Since it doesn’t feel like we’re getting anywhere… Mat‘s snark this game feels more e!him than v!him. This is probably just me, since I always feel like Mat is vaguely suspicious, but I don’t have any conclusive reads at this point & I feel like one of the people on my D1 train is probably an elim. So yeah.

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

Since it doesn’t feel like we’re getting anywhere… Mat‘s snark this game feels more e!him than v!him. This is probably just me, since I always feel like Mat is vaguely suspicious, but I don’t have any conclusive reads at this point & I feel like one of the people on my D1 train is probably an elim. So yeah.

Have you ever even played with e!me? xD

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

Like how you DEFINITELY AREN'T being sarcastic right now?

Are we doing a bit or did you say e when you meant v?

No, I’m being serious. You vote me on the basis that my tone is like when I’m elim, but claim to not remember if you’ve played with e!me all that well. That’s contradictory.

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

No, I’m being serious. You vote me on the basis that my tone is like when I’m elim, but claim to not remember if you’ve played with e!me all that well. That’s contradictory.

Oh I thought we were doing a bit. I played with e!you like four times in a row, remember? When I was just joining? It was a whole thing.

Edited by Ookla the Omniscient

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

Oh I thought we were doing a bit. I played with e!you like four times in a row, remember? When I was just joining? It was a whole thing.

Clearly not :P. But I went back and checked, and yeah you did play in LG76, MR59, and LG77 and I was evil in all of those. I guess I just have to applaud your memory since those were a looooong time ago.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Clearly not. But I went back and checked, and yeah you did play in LG76, MR59, and LG77 and I was evil in all of those. I guess I just have to applaud your memory since those were a looooong time ago.

Those were my first three games, so I remember them well :P

Anyway, yeah. Your playstyle might have changed, but from what I remember you seem a bit more elimmy this game. It's more of a gut read than anything, though.

I don't assume the pizza trick will work again :blink:

3 hours ago, Tani said:

Does this mean I've been away for too long?

Probably, yes.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Szeth.

?

Szeth Xino

I really need to do RP. But same reason as Elk: I don't like the vote-hopping/jumping, it was early in the game to do it, and I think that reflects a certain disengagement from the cycle I haven't seen in Xino's last two Village games.

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

?

None of my reasons for voting Szeth have been resolved, and there have been several more to increase my suspicion, so I put my vote on him. And the thread felt too quiet, so I voted to hopefully generate some activity. Although now that I look at it, it isn't too bad, but my first point still stands.

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

None of my reasons for voting Szeth have been resolved, and there have been several more to increase my suspicion, so I put my vote on him. And the thread felt too quiet, so I voted to hopefully generate some activity. Although now that I look at it, it isn't too bad, but my first point still stands.

Mind walking me through them again, of your courtesy?

I'm moderately okay with voting one of the two CWs but I have to admit Szeth's tone feels pure to me. That being said, I also still do not like the train his self-pres ended up on, and the tie-seeking could go either way. But I also admit I would never have caught Gorilla if not for that PM, so I could just be really wrong here.

Edited to add: Can the Americans explain to me if this is normal for Thanksgiving season? We don't have the holiday here (no drek) so I'm seriously wondering about/concerned at the thread death, and at least moderately of the view I'm better off spending my time catching up with the World Cup at this rate.

Edited by Kasimir

25 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Mind walking me through them again, of your courtesy?

I'm moderately okay with voting one of the two CWs but I have to admit Szeth's tone feels pure to me. That being said, I also still do not like the train his self-pres ended up on, and the tie-seeking could go either way. But I also admit I would never have caught Gorilla if not for that PM, so I could just be really wrong here.

I think the biggest thing for me would be the self vote since I see that as AtE more than anything else (mu people I know AtE is the wrong term, I just mean that I feel like that vote was cast because eLiMs wOUld neVeR seLf voTe yknow what I mean :P)

I think the biggest thing for me would be the self vote since I see that as AtE more than anything else (mu people I know AtE is the wrong term, I just mean that I feel like that vote was cast because eLiMs wOUld neVeR seLf voTe yknow what I mean :P)

I mean, that's also sort of dependent on your player meta, so as to speak. But I say this as a player with a history of dgaf self-voting so there's that. Like, you have your meta and you and Archer always consider self-votes illogical and not to do them, Maili and I have ours. But that's a side-issue.

If you point out that's the biggest thing, then are you implying you have no other reasons to read Szeth as sus prior to that?

I know you've said you want to flip one of the CWs. Frankly, it's a <me, Szeth, Bookwyrm> choice then, and you're hesitating on Bookwyrm (which understandable, I kind of am as I don't like the train disintegration.)

Edited to add: When I say Szeth's tone is pure, I'm referring to Szeth seeking a tie for informational reasons, as I mentioned I think N1. It still reads sincere to me, just sincerely very wrong. But again, Szeth still doubled down on a tie despite being called on it, and voted Wiz over Bookwyrm, which in my view is a Voting Choice and a half and if you focus on votes, then that's a movement I dislike.

Edited by Kasimir

13 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

If you point out that's the biggest thing, then are you implying you have no other reasons to read Szeth as sus prior to that?

…No, biggest implies that there are smaller ones :P.

…No, biggest implies that there are smaller ones :P.

Ok, so what are they...?

Like seriously, dude. Are you busy? Is it like pulling teeth? Is there a reason y'all just don't want to?

For real, what is this?

Edited to add: I don't expect everyone to be as active as they were in D1 or to be omnipresent in the thread but I'm extremely thrown by how quiet and low temperature the thread is. Either the Elims are extremely comfortable or no one actually cares, given the state of the votes, and I'm happy to make it an inclusive or right now.

I don't really know why I'm bothering to try to get this fricking exe right when it seems no one else is interested in trying to make sense of D1 or N1.

If it's a NA holiday thing, someone please explain this to my confused Asian soul.

Lynch me if you all want. I'm done. I'm going to catch up on the Brazil match.

Edited by Kasimir

22 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

sincerely very wrong.

I still don't get this.

24 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Your reasoning there is flawed. (Also, what does AtE mean?) V people can still try to clear suspicion from themselves, even if they're doing so ineffectually. And that's not even why I self-voted. It was just for fun. And strawberry shortcake.

Edited b/c I didn't see the new page:

@Kasimir, I guess it differs. But by this time most places, people should be free. Idk. I don't really celebrate the turkey day.

Edited by Ookla the Omniscient

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

Ok, so what are they...?

Like seriously, dude. Are you busy? Is it like pulling teeth? Is there a reason y'all just don't want to?

For real, what is this?

It is Thanksgiving night in America, so yes, no, and not really, but I am on vacation playing primarily from mobile and from my head with almost no backreading. Sorry if that’s hard to work with :P. 

Whatever everyone else has— those reasons xD Can’t recall them specifically, something about votes I think and I disagree that he feels pure. The reasons that those are less is that they’re not my own and I’m wary of that.