7 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I point out that Bookwyrm is a LHF train again. Do you disagree?

I don’t have time to respond to you properly, but I’ll say that like, no, but who isn’t LHF at this point. I think you’re overestimating your own ability to affect another player’s choices, but idk. And I think assuming that because I don’t agree that your voting of Wiz is only explainable by one thing, I must be evil, is unfair. I’m not the same person as you. But I do have to go.

i was planning on voting before i left bc rollover is at an ungodly time but if no one else votes i’d like to let it rand :P 

LG91: Illwei/Turtle

Spoiler
Spoiler

what is didny worl i’m scared

dall-e is so cursed i want to see what it does with ‘kasimir as a quokka holding popcorn’ or something

and yeah i’m never letting myself get pocketed by french onion soup again :P

kas and illwei are both v and that’s the strongest d1 read i’ve had in a while

my gut read-dar isn’t working super well when it comes to elimmy posts unfortunately

6 minutes ago, Alvron said:

And I got his head too.  Now if I can just my hands on Wyrms brain....

Didn't you take that off your list?

I'd be willing to work something out, but Wyrm's my Dulabro and I can't abandon my bro like this. And Wyrm has definitely put the SE chapter of his life behind him where playing and GMing is concerned, unfortunately. He's made it clear he's not interested in the LG100 benchmark, alas :( 

Edited to add:

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And I think assuming that because I don’t agree that your voting of Wiz is only explainable by one thing, I must be evil, is unfair. I’m not the same person as you. But I do have to go.

But that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying what you are trying to do is to explode possibilities without caring about plausibility. I'm saying that to me is an Elim move, just like how E!you fed on FUD and pushing E!Araris and E!Danex crack when really, the E!Danex world was so small it should never realistically have been in play at all. And I think that is a fair statement to make.

At the same time, I don't see E!you fixating this hard when you have other tacks, so that's bringing me back around again to V!you.

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think you’re overestimating your own ability to affect another player’s choices, but idk.

We could also say we are underestimating how much I'd be willing to bus a teammate who does something foolish, or overestimating how willing I am defend them. Again, you can assert Bookwyrm will Bookwyrm. I don't deny this. But Bookwyrm playing the way he has been would have to be Bookwyrm ignoring the very first piece of advice I would drop in that doc, from having seen him play in QF63.

I'm not a very nice person when Evil, yes, I'm willing to admit.

Edited by Kasimir

2 minutes ago, ookla the POKE VOTE said:

my gut read-dar isn’t working super well when it comes to elimmy posts unfortunately

by this i mean my gut read on bookwyrm is e but i haven’t read his posts closely and it’s probably bias from being evil w bookwyrm last game, and the posts don’t seem very coached, ergo gut reads not working

Spoiler
Spoiler

if you get tineye or whatever the flavor is pls actually pm me lol

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

I'd be willing to work something out, but Wyrm's my Dulabro and I can't abandon my bro like this. And Wyrm has definitely put the SE chapter of his life behind him where playing and GMing is concerned, unfortunately. He's made it clear he's not interested in the LG100 benchmark, alas :( 

Doesn't mean I don't still want it. :P  I crossed it out because as you pointed out, at the time there was a bounty going on and some people, myself included, took it a bit too far which caused the games to stop being fun for others.  Now I just hunt for certain parts myself.

I know and I miss him but I can always dream.  And maybe find an acceptable replacement.

LG91:illwei/turtle

Spoiler
Spoiler

i probably could have, but there’s always next year ig

hydra games are weird though. like weirder than mu in general :P

also why did the title of the pm change lol

edit: also why is this year stupid is the setup weird?

Edited by ookla the POKE VOTE
edit in pm

8 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Doesn't mean I don't still want it. :P  I crossed it out because as you pointed out, at the time there was a bounty going on and some people, myself included, took it a bit too far which caused the games to stop being fun for others.  Now I just hunt for certain parts myself.

I know and I miss him but I can always dream.  And maybe find an acceptable replacement.

:ph34r:

Edited to add: I know, I miss him too :( 

Edited to add 2: 

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I'm fine with letting it rand, since Bookwrym seems the most evil to me and Alvron

I don't have a strong feeling either way, maybe a slight e lean. 

This way I'm only gambling with my own life, not the village's future.

Gut for both?

Edited by Kasimir

Spoiler
Spoiler

Sorry, accidentally made a new PM instead of using the old one (have mercy on me, Ash)

People are usually allowed to play as many games as they like, but this year they're only allowed to play 2, which resulted in there being 5 games total, 3 13ers, 1 10er and one 17er, and since there wasn't a lot of games there was no way to escape the 17er once you were placed in it even if you didn't want to play a 17er because that means that there are 32 individual people that you have to solve which is way to many and 34 people posting in thread is a nightmare

Spoiler
Spoiler

34 people sounds super sucky, yeah

like i’m struggling with 20 people and even though you know the people hydra’ing together are paired it’s still like, two different play styles and everything

also i just checked your hydra name hahahahaha 

did you like, get randed into the different sized games? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

I mean you fill out a form telling them which preferences you have but mine and my first hydra partner's preferences and availabilities clashed and we ended up in the cursed 17er

It's even harder when people refuse to sign their posts with who's posting (i'm guilty of this but I'm very distinguishable from my first hydra partner on most occasions

I'm in another hydra with rabbit but idt the game is even filled yet maybe it is and we're not going to take the game seriously at all so lol

26 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Edited to add:

But that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying what you are trying to do is to explode possibilities without caring about plausibility. I'm saying that to me is an Elim move, just like how E!you fed on FUD and pushing E!Araris and E!Danex crack when really, the E!Danex world was so small it should never realistically have been in play at all. And I think that is a fair statement to make.

At the same time, I don't see E!you fixating this hard when you have other tacks, so that's bringing me back around again to V!you.

We could also say we are underestimating how much I'd be willing to bus a teammate who does something foolish, or overestimating how willing I am defend them. Again, you can assert Bookwyrm will Bookwyrm. I don't deny this. But Bookwyrm playing the way he has been would have to be Bookwyrm ignoring the very first piece of advice I would drop in that doc, from having seen him play in QF63.

I'm not a very nice person when Evil, yes, I'm willing to admit.

To sharpen the point: it's like every single time I say, "and yes, is that plausible?" your response is "well, it's possible." I explicitly said so here, which you now read and reconstruct somehow as my sussing you for disagreeing with me, when all I'm asking is you make a single plausibility or likelihood judgement rather than just shrugging and saying "yes but it's possible though there's totally more than one reason."

36 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Except again, what is the incentive here? Didn't want to hang around on a low poster all alone? What's wrong with that? You are now offering speculations without even being able to make a plausibility assessment of why E!Kas would find those possibilities attractive, and I honestly think you are either Mat tunnelling or Evil, because you are not bothering to make a single likelihood assessment and are entirely focused on throwing possibilities.

(1) I explicitly suggest you could be V!Mat. Somehow, you're construing this as my denying the possibility you are Village entirely.

(2) I explicitly say that your focus on exploding possibilities without bothering to think about likelihood, evidenced in how you keep saying "but you could" doesn't seem to come from a Village perspective to me, but to be employing FUD. Edited to add: "But you could" reads like it comes from a mindset where you're not interested in constructing a coherent picture, but are so invested on keeping your E!me theory that you are basically requiring that it only be possible that I am Evil, which, no crem Sherlock, as long as I'm not the Shaman (no confirmation nor denial), it is definitely possible. The whole point of asking about plausibility is to make a SAN check.

I don't see how you get from this to "Well, it's not fair to me that you think I'm Evil for not agreeing with you that there's more than one reason for you to vote Wiz."

I have never denied there are other potential reasons: my point is that they are unlikely reasons. Your response has been, "I don't care, they still are reasons."

Edited by Kasimir

13 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Gut for both?

Bookwyrm is playing very similar to QF63 and as you pointed out earlier, his votes have been very opportunistic, I suppose it's also a bit of gut, since it's D1.

Alvron I can't quite get a read on could really lean either way, so I suppose that would make that one gut. 

Szeth has also been acting a bit odd, though I've never played with them before and it's been a while since they've been round these parts. Could be old Meta or something, just seems odd how fast they sheeped you, though I'd rather keep my vote on bookwyrm. 

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

-Is it just me or is TUN much more willing to vote this game? Did my QF convert him, or something else.

The Wiz vote is bad. Is TUN really voting himself again >> I know I'm voting Bookwyrm so that's one thing that's wrong. Kinda want to vote TUN but I'll let it sit cause I really do have to go. Sorry for the scattered nature of this.

I'm making a point to vote more this game, and I have had enough reason behind them to be fine with it. I'm always willing to vote if there are good reasons, and there have been some pretty good ones.

Don't know why Illwei has me as voting myself, I'm on Szeth. So voting me would do nothing. If you don't want Wiz to die your only real choice right now is Alv. Which might put you on a list, I'm not sure on the parameters. 

Kas, I didn’t stop to think about plausibility because I was typing down thoughts as they came while on mobile and multitasking :P. But I’m certain there are other explanations. Not really interested in taking this discussion further.

3 hours ago, Illwei said:

Szeth what's your current method of getting reads on people?

Turtle do you have thoughts on people that are not me or Kas?

Hahahahahahahahhaa reads?

Um I have a crack theory that Kas is elim — it feels like he’s acting a little too much like his village self, but without as much substance as he usually puts out. Plus, a motif in his posts has been to let people switch playstyles without judgment, which could be cover for such a strategy.

Then again, it’s D1, and I don’t currently have the brainpower to piece together any even mildly coherent reads from posts alone. So that’s it. 

Edit: didn’t see kas’s new post. That… doesn’t change my theory. Sorry.

Edited by Ookla the Omniscient

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Kas, I didn’t stop to think about plausibility because I was typing down thoughts as they came while on mobile and multitasking :P. But I’m certain there are other explanations. Not really interested in taking this discussion further.

I think it was worth it for me as it's given me a stronger belief in V!Mat, which at least tells me there is one train I am avoiding.

Edited to add:

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

Um I have a crack theory that Kas is elim — it feels like he’s acting a little too much like his village self, but without as much substance as he usually puts out. Plus, a motif in his posts has been to let people switch playstyles without judgment, which could be cover for such a strategy.

Then you should vote for me and talk people into joining you :)

Edited by Kasimir