4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

@Shining Silhouette declining to get involved, versus @Tani apparently flipping a coin between Mat and Wiz. With regard to Chaos!Silho, I think it's fair to make the point that Silho was a bit more helpful in previous games even in chaos mode. Silho, what's your view of the game right now? Similar question for Tani.

That a fair point. This is the first cycle I haven't voted since the D1 of LG88, my first game. So it is very unusual for me.

My view of the game is basically "WOW THATS A LOT OF PAGES"

You know what I'm going to go back and figure out what the heck happened last cycle and get back to you *salute*

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

You have only yourself to blame, Mr 'I Made Thread PMs!' :P 

I suppose you're right :D.

LG91: Silho/Turtle/Illwei

Spoiler
Spoiler

Hey, why not group PMs?!

Stealing your format—works much better

LG91: Silho/Kas

Spoiler
Spoiler

Why you gotta call me out like that in-thread?

*ahem*

I suppose I should go write a long post now

edit: accidentally posted before finished

Edited by Shining Silhouette

Told you Wiz was a bad kill. Was there a reason people voted him besides ties? And like, can we avoid that being the only reason in the future? Thanks much >>

Chantara’s vote definitely makes me squint, but I totally could see newer me doing that, so who knows.

I think this is a game where flipping the countertrains to Wiz will be helpful— because of the number of people who wanted ties, if the countertrains are villagers, elims are more likely among the people who tried to tie it.

Also, @Archer - what's the point of asking Araris to vote Xino with you and then staying put?

I think I said I'd happily vote Xino, then Araris asked me to follow him. He had Xino pressure covered and I was waiting on Wiz so I didn't bother, then I changed my mind because I felt it fit Xino's playstyle, even though it's a generally strange move. 

My guess is that people who arbitrarily limit their options based on the VC are doing it because of thread fatigue, not malice. They figure votes have been cast for a reason, so it's easier to pick among three than twenty. 

Or votes are cast based on VC because people want to get lucky by applying pressure to an elim by bringing them into the fold. Problem is that's essentially random and allows you to not give any reasons. Elims can use the cover of wanting to make a tie to bring other wagons up to the level of their endangered teammates and the tie maker players won't question it because it matches their philosophy. Feel free to prove me wrong by telling me what good thinking about ties 24 hours before rollover did us, Alv, Elk, Szeth. You applied so much parity with so much advance warning that the elims were ostensibly guaranteed not to be in the lead and were guaranteed not to be able to break the tie, so why would they bother messing with it? 

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Told you Wiz was a bad kill. Was there a reason people voted him besides ties? And like, can we avoid that being the only reason in the future? Thanks much >>

RNG voter. Then because Alv said something like 'I suspect you at-Archer for casting that vote' and that was weird. And then I couldn't tell if their posts about them dying for the good of the village seemed like a normal reaction.... but they certainly weren't pressing hard to save themselves so I switched. 

Szeth had a cockiness to their posts that I felt wasn't warrented by a villager who didn't have enough context to be confident since they hadn't completed reading the thread. Plus, voted for an unreadable reason in someone I'm village reading. 

LG91: Silho/Turtle/Illwei

Spoiler
Spoiler

our format is the best :P

and there aren’t any rules forbidding in thread group pms, right ash?

kas, idk how to say that wasn’t performative, but like i’ll remind you of lg90 (90 right?) dead doc where you e!read me for tmi :P

edit: also elkanah idk if anyone else has said this but lhf is low hanging fruit, easy misexes for elims to set up if that makes sense

edit #2: can someone post so I can put a long post in without editing it in pls n thx?

Edited by ookla the POKE VOTE
spelling

7 hours ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

gosh darns it sticky

You voted for Wizard...

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Curious if you did that?

Nope - was in class and didn't have a quick way to find it among 16 pages, got in just in time to see people going nuts with the ties and did what I thought I should do, i.e. vote in favour of my positive read. Like I've said before, my D1 strategy is ensuring an exe on anybody while steering it away from players I have even a slight village read on (if anybody at all).

Why are people elim-reading bookwyrm? I found their misunderstanding with Mat regarding Araris' post to be villagery. Part of the reason is probably just that I'd also initially interpreted Araris' post in that way (to mean that his Alv vote was based off Alv's voting which didnt make sense as Alv had yet to post).

But anyway my preferred exe would've been szeth pancakes.

6 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Why are people elim-reading bookwyrm?

I think there’s e/e potential between them and Insanity, and that their early voting early on looks bad. I do agree with Kas about the exe being too bad to be right, to an extent, but that doesn’t change that of the three options for the exe the one I was v reading the most was the one that died :P 

3 hours ago, Kasimir said:

@Ookla the Omniscient You wanted a tie, meaning you were fine with exeing Wiz. You also placed your final vote on Wiz. This isn't a situation in which 'gosh darns it sticky' makes sense. Stick may have been the deciding vote, but this was also an endgame you were ok with either way.

I was tired; I just wanted a tie :P

Sorry, Sticky

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

I was tired; I just wanted a tie :P

Seconding Kas by asking you: What do you think we would have gained with the tie? What did you gain from trying to tie it? I think there are things to be gained from a close vote but y'all hyperfocused on it so much that analysis went out the window. Analysis should go side-by-side with a close vote, and it really didn't.

This is why I prefer tie votes killing everyone involved. It tends to make people a lot less crazy about something that is generally unhelpful for the village but that feels fun and random to some players.

Ooh, I have a better idea that Alvron would probably love. If a vote is tied, neither player dies but instead one of the tied folks is randomly chosen, then everyone who voted for them dies :P.

12 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Seconding Kas by asking you: What do you think we would have gained with the tie? What did you gain from trying to tie it? I think there are things to be gained from a close vote but y'all hyperfocused on it so much that analysis went out the window. Analysis should go side-by-side with a close vote, and it really didn't.

I honestly can't remember. It's been a while since I've played SE & I was really out of it yesterday :P

1: all three wagons are V

The Wandering Wizard (5): xinoeph512 / Ookla the Forgotten, _Stick_, Elkanah, Tani, Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient

The Bookwyrm / Ookla the Perpetual (4): The Wandering Wizard, JNV, Araris Valerian, Alvron

Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient (3): The Unknown Novel, Archer, Matrim's Dice

Matrim’s Dice (2): InfiniteInsanity, Chantara

Alvron (2): Illwei, Cash67

Kasimir (1): Kasimir

not voting: Bookwyrm, Shining Silhouette, Turtle

assuming 4-6 elims, the elims are definitely not all voting together and I’d be surprised if even three of them were voting together. Makes me thing insanity/chantara not paired and all of tun/archer/mat not paired. Kas seems vt for the self vote here. 

-alv can be e totally

-if alv e cash v

-jnv and araris prob v for voting with alv, max one of them e

POE <chantara/insanity, tun, archer, mat, alv, silho, xino, stick, tani> bc i don’t see alv/elk and i’m seeing e!alv

2: bookwyrm e, szeth v

The Wandering Wizard (5): xinoeph512 / Ookla the Forgotten, _Stick_, Elkanah, Tani, Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient

The Bookwyrm / Ookla the Perpetual (4): The Wandering Wizard, JNV, Araris Valerian, Alvron

Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient (3): The Unknown Novel, Archer, Matrim's Dice

-Kas’s self vote is towny regardless of bookwyrm/szeth’s alignment but that bight be confbias.

-JNV and Araris look good here. 

-Idk abt alvron bc it could just be bus cred

-I think one of <tun, archer, mat> is elim here, but not more than one. Need to reread eod1 but I’m saying mat is most likely. 

-One of <Chantara, insanity> can be elim but not both; if mat e then insanity can be e

-Illwei/Cash not e/e but can be v/v, cash more likely e when alv is v. 

-the more i think abt it the more v alv seems here, bookwyrm train likely pure and if anyone isn’t pure its probably jnv

-one of <xino, stick, elkanah> can be elim, maybe two

-elk can be e alv probably isn’t

poe is <xino, stick, elk, mat, insanity/chantara, tun/archer, cash, silho>

3: Szeth e bookwyrm v

The Wandering Wizard (5): xinoeph512 / Ookla the Forgotten, _Stick_, Elkanah, TaniSzeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient

-again one of <tun, archer, mat> can be e, whichever one likes to bus most lol

-<xino, stick, elk, tani> all softclear here for voting with an elim when elims can just spread out, but very slight softclear. max one of that group can be elim, not two.

-Szeth voters all look good, especially archer and mat

-one of insanity/chantara can be elim but not both, same with illwei/cash

-alv and elk can both be e but they aren’t e/e, i like alv better

POE is <szeth, silho, cash, insanity/chantara, tun, jnv/araris, alvron>

team guess is <szeth alv tun cash chantara jnv silho>

ok i’ll do tiered reads soon

edit: oh i forgot szeth/bookwyrm e/e

i don’t see that though but whatever i might do that later

20 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Ooh, I have a better idea that Alvron would probably love. If a vote is tied, neither player dies but instead one of the tied folks is randomly chosen, then everyone who voted for them dies :P.

Sadly that would likely result in players pulling their votes off at the last minute. Better off making it so one of the ones voted for dies along with one of the voters. Kinda like a Jester.

4 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Sadly that would likely result in players pulling their votes off at the last minute. Better off making it so one of the ones voted for dies along with one of the voters. Kinda like a Jester.

i wonder if this mechanic is pro village honestly

maybe ties could result in the next highest exe dying that would be interesting

edit: alvron tunnel slightly averted by way of szeth tunnel, send help

edit 2: link to help test 3: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/37707-help-test-3-exploiting-modbot-for-unholy-purposes?p=6478981#post6478981

@ookla the POKE VOTE what does blue and orange highlights mean on names in your analysis? 

Also what’s POE stand for?

Edit: PM for Poke Vote

Spoiler
Spoiler

So if I’m reading your analysis right concerning me, it’s either me or Alv that is on the Raiders?

Edited by Cash67

4 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

@ookla the POKE VOTE what does blue and orange highlights mean on names in your analysis? 

Also what’s POE stand for?

Edit: PM for Poke Vote

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents

So if I’m reading your analysis right concerning me, it’s either me or Alv that is on the Raiders?

blue is v orange is e

poe is process of elimination, or all the people who could be e

LG91: Cash/Turtle:

Spoiler
Spoiler

not… really?

this is analysis based on who is wolf

so i take the top wagons and assume each one is a different alignment and look at what comes from there if that makes sense

and i’m honestly not sure who the raiders are which shows how much flavor i remember sorry ash

tbh the lack of talking makes me slightly sad bc it makes me feel like we’re undervaluing being able to talk during the night

like you never realize it’s a boost to the village to be allowed to talk during the night until you can’t talk during the night

but i’m gonna be without internet for ~5 hours so uh

wanna do a top read bottom read null read game?

say who your top v read is, your top e read, and someone you read as null

also say what your favorite desert is

edit: kas can i get some chouta

edit 2: right my answer would be

kas

elkanah

alvron

43 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Why are people elim-reading bookwyrm? I found their misunderstanding with Mat regarding Araris' post to be villagery. Part of the reason is probably just that I'd also initially interpreted Araris' post in that way (to mean that his Alv vote was based off Alv's voting which didnt make sense as Alv had yet to post).

My bookwrym suspicion boils down to this line of theirs

Mat. He seems to be looking for proof in something that isn't relevant, which is suspicious.

Whcih is just the wildest thing Ive heard lately like what cause its trying to discredit Matrims line of argumentation and Matrim as a whole and evidence gathering in general and like I fully acknowledge this is more based on my emotional reaction to this line over the actual likelihood that this is something someone evil owuld say and I should probably get better reads but wowza 

And then the way they retract is just

GAAAAAH this is frustrating.

I voted Mat because he saw something suspicious from his POV, and I had a hard time empathizing. He's doing the exact same thing I did, so my vote isn't really justified.

You all keep posting faster than I can keep up!

I need to re-read this thread so I know what the heck happened, and so I can make my own reads that are based on more than a flimsy assumption.

Ok it might be me right it might just be me but Bookwyrm just feels really... performative I guess like I think its the italics honestly the italics are doing it but like calling it a 'flimsy assumption' is also getting to me its an hour and a half later and I cant help but feel the full 180 on the opinion just cause they got like foru votes off it I mean that might not be how it is but thats sure how it feels but that turnaround is just so gaaah its very much also a tonal thing I think I need to reroute my brain to get used to how they talk cause everything they say feels tonally like not words I dont really know how to describe it

So yeah thats the bulk of my Bookwyrm suspicion 

Ok so vote ended up like so

• The Wandering Wizard (5): xinoeph512 / Ookla the Forgotten, _Stick_, Elkanah, Tani, Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient
  • The Bookwyrm / Ookla the Perpetual (4): The Wandering Wizard, JNV, Araris Valerian, Alvron
  • Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient (3): The Unknown Novel, Archer, Matrim's Dice
  • Matrim’s Dice (2): InfiniteInsanity, Chantara
  • Alvron (2): Illwei, Cash67
  • Kasimir (1): Kasimir

No vote manip I guess that makes sense all the vote manip blades have better other surges like Jezrien has a target scanner Kalak has a roleblock Ishar has giving stormlight and they only get two charges every three cycles also fun fact every blade has surges that dont necessarily conflict turnwise so thats nice good work there Ashbringer

xinoehp voted Wizard for the tie

Stick votes for Wizard last second to break the tie Elkanah and Alvron were arranging like it was three way then boom Wizard and thats a bit hm like I get they apparently trusted Bookwyrm for some reason but hm like if Bookwyrm is evil Id lean against cause its a bit too blatant but just something to keep eyes on

Elkanah had mixed feelings about both Wizard and Bookwwyrm and tried going for the tie and failed

Tani voted Wizard for the tie

Szeth votes Wizard for... the tie? 

Ok Ive been looking through the votes and like the origin of the Wizard train was an early Archer vote going at them for random voting and it just persistent with no actual suspicion or justification out of wanting a tie like seriously I have no problems with ties I object to orchestrating a tie for the sake of the tie regardless of suspiciousness

Wizard voted Bookwyrm for weird Insanity interactions

JNV (thats me!) voted Bookwyrm for the weirddest turnaround on a read Ive ever seen

Araris voted Bookwyrm for being careful

Alvron voted Bookwyrm for the tie

Novel voted Szeth for sheeping Kasimirs vote on Wizard

Archer voted Szeth for unclear reasons either wanting the tie or for wanting the tie 

Matrim voted Szeth for unstated reasons

Insanity votes Matrim for voting them

Chantara voted Matrim for no real reason

Illwei votes Alvorn for a weird reaction to Elkanah

Cash votes Alvron to try and get a tie

Kasimir voted Kasimir for pizza and honor

The problem with this is how casual it all was like the tie attitude pervaded everything and like Bookwyrm was up there for a while and no one did anything about it and like it doesnt feel like the eilms felt thretaened at all there was no urgency to any of the vote movements except for the tie arranging 

I spent ages on this ack probably a million ninjas hold up let me look at those

14 minutes ago, ookla the POKE VOTE said:

kas

elkanah

alvron

Howd you go from a whole post tunneling on Alvron to saying theyre a null read

Heres a quokka

Spoiler

Quokka_at_rottnest_(cropped).jpg.342e02fbe9a03f2a12ecf1425eee9c0c.jpg

Heres some RP

There was blood on the stone. The stone was sacred, holy, divine, and it was stained with blood. Shin blood, blood that had labored for the benefit of society. Wasted. Blood in the fields can nurture the world. Blood on the stone just tarnishes a sacred thing. 

16 minutes ago, JNV said:

wd you go from a whole post tunneling on Alvron to saying theyre a null read

no it went

vil 

null

elim

so elk is the null read

edit: people are lurking :(.

will give pumpkin pie if you do the challenge