tweedle-son-son-Dumb sat in a forest, waiting for a new master to come and find him.

Rollover’s at midnight in my current timezone, but once I get back to my normal one it’ll be 11. Which isn’t much better, but it’s at least possible to get to rollover :P Here now though. And it looks like I’m not too late :P.

Archer

Edited by Matrim's Dice

4 minutes ago, Chantara said:

Oh sweet! I love being the dice’s favorite! 

Do you wanna vote for Wiz with me for the sin of random voting? It's the least useful type in terms of the information it provides. 

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Rollover’s at midnight in my current timezone, but once I get back to my normal one it’ll be 11. Which isn’t much better, but it’s at least possible to get to rollover :P Here now though. And it looks like I’m not too late :P.

Archer

I see your midnight and raise you 2am! 

Tweedle-son-Dee awoke with a bellyache, having eaten his oathstone. He wondered if he'd have room for turkey later. 

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

hi imma be less active this game bc it’s thanksgiving and i’m going on a vacation thing

HELLO THIS IS A POKE VOTE

mat

edit: uh sorry shining already voted mat but i can’t edit votes but i don’t wanna double post so i’ll keep that until someone posts and then change it lol

Will note that people usually don't care too much about piling votes on a single player without reason on D1s (good pressure tactic), so the disinclination towards putting him in the lead interesting. :ph34r:

@The Unknown Novel I noticed that you were online after the thread went up but you haven't posted yet so here's a nudge TUN

9 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Will note that people usually don't care too much about piling votes on a single player without reason on D1s (good pressure tactic), so the disinclination towards putting him in the lead interesting. :ph34r:

@The Unknown Novel I noticed that you were online after the thread went up but you haven't posted yet so here's a nudge TUN

I'm a bit hazy on this 'interesting' word here.

Is this 'I wanna vote for you' interesting, or 'I think that's kinda sus' interesting, or 'gee IDK it just stood out to me' interesting :eyes:

'Cause you prefaced it like the sorta thing you'd follow up with a vote and then went to nudge TUN instead which is...interesting to me.

And when I say interesting, I mean my brain briefly entertained Stick/Turtle crack before returning to the mode where I mourn my inability to do RP today because werk werk.

12 minutes ago, Archer said:

Do you wanna vote for Wiz with me for the sin of random voting? It's the least useful type in terms of the information it provides. 

@Araris Valerian summoning spell cast.

16 minutes ago, Archer said:

I see your midnight and raise you 2am! 

Sure, but all that should mean is that you get to the thread sooner, right? :P 

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Is this 'I wanna vote for you' interesting, or 'I think that's kinda sus' interesting, or 'gee IDK it just stood out to me' interesting :eyes:

Pretty sure she’s implying that I’m e/e with turtle :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

7 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

'Cause you prefaced it like the sorta thing you'd follow up with a vote and then went to nudge TUN instead which is...interesting to me.

And when I say interesting, I mean my brain briefly entertained Stick/Turtle crack before returning to the mode where I mourn my inability to do RP today because werk werk.

@Araris Valerian summoning spell cast.

naur I wanted to see whether they actually take the vote off (now that other people have posted) without putting explicit pressure on them to do so.

edit:

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Pretty sure she’s implying that I’m e/e with turtle :P

Am I correct? :ph34r:

Edited by _Stick_

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Pretty sure she’s implying that I’m e/e with turtle :P.

Right, but if that's what you think, why not go pressure Turtle or you, right? 

I say this without voting for my vote is currently on Stick and I feel it would be disrespecting her birthday to remove it this easily today <3

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

naur I wanted to see whether they actually take the vote off (now that other people have posted) without putting explicit pressure on them to do so.

Why though.

Or I guess, what difference do you expect there would be.

I recognise this is D1 so a lot of this will wash out but I'm still curious.

P.S. Hoo boy Beiranvand took one hell of a hit RIP Iran D: 

6 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

edit:

Am I correct? :ph34r:

I mean. Turtle implied they were going to take the vote off soonish in their post, so doing so without pressure wouldn’t be interesting, it’d be expected.

What do you think? :ph34r: 

Just now, Kasimir said:

This just in, folks:

No Elim hammer from Archer or Mat this game :ph34r:

I’d stay up to do it, especially next week when I gain an hour back :P. So if anything it should be a red flag if I’m around at rollover on weekdays :P 

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

I’d stay up to do it, especially next week when I gain an hour back :P. So if anything it should be a red flag if I’m around at rollover on weekdays :P 

*This just in folks, no Elim hammer from Archer this game, but if you see Mat lurking like a shark, be wary. Be very wary :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

Right, but if that's what you think, why not go pressure Turtle or you, right? 

I say this without voting for my vote is currently on Stick and I feel it would be disrespecting her birthday to remove it this easily today <3

Why though.

Or I guess, what difference do you expect there would be.

I recognise this is D1 so a lot of this will wash out but I'm still curious.

P.S. Hoo boy Beiranvand took one hell of a hit RIP Iran D: 

IMO, I think e!turtle would've removed their vote off e!Mat if I voted on them for it because that's what they said they'd do anyway (i.e. no reaction). Having played E with turtle, I dont expect them to react to pressure. But with just me pointing it out without too much pressure, I expected them to leave their vote on for longer to appear less e/e (that is a reaction, in this case). 

It doesn't matter anymore >>

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

IMO, I think e!turtle would've removed their vote off e!Mat if I voted on them for it because that's what they said they'd do anyway (i.e. no reaction). Having played E with turtle, I dont expect them to react to pressure. But with just me pointing it out without too much pressure, I expected them to leave their vote on for longer to appear less e/e (that is a reaction, in this case). 

It doesn't matter anymore >>

Imma be honest Stick.

IDGAF atm whether you're Village Stick rn or Evil Stick but uh.

Take it from me. I'd argue you should dial down any predictions of what is logical for E!Turtle to do and just do the first level, most obvious E!Turtle response, barring the expectation that in a game like this, a team of five should be more proactive about establishing what should be done.

You can ask @Matrim's Dice or @The Wandering Wizard why >>

Edited to add:

Like if you're Village and still alive later into the game and I'm not alive to yell this for whatever reason, you'll want to adjust your calculus. 'Cause if you don't, there's a chance it can come back to bite you when you really don't want it to. Potentially could change as Turtle plays more games and I'm too lazy to check Turtle's current MU game count. Also as I said, team of five might temper E!Turtle's responses, but - QF63. Just don't >>

Edited by Kasimir